silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
giphy.gif

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Smith is a left-handed RD. That's natural for him.
I mean he played LD in college, and he looked better this season at LD than at RD. Someone did work a while back showing that L-R pairings are more efficient than playing someone on their off side. If we don't have to do it, I'd prefer not to. If it's our only option, then fine, play Smith at RD

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I mean he played LD in college, and he looked better this season at LD than at RD. Someone did work a while back showing that L-R pairings are more efficient than playing someone on their off side. If we don't have to do it, I'd prefer not to. If it's our only option, then fine, play Smith at RD
It's not our only option. We could buyout Staal, trade Smith at 50% retained and sign...

NAKLADAL

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Nakladal
Kid1 - Kid2
Franson

Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddd

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's not our only option. We could buyout Staal, trade Smith at 50% retained and sign...

NAKLADAL

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Nakladal
Kid1 - Kid2
Franson

Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddd
Do I tell you that he's had a good year in the KHL, or just it go so we don't have to see Nakladal posts all offseason again like it's 2015? :D

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
FWIW I think Miller has an excellent shot.

The problem is he uses it once a week, or at least that was the problem under AV.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dude is a god damn enigma. His shot is average and he's constantly at the top of the league in Sh% and shooting lift (G - xG). I don't ****ing get it.

Maybe his shot isn't average. Maybe I suck.

Hockey is dumb.
I've come to terms with the fact that hockey is chaotic and some things are just unexplainable. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Reactions: silverfish

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Was f***ing around on CapFriendly and holy shit this team can definitely compete next year if we're just smart. I'm talking like, buyout Staal and add JvR level moves if we are smart. We'll need Chytil and Andersson to both be members of the team.

But it was basically like... buyout Staal, trade Spooner for Klefbom, sign JvR, sign Schaller.

KZB
JvR - Hayes - Zucc
Chytil - Namestnikov - Andersson
who cares - Schaller - Fast

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Gilly - Pionk
Kampfer/ADA

Hank
Georgiev

It's cap compliant. The defense should hold up, even though it's not 'traditional'. F depth is an issue if LA or FC can't compete, but how hard is it to find a 3W if that happens? Not hard.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Dude is a god damn enigma. His shot is average and he's constantly at the top of the league in Sh% and shooting lift (G - xG). I don't ****ing get it.

Maybe his shot isn't average. Maybe I suck.

Hockey is dumb.

He almost never seems to score on a straight up shot. He went from one skilled passing team to another. He does a good job getting tap in goals.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Was ****ing around on CapFriendly and holy **** this team can definitely compete next year if we're just smart. I'm talking like, buyout Staal and add JvR level moves if we are smart. We'll need Chytil and Andersson to both be members of the team.

But it was basically like... buyout Staal, trade Spooner for Klefbom, sign JvR, sign Schaller.

KZB
JvR - Hayes - Zucc
Chytil - Namestnikov - Andersson
who cares - Schaller - Fast

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Gilly - Pionk
Kampfer/ADA

Hank
Georgiev

It's cap compliant. The defense should hold up, even though it's not 'traditional'. F depth is an issue if LA or FC can't compete, but how hard is it to find a 3W if that happens? Not hard.
Getting Klefbom would be priority #1 for me in a situation where the Rangers are looking to compete next season. Selling high on Spooner would be quality stuff from Gorton, and if you could somehow get Klefbom in a deal for him, even better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider has 20 assists in 50 games. 82 game pace of 32. Previous career high is 25.

Is this an aberration, or can we expect this going forward now that Kreider is finally playing with a goal-scoring center for the first time? (no offense, Derek)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Me: Saturday, 9am, begin scraping 1516 season in preparation of attempting to build xG model
Also me: Might throw MONEYBALL on in the background

This is an okay life, but kinda sad. Would be cool if this was what I was doing for a job and not for fun.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Kreider has 20 assists in 50 games. 82 game pace of 32. Previous career high is 25.

Is this an aberration, or can we expect this going forward now that Kreider is finally playing with a goal-scoring center for the first time? (no offense, Derek)
6 of them are from the last 5 games. 9 in 12 since he came back.

So, that's 11 in the 38 games before injury.

This recent run of assists seems like too small of a sample size. Or anything, for that matter, regarding the performance of KZF.

In the beginning of the season, he did have a 15 game stretch with 0 assists (and 5 goals) which did seem kind of irregular for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad