OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Sorry, I even checked to see if "Waingro" applied to anyone besides the welt in Heat who Robert De Niro inexplicably brings into a big job despite knowing nothing about him, but I was watching him getting his head hit off the table & window in a diner

Haha, yeah I just realized that's what you were talking about.

I'm probably actually gonna be that guy and change my username again. I went like 12 years or something with one username, and now I'm thinking about to changing it again for the third time. :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Sorry, I even checked to see if "Waingro" applied to anyone besides the welt in Heat who Robert De Niro inexplicably brings into a big job despite knowing nothing about him, but I was watching him getting his head hit off the table & window in a diner
Interesting coincidence then that Waingro is a regular on the Avs board. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is @Foppa still a member here? Or maybe he changed his name? I changed my original username because I wanted to avoid confusion, but I don't see his name listed when I do a search.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Haha, yeah I just realized that's what you were talking about.

I'm probably actually gonna be that guy and change my username again. I went like 12 years or something with one username, and now I'm thinking about to changing it again for the third time. :laugh:
You won't be able to fit all your previous names in your user title at this rate.

Also don't expect me to keep track of any of them. You'll be "that guy"

Reactions: Waingro

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
No! It's almost like that's why I tagged him!
Now I'm ALL confused!
kvDwl.gif

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Amazon may be evil, but they are also awesome. Do I need to buy socks, yes. Should I dive 20 minutes to Target and fight people for socks, NO. I just sit down and two clicks later, they are on their way.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm trying hard to get off the amazon wagon but it's hard

I honestly have started noticing though that if you do a google shopping search vs amazon, there's tons of items that are come up cheaper than amazon. Especially during christmas season I always check prices now. I don't think they're always the cheapest anymore.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Amazon is just pure evil. As someone who works in a locally owned brick-and-mortar store, I won't give them a dime anymore. They're threatening my livelihood at this point, and they treat their employees like animals. If possible, I will shop locally owned. If that's not possible, chain retail (anything but Walmart), and only if what I need isn't available locally, then I'll go online.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
My daughter works for Amazon and loves it. But she is in the business support side, not retail.

Personally, I order online as much as possible. Groceries via Redmart or Honestbee, dinner via Foodpanda, Newegg, Lazada, Amazon, and sometimes specialty shops online (usually for the wife's wild hairs). But I am perfectly happy being a hermit that only goes out to play/work hockey games.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I love this world. You never know who you'll meet.

A dominatrix at the bar. I mean come on, really? Definitely gonna friend this one and see where it leads.

Reactions: Murzu

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
my worst fear with the amazon thing is that eventually it will narrow the scope of what everyone purchases and put all kinds of manufacturers out of business. At some point amazon will have the same effect as google - they’ll start limiting what you see based on who is stuffing their wallet the most. I don’t want to lose the right to many choices of goods but the more business amazon does, the smaller those possibilities probably will become.

I’ve started at least trying to use Target more, and as much as I abhor Walmart I have to say I’m intrigued with their free 2 day shipping with no subscription account. That’s an impressive offering.

I do have one hard rule too - for kids toys I will never ever buy online. To strip kids of the joy of going into a brick and mortar is just wrong. Toys R Us was becoming a dinosaur but all of these small toy stores - I will keep them in business as long as I can.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Oh, we're in for a hilarious episode.

Which episode are we on by now? My main story arch is trying to get back that single mom who still has my necklace. She went out last night with a friend and I found out she was keeping the necklace as an excuse to bring me over sometime for it.

But I could have a secondary one with the clubs this dominatrix is into. Apparently a friend of hers works in Pharma and travels... I know someone else who does that...

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Which episode are we on by now? My main story arch is trying to get back that single mom who still has my necklace. She went out last night with a friend and I found out she was keeping the necklace as an excuse to bring me over sometime for it.

But I could have a secondary one with the clubs this dominatrix is into. Apparently a friend of hers works in Pharma and travels... I know someone else who does that...
There's definitely something about a safeword in this one.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

The One About Whips and Chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad