The Atlantic Division

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ugh you people keep ignoring how easy the bruins schedule has been up until this point.

Boston so far has played 29 Homes games, Toronto 27 and Tampa Bay 25. Thats 2 more than Toronto and 4 more than Tampa.

Boston so far has played 25 away games, while Tampa and Toronto have played 30 and 31 respectively! - 5 less than Toronto and 6 less than Tampa. Toronto has also gone through all of their difficult road trips.

Once again, if Boston is still far ahead of Toronto by the time you're done your grueling end of season schedule, i will proclaim you as a beast team.

You people?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What? How does that even happen?

hahahah I'm from NJ. My dad was a Rangers/Giants fan. I remember watching the Bruins play the Isles and Rangers and really liked Brad Park. Football wise, I was a Fran Tarkenton fan, didn't like the Giants so just went with the Vikings....the only team my dad wouldn't allow us to like was the Yankees, so I liked the Mets because we always went to the games.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Ugh you people keep ignoring how easy the bruins schedule has been up until this point.

Boston so far has played 29 Homes games, Toronto 27 and Tampa Bay 25. Thats 2 more than Toronto and 4 more than Tampa.

Boston so far has played 25 away games, while Tampa and Toronto have played 30 and 31 respectively! - 5 less than Toronto and 6 less than Tampa
. Toronto has also gone through all of their difficult road trips.

Once again, if Boston is still far ahead of Toronto by the time you're done your grueling end of season schedule, i will proclaim you as a beast team.

The bolded part is going to backfire SPECTACULARLY in 3, 2, 1...

The Bruins:
- have the best record for away games for the entire league: 16-5-4.
- their away games pts% is: 720.
- 720 is a better away pts% than any other team AND it is even better than
A) any other team overall record (= away + home games), as Tampa is at 705, then Boston 704...
AND
B) Boston has a home games pts% of 690 (= 18-7-4), which is obviously lower than the away games pts% (720).

So, Boston seeing less away games has actually been a disadvantage, seeing we bat 690 at home and 720 away. :teach:

Last edited:
Reactions: bearcountry17

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The bolded part is going to backfire SPECTACULARLY in 3, 2, 1...

The Bruins:
- have the best record for away games for the entire league: 16-5-4.
- their away games pts% is: 720.
- 720 is a better away pts% than any other team AND it is even better than
A) any other team overall record (= away + home games), as Tampa is at 705, then Boston 704...
AND
B) Boston has a home games pts% of 690 (= 18-7-4), which is obviously lower than the away games pts% (720).

So, Boston seeing less away games has actually been a disadvantage, seeing we bat 690 at home and 720 away. :teach:

This becomes more interesting when you realize that record is made up of 12-3-1 versus non playoff teams (actual winning percentage versus playoff teams is .444) and of their remaining 16 road games, 10 are against playoff teams.

Reactions: Lahey and naruto

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This becomes more interesting when you realize that record is made up of 12-3-1 versus non playoff teams and of their remaining 16 road games, 10 are against playoff teams.

Ahhhh... The old "but let's qualify this number"... Of course. So before it was a "but, but they played less away games" and when it turns out that they have the best record of anyone in that, a "duh, but they were easy games". Major surprise. /S

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Ahhhh... The old "but let's qualify this number"... Of course. So before it was a "but, but they played less away games" and when it turns out that they have the best record of anyone in that, a "duh, but they were easy games". Major surprise. /S

Stats don't lie but people do. Context means a lot and given the discussion is difficulty of remaining games, it would seem wholly logical to discuss WHO you are playing versus who you HAVE had success against. Don't know about you but having a .444 winning percentage against the type of team you are about to face several times is probably quite relevant to the discussion at hand. Maybe you'll do just fine but your competition is about to start playing against the weaker teams while you go through these tests. You now have more away games and against tougher competition than you have faced to date.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
This becomes more interesting when you realize that record is made up of 12-3-1 versus non playoff teams (actual winning percentage versus playoff teams is .444) and of their remaining 16 road games, 10 are against playoff teams.

Great post. Bruins fans like to leave out a lot of information. I would be embarassed if i was that guy. Yikes. His argument fell apart spectacuarly in 3, 2 ,1... lmaoo. I love when condescending know it alls are brought down a peg or two

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Stats don't lie but people do. Context means a lot and given the discussion is difficulty of remaining games, it would seem wholly logical to discuss WHO you are playing versus who you HAVE had success against. Don't know about you but having a .444 winning percentage against the type of team you are about to face several times is probably quite relevant to the discussion at hand. Maybe you'll do just fine but your competition is about to start playing against the weaker teams while you go through these tests. You now have more away games and against tougher competition than you have faced to date.

These are the wishful thinking things that you guys have been saying for the past two months and yet here we are, top of the league. Keep on hoping.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Boston will come back down to earth very shortly, they should have lost against NJ, and they will lose tonight against Calgary.

Reactions: burstnbloom

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Vs. .500+ Teams (24 teams)

TOR: 44gms, 25-14-4, 54pts, .614pts%, +0.41gdiff/gm (16gms remaining)
BOS: 38gms, 21-10-7, 49pts, .645pts%, +0.47gdiff/gm (22gms remaining)

Vs. Sub-.500 Teams (7 teams)

TOR: 14gms, 9-5-0, 18pts, .643pts%, +0.79gdiff/gm (8gms remaining)
BOS: 16gms, 13-2-1, 27pts, .844pts%, +1.77gdiff/gm (6gms remaining)

Boston and their veteran core really took care of business against the dregs of the league.. Just hammered them. Toronto's young core probably lacked a bit of discipline when it came to those same games, and they passed up some points.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
These are the wishful thinking things that you guys have been saying for the past two months and yet here we are, top of the league. Keep on hoping.

I'm not sure how it is wishful thinking? It's the simple facts of your record to date and upcoming schedule. I can understand that you don't like that closer analysis makes your "3...2....1" scenarios seem much less clear cut than you would have the uneducated believe but c'est la vie. Only time will tell mon ami.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Great post. Bruins fans like to leave out a lot of information. I would be embarassed if i was that guy. Yikes. His argument fell apart spectacuarly in 3, 2 ,1... lmaoo. I love when condescending know it alls are brought down a peg or two

He has shown in the past to be someone who uses statistics like a drunkard uses a lightpost: for support rather than illumination. Case in point is his multiple time insistence that how a team does 100 years ago has any bearing on their results today.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Boston and their veteran core really took care of business against the dregs of the league.. Just hammered them. Toronto's young core probably lacked a bit of discipline when it came to those same games, and they passed up some points.

Yup. That's the only problem with Toronto's rash of "easy" games coming up. Will they play to the level of competition or do what they should do?

Reactions: zeke

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I'm not sure how it is wishful thinking? It's the simple facts of your record to date and upcoming schedule. I can understand that you don't like that closer analysis makes your "3...2....1" scenarios seem much less clear cut than you would have the uneducated believe but c'est la vie. Only time will tell mon ami.

Oh, the scenario holds perfectly well. Bruins have the best away record in the league, by FAR too.

Pointing first out that they played less away games, then just to see a spectacular rebuttal of that via the performance in those away games and then going with a "duh, but you anyway only play bad teams" just reeks of desperation.

We are 16-5-4 away AND 18-7-4 at home: we consistently beat teams home AND away WAY more than they beat us. And way better than the rest of the league minus Tampa who has a whopping 0.001 better pts%.
But I know, we played 2/3rds of a season but have only played bad teams. Of course. We played Arizona 54 games, I guess. /S

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Calgary has the best road record.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Someone actually needs to lock this thread, the smugness coming from both sides is legitimately making me angry that anyone could have their head so far up their own ass on a ****ing hockey forum.

Y’all probably like to smell your own farts
You're just upset that the Flyers are beating the Devils.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

@Cotton, your fellow Leafs fan told me that stats of that kind mean nothing unless one shows what was the record when a given game was played.
Aka, what teams you define as having now X points percentage, might have had a much different points percentage when the Bruins played them.
So, unless you bring for each team and each & every game what was their points percentage, your argument is invalid.
Correct, @Cotton?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Someone actually needs to lock this thread, the smugness coming from both sides is legitimately making me angry that anyone could have their head so far up their own ass on a ****ing hockey forum.

Y’all probably like to smell your own farts

It was a fine thread that got stupid when certain dopes started posting and derailing it, now it's a tire fire. Could of been avoided had a mod taken care of it when it got off track, as I f***ing asked them to do which was ignored.

So blame the fart smelling mods who felt the tire fire was too amusing to do something about all the OT bs that led us here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad