OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Contracts are meaningless. In be a pro I'd want the cheapest contact possible so my team can get better players under the cap. I'd rather they add choices that impact the actual game. Do you want to be a good player the fans adore or a great player the fans want to trade for picks and prospects?

In BAP? I mean you don't really get to control that a whole lotIIRC but I usually have my guy take a paycut if the Rangers offer him a deal

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hope you cleared your schedule.

How far in are you?
I am level 14 and roughly almost done with Velen. Finished Baron/Ciri quests and majority of side quests/contracts/locations (have a few more treasure hunts and locals to get). About to move onto Novigrad main/side quests. Still need to do some Gwent too; soothsayer is a pain.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Anybody played and would recommend Dishonored 2? It's on sale at the mo on the UK PSN.

I played and enjoyed (to a degree) the first one.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I am level 14 and roughly almost done with Velen. Finished Baron/Ciri quests and majority of side quests/contracts/locations (have a few more treasure hunts and locals to get). About to move onto Novigrad main/side quests. Still need to do some Gwent too; soothsayer is a pain.

I completely ignored Gwent lol.

Novigrad is f***ing awesome though. I wasted so much time in that city.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I bought Witcher 3 the day it came out, and played about 15 hours or so of it

I dumped 300+ hours into Skyrim when I was in high school, but I don't have the time to do the same for the Witcher now a days

Haven't gone back to it since

Gwent was a lot of fun though, I played the standalone game they released of it a couple times

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Finally got around to Witcher 3 (after getting GOTY for $20) and omg it's amazing
Really? I got it when it first came out and could never get into it. It really bothered me because everyone was talking about how great it was... I didn't play the first games and the lore overwhelmed me then the combat was pretty complicated too.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Really? I got it when it first came out and could never get into it. It really bothered me because everyone was talking about how great it was... I didn't play the first games and the lore overwhelmed me then the combat was pretty complicated too.
The lore is definitely overwhelming if you didn't play the first two games.

In fact, you probably don't need to play the first one. The second one has a "previously on..." video in the beginning that does a pretty good job of summarizing the first game.

Combat isn't too bad depending on what build you're moving towards, since no matter what, you will become sufficiently OP later in the game anyway. I'm doing an alchemy heavy build, so I literally just chug potions, jump around behind people, and kill them. All after chucking bombs into the group of mobs to weaken them first.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The lore is definitely overwhelming if you didn't play the first two games.

In fact, you probably don't need to play the first one. The second one has a "previously on..." video in the beginning that does a pretty good job of summarizing the first game.

Combat isn't too bad depending on what build you're moving towards, since no matter what, you will become sufficiently OP later in the game anyway. I'm doing an alchemy heavy build, so I literally just chug potions, jump around behind people, and kill them. All after chucking bombs into the group of mobs to weaken them first.
Yea I much rather play games with less complications in the combat like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I don't want to be juggling potions, special oils, bombs, and crafting everything.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I caved and got NHL 18, half off on Black Friday, and my god these player ratings are a joke. Across the league just pathetic. Idk why I expect more from EA year after year they disappoint I guess as long as their cash cow madden is doing well thats all that matters to them.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I caved and got NHL 18, half off on Black Friday, and my god these player ratings are a joke. Across the league just pathetic. Idk why I expect more from EA year after year they disappoint I guess as long as their cash cow madden is doing well thats all that matters to them.

Out of curiosity, which player ratings stood out to you as being FUBAR?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Out of curiosity, which player ratings stood out to you as being FUBAR?
I changed a lot of ratings so I don't remember exactly but the one I remember specifically is Kreider being an 83 overall with an 87 Acceleration and 89 speed. Nash is also an 83. Also little shit that pisses me off is Grabner and Fast being listed as snipers...

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I almost always change player ratings anyway.

I just wish they allowed for more customization - the ability to change the features of players without real faces, the ability to edit heights/weights, the ability to create custom goalie masks, etc.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I almost always change player ratings anyway.

I just wish they allowed for more customization - the ability to change the features of players without real faces, the ability to edit heights/weights, the ability to create custom goalie masks, etc.
Yea that would be nice, if they can't get it right themselves at least let us do it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Finished Witcher 3 + DLC a few days ago. Wew that was fun.

Will give it a bit before I do NG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad