The Atlantic Division

SunDevilHockeyFan

Bertuzzi's Italian Kitchen
Feb 1, 2018
Eugene OR / Orange County CA
All we've been told is how much more elite the Bruins are tho in this thread by Bruins fans

It's our mentality as Bruins fans, we just like to talk loudly and in a dumb sounding accent about how great we and our sports teams are.

And it’s not our fault we’re bad with stats, all our math guys are stuck working as janitors at Harvard

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
We play all the same teams though. Don’t know why that’s the argument you’re going with
Go look at your schedule during your hot streak and your upcoming schedule. Bruins aren't going to know what hit them in about 2 months time.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Despite Toronto going on the best streak of their season the P% difference between Boston(2) and Toronto(6) is larger than the gap between Toronto and 18th placed New Jersey. There is a gap there, folks.

Tampa/Boston

Toronto

The rest of the Division

Comparing p% is pretty useless when the season is still on going. Teams don't control their schedule, they play the games as they're scheduled. Why don't we see how they stack up at the end of the regular season instead of this reactionary weekly changing p%

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
We play all the same teams though. Don’t know why that’s the argument you’re going with
Oh really? that explains why we haven't played the Sabres yet right?

The Bruins have 8 games left against Atlantic division teams not named the Lightning or Leafs, with 4 of those games coming against the Panthers (Only team I can see fighting for a wild card and not being a seller)

The Leafs have 11 game left against the Atlantic division poop teams, with only 3 of those game coming against the Panthers.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Comparing p% is pretty useless when the season is still on going. Teams don't control their schedule, they play the games as they're scheduled. Why don't we see how they stack up at the end of the regular season instead of this reactionary weekly changing p%

Ok, lock the board down. No use talking about the season till it's over. Because BAM said so.

As if you guy wouldn't be saying the same thing if the tables were turned.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
3 of them in their sophmore seasons and we're on our way to a second playoff in a row with them.

Could be worse, we could have traded them like Seguin or Hamilton

Or could have traded Rask or Alex Steen I guess. Or could have had Seguin and Hamilton had you not traded for a guy you wound up dealing for pennies on the dollar while retaining 1.2 per for six years. We all make terrible deals now and then, although Hamilton is no big loss.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Oh really? that explains why we haven't played the Sabres yet right?

The Bruins have 8 games left against Atlantic division teams not named the Lightning or Leafs, with 4 of those games coming against the Panthers (Only team I can see fighting for a wild card and not being a seller)

The Leafs have 11 game left against the Atlantic division poop teams, with only 3 of those game coming against the Panthers.

Bruins have dominated the Panthers in recent years
(17-3 in their last 20)

And the Sabres have always played the Leafs well
(10-10 in last 20)

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Leafs aren't the ones with 2 rookies in their top-4 and two slugs like miller and mcquaid in the lineup.

You would be jumping up and down with happiness if you had those "2 rookies in the top 4". McAvoy is a stud envied by the whole league and I assume by you guys too. Carlo is a very solid, physical defensive D that is actually discovering that he can also pinch in nicely.
Miller and McQuaid are very solid in their roles.

All in all, it's ridiculous to have a fan of any other team chirping us about our D.
If there's one thing that has been elite for us, is our: #1 league-wide for goals against / game, #2 for PK and #3 for shots against. That's the best defense in the NHL.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
(17-3 in their last 20)

(10-10 in last 20)
ohh I see stats is your reason now. nevermind when you used baseless opinion..

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I think we can all agree that anything less than a Boston cup parade will be remembered as a massive disappointment for this dynasty.

Who's saying that? Stop sensationalizing things. Certain posters from both sides have put up good arguments here. You running around putting words in people's mouths doesn't add much to the conversation.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Despite Toronto going on the best streak of their season the P% difference between Boston(2) and Toronto(6) is larger than the gap between Toronto and 18th placed New Jersey. There is a gap there, folks.

Tampa/Boston

Toronto

The rest of the Division

I have been saying this exact thing for a while...

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Who's saying that? Stop sensationalizing things. Certain posters from both sides have put up good arguments here. You running around putting words in people's mouths doesn't add much to the conversation.

Oh yea, my one post in this train-wreck of a thread totally turned it into sensationalized dribble. Now let's get back to arguing about point percentages with 50 some games played which when projected out amounts to less than a 4 game difference.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Oh yea, my one post in this train-wreck of a thread totally turned it into sensationalized dribble. Now let's get back to arguing about point percentages with 50 some games played which when projected out amounts to less than a 4 game difference.
Ok so who in this thread is saying the Bruins are going to win a cup and anything less is a disappointment. Even our biggest homers haven't said that. Your fly by sensationalism doesn't make this thread any less of a trainwreck.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Ok so who in this thread is saying the Bruins are going to win a cup and anything less is a disappointment. Even our biggest homers haven't said that. Your fly by sensationalism doesn't make this thread any less of a trainwreck.
Wait, so you guys aren't a lock for the cup? wtf

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
(17-3 in their last 20)

(10-10 in last 20)

I mean it's not like Toronto was rebuilding as well up until last year. What was our record vs them since we got Matthews? I think we went like 2-1-1 last year vs Buffalo.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I have been saying this exact thing for a while...

Ugh you people keep ignoring how easy the bruins schedule has been up until this point.

Boston so far has played 29 Homes games, Toronto 27 and Tampa Bay 25. Thats 2 more than Toronto and 4 more than Tampa.

Boston so far has played 25 away games, while Tampa and Toronto have played 30 and 31 respectively! - 5 less than Toronto and 6 less than Tampa. Toronto has also gone through all of their difficult road trips.

Once again, if Boston is still far ahead of Toronto by the time you're done your grueling end of season schedule, i will proclaim you as a beast team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad