OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I've asked this so many places and never got an answer.

Hoping the HFNYR crew can help out here.

In NHL 17, is there a way to line match? You used to be able to do it in multiple older versions. If you were the home team, the game would show you the away team's lines a few seconds before the face-off so you could match. The game doesn't do it anymore on 17, and I'm not sure if I'm missing a toggle for this or what. I know EA is... special, but taking away such a simple and basic feature seems insane even for them.

Anybody know?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Hey guys,

I'm part of a EASHL team with a couple guys from this board on PS4. If you want to join PM me your PSN name and ill invite you.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
You should applaud EA for their dedicated and state of the art development of roster updates.

Or maybe someone's mama won't give them enough cash for ultimate team packs...

I applaud EA for their ability to ruin franchises and... that's about it. Can't blame them though. There's no incentive for them to innovate when they're the only show in town.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I applaud EA for their ability to ruin franchises and... that's about it. Can't blame them though. There's no incentive for them to innovate when they're the only show in town.

I can't wait for the new head gear worn by fans.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
NHL 18 has improvements, but the AI for EASHL is still as horrid as ever when it comes to skating, and defense/offensive awareness. The passing is better, but again, awareness.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

If it weren't for the great minds at EA, we wouldn't have the players who are traded late in the summer on the correct team with an unrecognizable face model and a roster profile pic with their former team's jersey.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
NHL 18 has improvements, but the AI for EASHL is still as horrid as ever when it comes to skating, and defense/offensive awareness. The passing is better, but again, awareness.

The recent EA NHL games are going to spearhead to the front of esports by allowing only one type of goal to be scored, which is whatever glitch goal is not fixed in a specific patch.

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
any No Man's Sky fans in here?

i half expected to see a few posts about what to expect in the Waking Titan update.

what are your thoughts on the game? obviously it was pretty disappointing upon release, but with the updates since, its a good game to chill out with.

NMS and NHL are basically all i play.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I tried Splatoon on the Wii U and I really wanted to like it but it just seemed a bit juvenile for me? Is it worth giving another shot?

One of the most addictive games I've ever played. I hate online games but I love Splatoon 2.

Granted, the Switch is just an amazing system in general for the pure fun factor.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
There really hasn't been gameplay or graphics innovation with the NHL series in 8 years or so.

That's absurd. I got tricked into buying it last year, never again. It's a platform to conduct micro transactions. GM mode has the same flaws it has had for a decade.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Has anyone else enjoyed Rainbow Six Siege? I've been on the fence about buying it. I know it currently has tech issues, but I heard those are being resolved/in the pipe to be resolved.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Any one else playing the NHL 18 beta? I don't know if I like the 3v3 Wayne Gretzky/NFL blitz format or not.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Excuse me sir...

Money + Game cards at 7-11 = skill

:laugh: yeah I remember hearing a story from my friend when he was on HUT in 17 that a kid's mom started yelling at him with an open mic so he heard the whole thing and about spending 70 dollars in micros in 2 hours. I never purchased anything from hut. Just beat people who have cookie cutter packages they bought with real money. And then they get mad when they lose to you

Rainbow Six is good despite its issues. If you're looking for a really good shooter definitely try Squad

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Played the NHL 18 beta.

Already uninstalled it. Found everything to be sluggish. I felt like I was doing things in slow motion, guys turned like they were huge ships out on the ocean, etc.

I almost always tweak the the settings, so I don't know if it just needs some tweaking on my end.

Chris Kreider has a face model now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Played the NHL 18 beta.

Already uninstalled it. Found everything to be sluggish. I felt like I was doing things in slow motion, guys turned like they were huge ships out on the ocean, etc.

I almost always tweak the the settings, so I don't know if it just needs some tweaking on my end.

Chris Kreider has a face model now.

Was there any preview into GM mode in the beta?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Been playing the new Zelda. Think it has to be one of the best Zelda games. Really hooked on it. Anybody playing or has played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad