Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So, he's going to purposely torpedo his own career to the point that there would definitely not be any buyers, just to stick it to Army? I'm not saying he'll ever be prime-Tarasenko, but if he wants out, playing with little effort isn't going to help him.
To be fair he won't torpedo (PLD didn't) his career if he mails it in for a season. He'll just put Armstrong in the same spot next season, minus the guessing. The only way Army wins is if Tarasenko does two things, 1) is healthy 2) is the utmost professional and puts together a mediocre or better season. Anything less than that and Army may actually be trying to move him at even less value because the guessing we'll be eliminated.

Still I'd roll the dice if i was Armstrong and give Tarasenko the chance to prove it.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Some battle.
poolnoodlefinal.gif

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
The difference is that Drouin hasn't demanded a trade. Tank has. Which means the water is poisoned a bit and pushes the Blues to make a trade.

In the end, even though Tank was a much better player, the value of Tank and Drouin may be the same when one accounts for age and injuries. Although Drouin may also have a "permanent" injury in either mental health or addiction.

In the end, there may be, just may be a trade where those two are involved. Which means Drouin is a 50 point player and Tank degrades into a 50 point player. There is no other way too make the deal work without Blues taking a huge retention.
even after all that's gone down , I'd much rather have Tarasenko than deal with Drouin

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
I echo anyone who's hoping he is retained with a promise of movement at the TDL. This works no matter what. If you're getting inadequate offers now, and he plays like a bag of horses---, you take the best of the crappiest offers and move on with your life as GM. If you're getting inadequate offers now and he plays well, you see higher returns when the season is in focus and the needs are obvious.

The key is to make the promise to get the best out of Tank. Then live by it, no matter what.

Hope this is how it goes. For everyone's sake.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
To be fair he won't torpedo (PLD didn't) his career if he mails it in for a season. He'll just put Armstrong in the same spot next season, minus the guessing. The only way Army wins is if Tarasenko does two things, 1) is healthy 2) is the utmost professional and puts together a mediocre or better season. Anything less than that and Army may actually be trying to move him at even less value because the guessing we'll be eliminated.

Still I'd roll the dice if i was Armstrong and give Tarasenko the chance to prove it.
Teams wouldn't have been scared off of PLD because he didn't come with the same injury risk as Tarasenko, that was clearly just a rift with the coach If Tarasenko can't prove that he is healthy and can score to potential buyers, which is the main reason for why teams are skeptical, then teams will be even more turned off if he puts in low effort. He has to prove that he won't reinjure his shoulder and that his shot is still capable of at least 25+ goals. If he can start the season at a decent scoring rate and look good, with a similar amount of physicality as he's used to, then I don't think it would take long to find a trade. Since there will always be concerns about his longevity, that'll still be a negative, but with only this season and next, it's not like it's a long-term commitment.

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
I would take Kuznetsov for Tarasenko in a heartbeat. He fits the Blues puck possession game much better than Tarasenko. Would fit nicely with Perron and O'Reilly. Just let O'Reilly take faceoff's

Ain't gonna happen ,sir . no way, no how will you see Kuznetsov in a Blues jersey.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
not desperate... they can fit him in as is, which is why I say if the deals not right, keep him.

seems some folks on here either forget or don't want to acknowledge that the PLAYER is the one that wants to be traded. the TEAM didn't start floating him name out there.. or at least thats the way it was reported.

who knows anymore
“Who knows anymore” is really the best take at this point, maybe Tarasenko was talked down after he realized trade to a contender on his original list wasn’t happening.

I’m skeptical a deal with a team like the Isles involving a lot of salary going back to the Blues made sense (to the Blues). I’m also skeptical that Tarasenko is definitely in the “anywhere is better than St Louis” stage.

But who knows.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Predict this too. And Beauvillier goes to other direction.
This is laughable, we need cap space to sign our own, and YOU think we’ll trade a guy who’ll likely get $3.5M-$4M for a guy who makes $7.5M. Guess you’ve been smoking Armstrong’s gym shorts.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Maybe "The Battle For Tarasenko" was the friends we made along the way in this thread.
Agreed Mook, I think those of us who have lived in this thread have gained a lot of respect and understanding for our respective counterparts in this thread. I know I have

it’s like the battle scenes in Woody Allen’s “ Love and Death.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
With the Rangers paying their goalie Shesterkin almost 6 million, you have to think his friend and rival, Sorokin will demand more. This is playing out exactly as I predicted. The Islanders never had the cap space for Tarasenko to begin with. Now everyone can understand that as players get signed

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
With the Rangers paying their goalie Shesterkin almost 6 million, you have to think his friend and rival, Sorokin will demand more. This is playing out exactly as I predicted. The Islanders never had the cap space for Tarasenko to begin with. Now everyone can understand that as players get signed

If Sorokin wants 6 mill then his buddy Varlamov is going to get moved

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
actually the Isles do, Elliotte Friedman is usually legit.I was afraid that Armstrong had gotten Lou Drunk and the Isles were gonna waste $7.5M in cap space to help his buddy out. I felt much better when Friedman backtracked. the whole idea never made sense to me. But Army and Lou are friends so......

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
not really sure what the point of this post is. but, Vladi is a top6 player and that's where Berube has played him all along, and put him right back on the PP as soon as he started playing again.
this ain't Brian Sutter, who couldn't coach a lick. that man was totally clueless behind the bench
Correction. He WAS a top 6 player. Who may or may not be still. Not sure why you keep repeating that he isn’t as risky as he is. I understand liking a player and a team but no one knows how efficient he will be . So I guess you know more than everyone who works for Seattle that decided that Dunn was worth more than what you think is for sure a top 6 forward that will be on the PP?
Ya no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad