OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Just completed my last essay for the semester. So stoked! I made it through the first four courses of English philology. Effectively going into holiday mode now, although on the 19th we still have a 3-4 hour class.

I haven't slept consistently in at least a week, missing entire nights of sleep at least three times in the last little while. Guess I was stressing out about the last push here before Christmas. Happy to have that behind me with some success.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You know I was the same way with Godfather until I watched the first one a couple weeks ago. Man I've been missing out all these years, I plan on watching the second one soon, but they're just so long.

Stay strong D2M, it will work itself out I hope.

Oh I'm Gucci bro but thanks anyway.

It really doesn't have to do with me much... So, I figured it's not my place to share anything so, I'm ignoring all i heard.

@UncleRisto You lucky prick. I'm done tomorrow, with a final I'm definitely not prepared. LOL

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
The new Star Wars was a blast. Such and enjoyable popcorn flick. The Star Wars universe is just beautiful with modern tech.

The story did many things right and some other stuff wrong. Some masterful scenes and some downright questionable choices.
Like why did we get no background info on Snoke?!?! After all of that build up. One of the stronger force users ever (outside of Luke at the end) and controls half the galxey but we don't learn anything about his rise at all. Disappointing.
7.5/10 waaaaaay better than episode 7

Last edited:

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
The new Star Wars was a blast. Such and enjoyable popcorn flick. The Star Wars universe is just beautiful with modern tech.

The story did many things right and some other stuff wrong. Some masterful scenes and some downright questionable choices.
Like why did we get no background info on Snoke?!?! After all of that build up. One of the stronger force users ever (outside of Luke at the end) and controls half the galxey but we don't learn anything about his rise at all. Disappointing.

Yeah I liked it a lot too. Not sure how to do the spoilers tag on my phone so all I'll say is I agree with your comment.

Definitely better than 7.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

To me, the mistakes they made we're minor, and mostly had to do with jarring the tone back and forth between lighthearted and heavy too much. On the big important stuff though they got it all right.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I do wonder if they'll ever go back and re-make those prequels. Those episodes were so catered to children that it destroyed the brand a bit.

Glad the new ones appear to be more directed towards the adult-adolescent crowd. You can make them lighthearted enough for kids to enjoy as well without bringing in embarrassing characters like Ja-Ja Binks

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I do wonder if they'll ever go back and re-make those prequels. Those episodes were so catered to children that it destroyed the brand a bit.

Glad the new ones appear to be more directed towards the adult-adolescent crowd. You can make them lighthearted enough for kids to enjoy as well without bringing in embarrassing characters like Ja-Ja Binks
There really were some good ideas and themes in the prequels. The execution was so abysmal that it buried all of it, but it was there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You know I was the same way with Godfather until I watched the first one a couple weeks ago. Man I've been missing out all these years, I plan on watching the second one soon, but they're just so long.

Stay strong D2M, it will work itself out I hope.

De Niro crushes the 2nd Godfather. It's a must watch.

The 3rd is interesting in terms of Michael's overall story, but it's definitely a big step down, and not in the same class as the first two.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not too much good in Attack of the Clones. Jango Fett getting beheaded is kinda cool. :laugh:
I seriously struggle to remember a single thing about that movie that didn't make me cringe. Phantom Menace had the epic lightsaber fight, and Revenge of the Sith had... Well, another epic lightsaber fight. Other than that, I really can't make myself watch them anymore.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I seriously struggle to remember a single thing about that movie that didn't make me cringe. Phantom Menace had the epic lightsaber fight, and Revenge of the Sith had... Well, another epic lightsaber fight. Other than that, I really can't make myself watch them anymore.

The end scene with the imperial march playing as they show all the clone troopers marching around is cool...that's about it though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I shouldn't be trusted to rate Revenge of the Sith because I was 10 when it came out and I loved it, but being a little more recent than the rest of the prequels, Episode III has some cool scenes. The Jedi Temple march/Order 66 scene is one of them. The Phantom Menace has Darth Maul.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Empire Strikes Back is the GOAT Star Wars movie.
I still think my favorite is ANH. It's the perfect adventure movie. ESB is more narratively complex, and I understand why most people call it the best Star Wars movie, but nothing can beat the excitement and fun of the very first movie.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Empire is my favorite, but for a long, long time Return was the pinnacle. It’s too bad a lot of you youngsters weren’t able to see it when it came out. Being 6 years old and FINALLY seeing your hero Han Solo thawed outta carbonite on the big screen was everything. I was actually angry about Empire because it froze him in the first place. :laugh:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I probably shouldn't but.... I was at a local bar I generally dislike with a couple friends. We all decided to leave and I walked up on someone stealing my jacket which I left tucked behind a chair near the door. I point this out to my buddies and we immediately surround the guy and his couple friend. They were going through the jackets that were piled up by the door, obviously looking to steal stuff. I've have had my jacket stolen before so I kind of lost it. I grab my jacket from the guy and threatened him. They started posturing for a fight, so I did what only a reasonable drunk would do.... and I punched right through a big plate glass window next to me. When I realized what happened I left immediately. I went to another bar just kept drinking after stopping my hand from bleeding.

Guess I can't go back to that bar now... At least I avoided a bad fight I guess.

Reactions: BoxOfChocolates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad