Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
3ee92f7cf9dfe054cd21b53787b61ea5.jpg

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Teams wouldn't have been scared off of PLD because he didn't come with the same injury risk as Tarasenko, that was clearly just a rift with the coach If Tarasenko can't prove that he is healthy and can score to potential buyers, which is the main reason for why teams are skeptical, then teams will be even more turned off if he puts in low effort. He has to prove that he won't reinjure his shoulder and that his shot is still capable of at least 25+ goals. If he can start the season at a decent scoring rate and look good, with a similar amount of physicality as he's used to, then I don't think it would take long to find a trade. Since there will always be concerns about his longevity, that'll still be a negative, but with only this season and next, it's not like it's a long-term commitment.
Yes and no. He doesn't necessarily have to put in maximum effort to prove he's healthy and can still shoot. He could just mail it in on the system and just prove his health on the PP. But, you are right about the short commitment and of course the reputation. But i don't think that impacted PLD's trade value and GMs around the league might be a bit more empathetic to his plight considering he did need a third surgery because of the ineptitude of the Blue's choice on surgeons. Easy to see how Tarasenko would be pissed and that would be the understandable rift.

Reactions: nilssont

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Tarasenko is going to have to swallow his pride and show up to camp and play. He has to realize a player owed 15 mill and 3 shoulder surgeries isn’t in high demand especially in a flat cap Covid world.

Him playing on the top 9 isn’t the worst thing in the world. The Blues top 9 is pretty loaded. He might even be on the top line with ROR and Perron and #1 PP

Reactions: McJedi

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Correction. He WAS a top 6 player. Who may or may not be still. Not sure why you keep repeating that he isn’t as risky as he is. I understand liking a player and a team but no one knows how efficient he will be . So I guess you know more than everyone who works for Seattle that decided that Dunn was worth more than what you think is for sure a top 6 forward that will be on the PP?
Ya no.

I think Dunn is hugely underrated. I would have kept him on the Blues over Krug. I was not surprised they took him over Tarasenko because of how valuable defensemen are.

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
I am sure the only reason they took Dunn over Tarasenko was because of how valuable def, are! Blues tried to trade Dunn for how many months but couldn't get anything of value worth pulling the trigger.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Where there is some Coke use, there is almost always more, perhaps a lot more. Everyone knows this player has a problem with it, which crushes his trade value. And why you’re looking at trades like this that come with a lot of risk for each team. Tarasenko may never be an effective NHL player again. His shoulder injuries may end his career prematurely. So you’re looking at a dice role either way. A possible hard drug addict for a guy with major shoulder damage that hasn’t proven healed or stable.

why not? Why? It’s a hard question to answer. The devil you know is probably why this trade never happens.

I can’t see any team in the NHL trading for Tarasenko without substantial retention by St Louis (50%) or taking back a really bad contract off their books. That AAV with major shoulder injury is too much risk.
Keep thinking Kuznetsov is an anomaly. Every team in the NHL has a guy who is abusing pain killers, or doing MDMA, or cocaine. Yes... even your favorite team. Kuznetsov is just the knucklehead who got caught on camera. Team GMs know this. I guarantee you that front offices aren't as startled by the cocaine thing as pearl clutching HF boards, it's just a common thing in the NHL. Kuznetsov's inconsistency on the ice is the thing holding him down.

The 'secret everybody knows': Drugs like cocaine and molly becoming more popular in NHL

Cocaine Use On The Rise Among NHL Players - Valley Recovery & Treatment Programs

“It’s really the secret that everybody knows,” a recently retired NHL player explained to The Atlantic. “Drugs like coke and molly create are popular for the euphoric type feeling that they create. It mimics that feeling when we get on the ice, when our hearts are racing and there’s blood coursing through our veins. It’s that feel-good drug.”

The ESPN poll only strengthened that sentiment, highlighting that nearly half of the player respondents felt the league had a cocaine problem. Secondary questions in the survey also pointed out that many disagree with the NHL’s recreational drug policy and feel stronger actions need to be taken.

“Cocaine is such a huge drug now within the league,” Henrique added. “It seems so casual, that it’s not a big deal; like having a beer almost, which is kinda scary. Where does it stop?”

Reactions: Reality Czech

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is laughable, we need cap space to sign our own, and YOU think we’ll trade a guy who’ll likely get $3.5M-$4M for a guy who makes $7.5M. Guess you’ve been smoking Armstrong’s gym shorts.

Why did you have to attack personally?

C'mon. Maybe there are moving some other particles to balance the trade.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007

Agreed that he should not be attacking, but no, Beau is not going to St. Louis. We are not trading a 24year old kid on the rise for a 29 year old guy coming off 3 shoulder surgeries. That is not Tarasenko's value at the moment. If you are expecting that, the Blues should just hold onto him, deal with the headache and hopes he proves himself so you can get more value later this year. I am pretty sure that is the most likely scenario at this point.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Keep thinking Kuznetsov is an anomaly. Every team in the NHL has a guy who is abusing pain killers, or doing MDMA, or cocaine. Yes... even your favorite team. Kuznetsov is just the knucklehead who got caught on camera. Team GMs know this. I guarantee you that front offices aren't as startled by the cocaine thing as pearl clutching HF boards, it's just a common thing in the NHL. Kuznetsov's inconsistency on the ice is the thing holding him down.

The 'secret everybody knows': Drugs like cocaine and molly becoming more popular in NHL

Cocaine Use On The Rise Among NHL Players - Valley Recovery & Treatment Programs

“It’s really the secret that everybody knows,” a recently retired NHL player explained to The Atlantic. “Drugs like coke and molly create are popular for the euphoric type feeling that they create. It mimics that feeling when we get on the ice, when our hearts are racing and there’s blood coursing through our veins. It’s that feel-good drug.”

The ESPN poll only strengthened that sentiment, highlighting that nearly half of the player respondents felt the league had a cocaine problem. Secondary questions in the survey also pointed out that many disagree with the NHL’s recreational drug policy and feel stronger actions need to be taken.

“Cocaine is such a huge drug now within the league,” Henrique added. “It seems so casual, that it’s not a big deal; like having a beer almost, which is kinda scary. Where does it stop?”

I loved the 1980's...Glad to see it making a comeback.

Reactions: Devilsfan992

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Correction. He WAS a top 6 player. Who may or may not be still. Not sure why you keep repeating that he isn’t as risky as he is. I understand liking a player and a team but no one knows how efficient he will be . So I guess you know more than everyone who works for Seattle that decided that Dunn was worth more than what you think is for sure a top 6 forward that will be on the PP?
Ya no.
correction.. he came back last year and was put back in the top 6 and back on the 1pp. and tho rusty, still produced

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Wish I could create a poll...

Which of Doctor Eichel or Heated Tarasenko tale ends first.

Stay tuned for a boring F5 august month of bring me some hockey back!

Reactions: Jim Bob

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I don't think any reasonable fan is expecting top dollar, but no one is giving him away either. the whole "seattle passed on him for free' thing is way overplayed. again, Army knew Francis wasn't taking big contracts. no one will acknowledge that but...

But if he had an actual value as an asset - Francis could have taken him and then flipped him to the highest bidder. Obviously right?

So his value was either so low that it wasnt worth the hassle, or he was scared that literally no one would take him, and he would have wasted a pick/stuck with a player he didnt want.

So while his value today might not technically be zero, or a negative. It takes some serious mental gymnastics to convince yourself that hes still a valuable asset that will land a nice return.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
But if he had an actual value as an asset - Francis could have taken him and then flipped him to the highest bidder. Obviously right?

So his value was either so low that it wasnt worth the hassle, or he was scared that literally no one would take him, and he would have wasted a pick/stuck with a player he didnt want.

So while his value today might not technically be zero, or a negative. It takes some serious mental gymnastics to convince yourself that hes still a valuable asset that will land a nice return.
Tarasenko has a NTC. No one really knows how many teams are on the list he gave to Armstrong and he may not have given Francis the same courtesy. Francis also didn't seem very keen on taking on any dead cap so that was a factor also. No one is talking about all the other high dollar players Francis passed on for cheaper, less talented guys from other teams.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Agreed that he should not be attacking, but no, Beau is not going to St. Louis. We are not trading a 24year old kid on the rise for a 29 year old guy coming off 3 shoulder surgeries. That is not Tarasenko's value at the moment. If you are expecting that, the Blues should just hold onto him, deal with the headache and hopes he proves himself so you can get more value later this year. I am pretty sure that is the most likely scenario at this point.
I agree. I think if the isles were willing to give up Beau for Tarasenko,the deal would have been done.
It's being reported by credible press sources, that his trade value has cratered.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tarasenko has a NTC. No one really knows how many teams are on the list he gave to Armstrong and he may not have given Francis the same courtesy. Francis also didn't seem very keen on taking on any dead cap so that was a factor also. No one is talking about all the other high dollar players Francis passed on for cheaper, less talented guys from other teams.
Shortly after the expansion draft,I read Francis wanted to be able to flip Taransenko to any team .
I would guess part of the reason for passing on him,was Tarasenko was not willing to give up the leverage his NTC gives him, the voice in having a say in where he ends up.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

I know English is likely not your first language but I very much enjoyed your use of particles as players/cap/picks etc.

Reactions: NDiesel

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
correction.. he came back last year and was put back in the top 6 and back on the 1pp. and tho rusty, still produced
You are reaching here. Yes he may of been put in the top 6 but he did not produce like a top 6 winger or like he has had in the past. Saying " he produced" doesnt mena anything. So if he got one point then he "produced" . Yes he did produce points but not like whats expected of a top 6 player and what he has produced like in the past. You cannot dispute that there is some serious hesitation on the part of teams trading for him. If there wasnt any risk and unknown with Tarasenko , teams would be lining up to get him. That is not the case at all.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Seems like the bad blood between him and the Blues are beginning to boil over. Pretty soon, people will be associating the term 'cancer' to Tarasenko in Blues' lockerroom. They will probably be forced to dump him for little as they would have no choice at that point; either that or their season goes down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad