Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Holy crap. This isn't how a rotator cuff works at all...... I hope you are full of shit. If not, you need to see a real doctor.
When I had the joy of dealing with mine turning a doorknob hurt my shoulder. Also started physio holding a soupcan out straight and turning it upside down and lifting my arm up and down, that was tough. Nothing to do with my back at all.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
With Colton Parayko a season away from UFA, I think Braden Schneider would be someone for the Blues to target.
The Rangers could be the most stacked team on forward with Tank. Does anyone have an idea at what kind of numbers Robert Thomas is looking at, because that would affect the Cap Hit in return (or ability to retain)?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
With Colton Parayko a season away from UFA, I think Braden Schneider would be someone for the Blues to target.
The Rangers could be the most stacked team on forward with Tank. Does anyone have an idea at what kind of numbers Robert Thomas is looking at, because that would affect the Cap Hit in return (or ability to retain)?

Not a chance in hell the Blues get someone as good as Schneider from anyone

Reactions: Alluckks

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

At this point, I think the blues have a better chance at landing Buzz Schneider in a trade for tank than they do Braden

Reactions: Boxscore

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Rangers balked at giving up Schneider for Eichel, highly unlikely a bum shouldered tarasenko gets that

Reactions: Alluckks and DaveG

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia

The Rangers could have a line-up of Team Canada and would won nothing. Toronto is a small kid compared to Rangers in losing. 100 years, 4 titles (3 of those when there were only 6 teams) and billions on wasted money.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
upload_2021-8-14_9-12-16.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This 3rd surgery seems to have fixed his shoulder. He played nearly 20 games with the Blues and Russia. Now he’s having a full off season workout. There’s videos of him working out. Looks like he’ll be back with the Blues. The Blues top 9 is pretty loaded and looks even better with a healthy Tarasenko.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I saw this too. Does anyone know if this guy is credible. He doesn't claim to be a insider but does have blue check mark and seems adamant that it will be the Canes trading for Vladi?

I have never heard of the guy, but he has the blue checkmark as you noted and close to 9k followers. He seems to be a hockey writer of some sort. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not he’s actually connected.

I can see CAR being interested in Tarasenko but only if there’s significant retention and/or they figure out a way to get Gardiner’s contract off their books, via LTIR, as part of the return for Tarasenko or dumped to another team. The Canes can’t take on 2 years of Tarasenko at $7.5M w/o shedding Gardiner or having the Blues retain.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Haha, that's crazy. Did you ever see a real doctor?
nope. back then I didn't have a ton of money and each one of these "guesses" was killing me

I just put up with the pain and inconvenience of it all. still played hockey but instead of a big slapper, I changed to a passer/wrist shot guy

it's not real painful these days. I still get a pretty good sized knot in my shoulder blade area when I do stuff, but the pain is more 'dull'

in my mid 50's now, so hockey isn't an issue anymore lol.. then again, three yrs ago on christmas even I got the old 'joe theisman' done to my leg lol that wasn't much fun either

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I have never heard of the guy, but he has the blue checkmark as you noted and close to 9k followers. He seems to be a hockey writer of some sort. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not he’s actually connected.

I can see CAR being interested in Tarasenko but only if there’s significant retention and/or they figure out a way to get Gardiner’s contract off their books, via LTIR, as part of the return for Tarasenko or dumped to another team. The Canes can’t take on 2 years of Tarasenko at $7.5M w/o shedding Gardiner or having the Blues retain.
from his twitter:

B.D. Gallof
@BDGallof

·
2h
What does this all mean for the #isles - IF they want Tarasenko, they will have to dig deeper. I think it’s more likely that Lou is more focused on his RFAs & keeping eye out for what D he can shake from tree when we approach training camps.

B.D. Gallof
@BDGallof

·
2h
I’m not an insider. I’m not graced with a plethora of contacts since I took time off from hockey writing. But Carolina & Tarasenko and their chasing of him is very solid… whether it happens or not. #isles #canes

B.D. Gallof
@BDGallof

·
2h
does this mean it’s set in stone? Prob not since St. Lou’s GM seems to be the wild card. But Carolina seems to have been very focused on Tarasenko and I don’t know how they plan to swing it via cap (Nino?). #isles

B.D. Gallof
@BDGallof

·
2h
I’m just going to call this now, since I’ve watched some places try to connect their speculation as if it was a fact now. Carolina has been, and still looks to be the front runner for Tarasenko (been citing this for a while). Delay seems to be signing of RFA Svechnikov. #isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad