OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Been watching Stargate SG1 with my neighbor after he insisted that I needed to watch it.

What a fantastic show. How have I missed it before?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Been watching Stargate SG1 with my neighbor after he insisted that I needed to watch it.

What a fantastic show. How have I missed it before?

That is a phenomenal show! One of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Up there with the new Battlestar Galactica.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
How does anyone not watch this show, really?

2055982.jpg

2055979.jpg

There's MacGyver, Gay Sam Jackson, Token Woman with 1990's Hair, and Budget Matt Damon.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So The Last Jedi was wonderful. My spoiler-free review is that while some minor missteps were made, the score is masterful, even by the standards of John Williams, and the visuals were both gorgeous and artful. The visual symbolism was jaw dropping as it evoked and recalled familiar moments. Overall it was pretty much everything I wanted, as well as several things I didn't even know I wanted until I saw them. :vhappy:

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have not seen a single Star wars movie, or related anything, ever.
That's such a "person who hasn't seen Star Wars" thing to say. But it's not like they're super awesome movies if you're not a scifi fan or more likely if you don't have any childhood (or nerdy 80's adulthood) connections to the franchise. So really you're not missing out on much as far as the actual movies go.

I'd imagine that the new productions would be a good entry point, though, since it's clearly meant as such. That's if somebody was interested in doing that other than the children of nerd dads.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That's such a "person who hasn't seen Star Wars" thing to say. But it's not like they're super awesome movies if you're not a scifi fan or more likely if you don't have any childhood (or nerdy 80's adulthood) connections to the franchise.
:laugh:.. True. I feel like it's a thing where you had to have watched it as a kid to absolutely love it. I tried to watch one a few years ago before the new films came out but I just couldn't get into it. I was more into video games than movies as a kid.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
:laugh:.. True. I feel like it's a thing where you had to have watched it as a kid to absolutely love it. I tried to watch one a few years ago before the new films came out but I just couldn't get into it. I was more into video games than movies as a kid.
I had this nerdy friend who introduced me to the films through Legos that we used to play with as kids. And then we played the video games and whatnot. Without the childhood connections these movies must be such crap. You can see how shitty they are even when you do have the connection. :laugh: But the new ones are better films obviously, so I'd think they're alright on their own.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I had this nerdy friend who introduced me to the films through Legos that we used to play with as kids. And then we played the video games and whatnot. Without the childhood connections these movies must be such crap. You can see how ****ty they are even when you do have the connection. :laugh: But the new ones are better films obviously, so I'd think they're alright on their own.

Yeah exactly. I think a lot of the love for the new Star Wars, and the old ones too is the nostalgia childhood memories of it. Some shows and movies I loved as a kid I refuse to watch again because I don't want my adult brain to ruin the memories of it :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've seen all Star Wars films, love the original trilogy, the prequels are an utter disaster outside of Darth Maul. The new ones have been...meh. Hoping this new one is fun as I really, really like Rian Johnson as a director.

Love Battlestar, truly one of the best sci-fi shows to ever grace the small screen. Hell, it's one of the greatest TV shows ever period.

My very favorite TV show of all time will probably always be Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

As for major pop culture staples, I've never seen a single, solitary major horror franchise. No Freddy, no Jason, no Chucky, but if Michael Myers counts I guess I saw the first one they brought Jamie Lee Curtis back. Also still haven't seen any Harry Potter past Goblet of Fire, and I never saw the 2nd one. Maybe someday I'll watch the rest.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have not seen a single Star wars movie, or related anything, ever.
You know I was the same way with Godfather until I watched the first one a couple weeks ago. Man I've been missing out all these years, I plan on watching the second one soon, but they're just so long.

Stay strong D2M, it will work itself out I hope.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
don't watch GodFather 3 - it's horrible and a waste of time. One and two are legit. You should just go from Godfather 2 directly into the Sopranos.

My Iphone turned into a brick yesterday. Don't update any of the IOS 11 versions without backing up first. I had to delete everything and completely start over. It killed my cell phone service (i.e. I couldn't connect to the verizon network at ALL). Major pain in the a$$. Also, the Verizon tech support told me never to let WiFi update your IPhone - it does a terrible job and if you get a wifi glitch during your update you're pretty much SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad