OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have wanted to but I just don't know if I will ever find the time. I still have a few games to finish and a few others that I need to start. :(

It's def very time consuming. They basically took the regular world of Hyrule and blew up the size like two times, and the amount of items and weapons you can get are unreal. Also added a lot of character plot, and really did a great job with some of the story, imo. They also added a lot more side-quests, and you can even download an expansion pack which gives you more story and items to find.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I want the latest SimCity, running offline, all patched up with full size cities that are 4-5 times the current size (bigger even). Keep the specializations but make them less obtrusive. I shouldn't need to take up half my city to conduct trade or have 20% taken up by an arena. More realistic basically.

I've completely given up on EA NHL ever getting close to where it needs to be regarding AI and gameplay.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I want the latest SimCity, running offline, all patched up with full size cities that are 4-5 times the current size (bigger even). Keep the specializations but make them less obtrusive. I shouldn't need to take up half my city to conduct trade or have 20% taken up by an arena. More realistic basically.

I've completely given up on EA NHL ever getting close to where it needs to be regarding AI and gameplay.

You try the Cities XL series? There's also a version on XB1.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Been playing the new Zelda. Think it has to be one of the best Zelda games. Really hooked on it. Anybody playing or has played?

I've played it a fair amount and finished the divine beasts but am not ready to face ganon yet. While it's been really good up to that point I haven't played in a while as I didn't want to spend time just searching for better armor and all the stuff I need to enhance it. I'll check out the new dlc when I can.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've played it a fair amount and finished the divine beasts but am not ready to face ganon yet. While it's been really good up to that point I haven't played in a while as I didn't want to spend time just searching for better armor and all the stuff I need to enhance it. I'll check out the new dlc when I can.

I've gotten two of the divine beast about to take on the divine beast with Teba from Rito village. I already got the master sword and have been going after guardians and getting the ancient parts to get the Ancient weapons and armor. Also been trying to mine the precious stones. There is just so much going on, it kind of distracts you from the main missions but that is cool. Been also hitting a lot of the shrines as well. Building up my heart containers and stamina vessels.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Been playing the new Zelda. Think it has to be one of the best Zelda games. Really hooked on it. Anybody playing or has played?

Played it and finished it a while back, it nudges out LttP as my all time favorite Zelda game, despite the fact that I died at least a dozen times before getting off of the first plateau :laugh:

I had more fun going through most of the shrines than I have playing most other games.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Played it and finished it a while back, it nudges out LttP as my all time favorite Zelda game, despite the fact that I died at least a dozen times before getting off of the first plateau :laugh:

I had more fun going through most of the shrines than I have playing most other games.

LOL, yeah i died a lot also in the beginning. You really have to upgrade your armor or a couple of bad whacks from enemies and you are dead. Lol.

I also like the characters like the Zora dude, and Goron dude. Although the Rito guy is kinda stuck up. :laugh: Have not even gone to the desert yet.

It's cool that you have to carefully manage your weapons and shields. Makes it more challenging, but I wanted to get the Master Sword early, and even that runs out.

I also agree about the shrines, they are fun to play though, especially the ones that you have to do something to open them or get to them.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're in for a treat.

Sweet can't wait! I kinda jumped ahead a little and got the Master Sword before heading to Rito Village and beating the Rito divine beast. Sword is great to have, which works wonders against Guardians and the Ganon bosses. Problem was I had to find a lot of shrines to get my hearts up to a certain amount in order to pull the sword out of the stone, but was worth it, have a stronger Link now, and am able to beat enemies easier now.

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
Just don't do what I did and get the Hyrule Shield and practice parrying the guardian beams. My shield shattered after a while and I am not doing the quest to get it fixed.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Anyone planning on getting the new Madden or starting a franchise mode make sure you turn the injury slider down, because the preset 50 slider is a joke. Eli, OBJ, Collins, Coleman all with non contact/light contact injuries in two games.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Switch

OH. That was supposed to be super fun. I really need to get a switch. I suppose after I finish FF XII or something. Also need to get a new PS4 as mine is out of memory and really starting to get sluggish.

Wondering if I should wait until the holidays or not to see if the price drops. I kind of want to get them both at the same time.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Curious about the Switch AND the PS4 (with friends on both, really want Persona 5 but also would love BOTW and some other Switch games) but I think i'm going to commit to building a new PC.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
OH. That was supposed to be super fun. I really need to get a switch. I suppose after I finish FF XII or something. Also need to get a new PS4 as mine is out of memory and really starting to get sluggish.

Wondering if I should wait until the holidays or not to see if the price drops. I kind of want to get them both at the same time.

I have a barely used PS4 Slim that I'd sell. By barely used, I mean I've probably only used it 5 or 6 times for MLB.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

You can attach an external hard drive to your PS4 if you're out of memory. Or, you can install a larger hard drive than what you currently have on your PS4. You can google instructions on how to do it because it involves backing up save data before the swap and then re-installing games/downloading updates once the new drive is in. I upgraded the hard drive on my PS4 back in January. I think I got a 2TB drive in there now.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have a launch PS4 I am running into the ground

I need to buy a cheap external hard drive for it

I bought the Return to Arkham collection Sunday on a whim, and just beat Arkham Asylum for the first time in like 5 years

Excited to get into Arkham City, much better game than Asylum

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Second best Zelda game after Majora's Mask, with Twilight Princess closely behind it.

Yeah, BOTW was/is incredible. I just wanna play Mario Odyssey now. And then Metroid Prime 4, been waiting a decade for that ****ing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad