Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
nope. back then I didn't have a ton of money and each one of these "guesses" was killing me

I just put up with the pain and inconvenience of it all. still played hockey but instead of a big slapper, I changed to a passer/wrist shot guy

it's not real painful these days. I still get a pretty good sized knot in my shoulder blade area when I do stuff, but the pain is more 'dull'

in my mid 50's now, so hockey isn't an issue anymore lol.. then again, three yrs ago on christmas even I got the old 'joe theisman' done to my leg lol that wasn't much fun either
Yeah, you're screwed now lol. I made the same mistake being a young idiot and not taking care of my shoulders when my injuries originally happened.. Pretty sure I tore them up and just toughed it out like a fool.

If you tear your rotator you have about 6 weeks to reattach the tendon(s) for the best results and a high chance for a full or near full recovery. So as long as this is a fresh injury Tarasenko should be fine.

I think a rotator cuff injury shouldn't be a big deal. The tendons are used to lift your arm in different directions. Shooting is a pushing down motion and shouldn't effect shooting, passing or many hockey related motions.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah, you're screwed now lol. I made the same mistake being a young idiot and not taking care of my shoulders when my injuries originally happened.. Pretty sure I tore them up and just toughed it out like a fool.

If you tear your rotator you have about 6 weeks to reattach the tendon(s) for the best results and a high chance for a full or near full recovery. So as long as this is a fresh injury Tarasenko should be fine.

I think a rotator cuff injury shouldn't be a big deal. The tendons are used to lift your arm in different directions. Shooting is a pushing down motion and shouldn't effect shooting, passing or many hockey related motions.
yeah, it wasn't so much that I couldn't shoot, it just hurt too much. so to keep playing, I changed what I did and how I did it. like ya said, water under the bridge now lol

Reactions: TS Quint

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues aren’t taking salary dumps just to unload Tarasenko unless it’s tied to a good asset

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
So is Lou just driving such a hard bargain that these teams involved are just trying to call each other's bluffs?

At this point I think the next check in will be whenever Blues training camp opens and Tarasenko has to report.

Reactions: Foppberg

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
So is Lou just driving such a hard bargain that these teams involved are just trying to call each other's bluffs?

At this point I think the next check in will be whenever Blues training camp opens and Tarasenko has to report.

What many people fail to realize is the Blues are fine with having him on the team and are in no rush to trade him. Back when all this started the Blues GM told Tarasenko not to be expect to be traded before camp starts.

The Blues think Tarasenko is healthy and if teams are not willing to pay the asking price they will just keep him. Either Tarasenko doesnt play well (due to attitude or injury) and they are in the exact same spot they currently are. Or he comes to camp determined to provide himself and plays great allowing the Blues to trade him for a bigger return or he decides he wants to stay.

The Blues have nothing to gain by dumping Tarasenko for nothing or taking back salary/retaining to move him for less than they think is fair value.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

Nah it's just that without substantial return, there isn't any reason. For us to move him. The only reason why we are exploring this is because of a player demand, due to him being upset about a couple of issues. We have the cap space and the use for him to stick around at least for the next year.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Nah it's just that without substantial return, there isn't any reason. For us to move him. The only reason why we are exploring this is because of a player demand, due to him being upset about a couple of issues. We have the cap space and the use for him to stick around at least for the next year.

If this post was a gif.......................

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What many people fail to realize is the Blues are fine with having him on the team and are in no rush to trade him. Back when all this started the Blues GM told Tarasenko not to be expect to be traded before camp starts.

The Blues think Tarasenko is healthy and if teams are not willing to pay the asking price they will just keep him. Either Tarasenko doesnt play well (due to attitude or injury) and they are in the exact same spot they currently are. Or he comes to camp determined to provide himself and plays great allowing the Blues to trade him for a bigger return or he decides he wants to stay.

The Blues have nothing to gain by dumping Tarasenko for nothing or taking back salary/retaining to move him for less than they think is fair value.

I agree the Blues are better off keeping Tarasenko until his trade value rises. I have to disagree on two points.

Blues shopped Tarasenko , reportedly for a while before the news became public. It was only several weeks ago that the GM said Tarasenko should prepare to start the season in St Louis.I don't believe he told Tarasenko this at the start,but just recently when it became clear there is no big market for Taransenko at this point.

Also, the Blues have $1.5m in cap space and they want to sign Thomas and bring back Bozak. They can probably make 1-2 cap dump moves, but keeping Tarasenko's salary is impacting the moves they want to make.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

The thing is, there isn't any reason for any team to give a substantial return for him, and other teams have more cap space without him, then STL does with him (and with Thomas needed to be signed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad