The Atlantic Division

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That may have been the worst collapse in recent memory. It turned that Chicago team into a multiple cup winner and therefore more than a footnote in hockey history, and also catapulted the legend of Kane, Toews and Keith, and it turned that Boston team into a mere footnote among a list of cup winners on par with other forgotten one time winners with no actual superstars.

You do realize even if they won there was a game 7 they still had to play in Chicago, yes? I know you may not be familiar with how the play-offs work and all as a Toronto fan.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You guys pissed away the cup in under 1:30 minutes. I guess you really do live to beat the Leafs. Must be nice. :popcorn::laugh:

Had the Bruins won the cup that year, they would've been a dynasty. Had the Leafs won that playoff series that season, we would still be mediocre. I think we've done well for ourselves. :D

So had the Bruins won the game, they would have won the series 3 games to 3 and lifted the Cup that night?

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Not with that D.

Jeez our D isn't even that bad. 4th in the league in goal differential and literally everything else is either at league average or better. If Pittsburgh can win with the D they had last year, im not to worried (in before Pittsburgh has Malkin, Crosby, Kessel)

Reactions: Marner

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Except you don't know what's going to happen next year when you do collapse. What you're saying is with hindsight which I hopefully don't have to explain why that is bad logic.

Well, when we’re judging anything from 2010 in 2018 it’s going to be hindsight. Boston more than made up for that choke job.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
2013 vs Chicago was more devastating for that Boston team’s legacy.

I blame kaspars daugavens mostly... Auxillary blame to Chiarelli for having awful awful drafting resulting in us using kaspars daugavens.....

And if you think kaspars daugavens destroyed the legacy you must think the leafs at least have 0 legacy and should be regarded as bottom feeders for that entire timespan as well.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Reactions: bionic

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Leafs aren't the ones with 2 rookies in their top-4 and two slugs like miller and mcquaid in the lineup.

Miller is actually really solid

Same physicality as his first few years, just much better skater this year

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Man, for a team that hasn't won a play-off series in thirteen years, or a cup in over 50, the Leaf fans can really talk some ****. This is what it will be like when the Cleveland Browns actually become good.
And arrogant bruins fans like yourself stick their nose up to the rest of the league (esp the leafs for no reason?) and love to run their mouth. works both ways, go enjoy some chowder,

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Miller is actually really solid

Same physicality as his first few years, just much better skater this year
Sorry are you the same guy who said the Leafs always give up leads or collapse in the third? Leafs 22-1 after leading after 2. I'll take whatever you say with a grain of salt

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Sorry are you the same guy who said the Leafs always give up leads or collapse in the third? Leafs 22-1 after leading after 2. I'll take whatever you say with a grain of salt

[mod]

You kind of left out the OTL column there too, but its ok

Three of four games in a row less than a month ago with blown leads in the 3rd

Last edited by a moderator:

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
[mod]

Hahahahahah otl column with like 3-4 losses? Still cant realize the fact that you were disgustingly wrong eh, denial at its finest. Look at the leafs record this year when leading after 1, and 2. Pls just post it for me so u can see it for yourself. again, ill take what you say with a grain of salt. [mod]

BTW: taken from other thread.

Torontos record:

Scoring First
28-5-3

when After 1 ...
Lead
21-3-0

when After 2 ...
Lead
22-1-2

Damn team just cant hold a lead.

get. rekt. Pls give me more useless factless opinions so I can destroy them.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
[mod]

What's your point? Never seen a team have a bad stretch of 3-4 games before?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hahahahahah otl column with like 3-4 losses? Still cant realize the fact that you were disgustingly wrong eh, denial at its finest. Look at the leafs record this year when leading after 1, and 2. Pls just post it for me so u can see it for yourself. again, ill take what you say with a grain of salt.

Again [mod]

Find the post where I said you guys "always collapse in the third" or "blow a ton of games late". I referenced that 4 games stretch and thats it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad