OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
September's software change to HFBoards allowed for the entirely arbitrary and in no way necessary self-imposed limit of 1000 posts to a thread to be lifted. Despite this new allowance for threads to go on forever I personally feel some threads can still benefit from periodic renewal, if to chart the changing forum landscape or real life incidents if nothing else. There was also an element of competition when you could count who'd made the most posts in a thread but hey, apparently progress means the removal of features people liked.

I propose that the "The Avalounge [X] (est. 2017)" format be kept for all future iterations of the thread.

Discuss.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My vote goes with the new thread. Though I can't post a picture of how badly I dominated the last one due to the forum change :(

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm not even done with Stranger Things season 2 yet so no spoilers anyway but man, Winona Ryder overacts like crazy.

member 116861

I'm only 5 episodes in season 2 so probably not fair for me to say but season 1 was so much better

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm digging the season so far but yes, it's not as good as season 1. That was about the most perfect season of television I've ever watched. Hard to eclipse that, though one of my biggest fears (would we even care about Will Byers now that he's an actual character) has been allayed.

And I will forever be in love with Miss Winona Ryder but she is not the best actress in the world. The most cringeworthy scene I've ever sat through was the "climactic" scene from Girl, Interrupted. Egads what an awful movie. How Angelina won a goddamn Oscar for that one I will NEVER know.

Still think it's crazy to see Lydia from Beetlejuice and Mikey from The Goonies all middle aged now and hooking up.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Important difference between over-react and overact.

I'm five episodes down too, and I feel the same way.

I feel like it picks up after that point, despite the weird throw in episode which you will soon see.

Edit* That said, I feel this season is really just a major set-up for what I'm hoping will be a crazy season 3.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I thought Winona Ryder was amazing in S1. She played the mother losing her mind role fantastically.

I agree. For some reason though I did think she came off a bit wooden in a few recent scenes, most notably one where she's lambasting Paul Reiser and his team of so-called experts as to why they can't figure out what's wrong with her son. I'm being pretty nitpicky though, maybe because IMO the acting on this show thus far has been spot-on fantastic, especially each of the kids.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I liked Season 2 of Stranger Things more then S1 personally. S1 I wasn't even a huge fan of. It was decent enough and had me coming back for season 2, but not amazing.

However I really like Season 2, especially the last two episodes. Thought it was fantastic this time through and left me legitimately excited for whatever season 3 brings.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I liked Season 2 of Stranger Things more then S1 personally. S1 I wasn't even a huge fan of. It was decent enough and had me coming back for season 2, but not amazing.

However I really like Season 2, especially the last two episodes. Thought it was fantastic this time through and left me legitimately excited for whatever season 3 brings.

It was good, no doubt. But sort of anti-climatic. Save for Bob, meh.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I liked season 2 but i couldnt stand Max's brother...Billy? Tommy? everytime he came on i just groaned

Bob however, is a delight.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I must be alone...
when Bob died I really didn't care, or wasn't upset. Just kind of like finally.. :laugh: I wasn't a fan.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
God damn it Louie.
He's been a pretty open secret in the comedy world for years. I know a bunch of stand-ups (not the big national types, but lots of journeymen and people who know the industry) and they all knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->