Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
jLx9DBt.png

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Dude is a god damn enigma. His shot is average and he's constantly at the top of the league in Sh% and shooting lift (G - xG). I don't ****ing get it.

Maybe his shot isn't average. Maybe I suck.

Hockey is dumb.
I'm still kinda miffed that we traded him because I honestly thought he would've done better under a different coach. C'est la vie. I think Namestnikov will fare better as well once we stop trying to force him into being a C when he's a LW. We need better C depth next season, and I'm not holding my breath that Chytil and Andersson will fill that void.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm still kinda miffed that we traded him because I honestly thought he would've done better under a different coach. C'est la vie. I think Namestnikov will fare better as well once we stop trying to force him into being a C when he's a LW. We need better C depth next season, and I'm not holding my breath that Chytil and Andersson will fill that void.
I still think moving him was the right call, operating under the assumption he'll be signed to a deal that's roughly 5 years in length and $25+ in total money. I have my suspicions he keeps this production going.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I still think moving him was the right call, operating under the assumption he'll be signed to a deal that's roughly 5 years in length and $25+ in total money. I have my suspicions he keeps this production going.
Probably, but I guess it depends on what happens with Vlad and Spooner. I'm also hesitant and a bit skeptical about the whole character issues narrative. I'm just frustrated because he fits the identity for the type of team I'd want to build, which is a bigger, fast north-south team. Can you tell that I have an American bias? :laugh:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Probably, but I guess it depends on what happens with Vlad and Spooner. I'm also hesitant and a bit skeptical about the whole character issues narrative. I'm just frustrated because he fits the identity for the type of team I'd want to build, which is a bigger, fast north-south team. Can you tell that I have an American bias? :laugh:
I seriously doubt both Vlad and Spoon are here next season. One of these guys should be traded for Klefbom, or in a similar "hockey deal" for an LD. I also don't really see either of them signing for an AAV north of $4m.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I seriously doubt both Vlad and Spoon are here next season. One of these guys should be traded for Klefbom, or in a similar "hockey deal" for an LD. I also don't really see either of them signing for an AAV north of $4m.
A move for Klefbom is so goddamn obvious that it hurts. It's basically a wash age-wise and money-wise too consider the contract we'd be offering one of those kids. We don't have an LD pressing for another year or two anyways and it gives them a cushion to move Staal down the road. A top-4 of Klefbom-Shattenkirk and Skjei-ADA is nice.

The only thing that sucks is figuring out what to do with Staal and Smith.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Build a time machine?

EDIT - I still think Smith is servicable. We just need a new ****ing coach

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Kid 1 - Kid 2
Franson
Eh, I'd really rather go L-R with the pairings. I guess we'll see what happens in the offseason.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Eh, I'd really rather go L-R with the pairings. I guess we'll see what happens in the offseason.
I really don't see a way we get rid of Smith, though, without retaining heavily. It was a dumb contract when we signed him, but we signed him. In reality, I don't think he was as bad as people like to remember him being this year. And this "fight" with Vinni in Hartford isn't doing him any favors. But I'd much rather try and put him in a position to succeed than spend $3m AAV on the cap having him play in the AHL.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I really don't see a way we get rid of Smith, though, without retaining heavily. It was a dumb contract when we signed him, but we signed him. In reality, I don't think he was as bad as people like to remember him being this year. And this "fight" with Vinni in Hartford isn't doing him any favors. But I'd much rather try and put him in a position to succeed than spend $3m AAV on the cap having him play in the AHL.
Why is fight in quotations? Are you calling into question the legitimacy of the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad