NHL Entry Draft The 2023-24 Tank Command Thread

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
We are two wins (sharks and hawks) from being last in the league before Christmas.

This team sucks.

Reactions: Alex1234

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Trade Norris for Andersson from Calgary once they get rid of Lindholm.
Draft Celebrini
????
unparalleled success

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
xxxxx-Pinto-Batherson
Celebrini-Greig-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-Crookshank

Chabot-Andersson
Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Klevin

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
I will preface this by saying I think we should keep Claude Giroux. However, I will not be surprised if he asks to be traded to a contender. Question is what is his value? I believe he is worth a late 1st rd pick. It would be great to have 3 1st rd picks this year to restock our prospect pool.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I like our Cs but they definitely aren't of the big strong variety.

Norris looks like he's getting back to form. I'd say keep him but buff the wings.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I was fully on board with the tank in previous years, but no one should be cheering for it now.

If this team finishes this low in the standings at the end of the year it will mean the core needs to be blown up and there's no hope for next season.

I'm sure we'll end up climbing back to around 10th by the end of the year, but unlike previous years I'll be all for it.

Reactions: Relapsing

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I was fully on board with the tank in previous years, but no one should be cheering for it now.

If this team finishes this low in the standings at the end of the year it will mean the core needs to be blown up and there's no hope for next season.

I'm sure we'll end up climbing back to around 10th by the end of the year, but unlike previous years I'll be all for it.
We would be well served by another year of top picks since we blew the last few years of 1st rounders.

Imagine getting another Stutzle or Sanderson this year? We can then get new coaching in place for next year as well as a new GM to make some roster adjustments to improve things for the future.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We would be well served by another year of top picks since we blew the last few years of 1st rounders.

Imagine getting another Stutzle or Sanderson this year? We can then get new coaching in place for next year as well as a new GM to make some roster adjustments to improve things for the future.

I don't think there's a Stutzle level prospect outside of Celebrini.

And if we want a Sanderson level prospect we'll have to finish bottom 3 or bottom 5, which the team just isn't going to do.

We're one of the biggest underachieving teams I can think of in recent years, but there's just too much talent on this team to be that bad over 82 games.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I think a major issue is our dmen. They are soft, don't hit anyone or make life miserable around our net. We need to get two more physical dmen who are really big, mobile, can fight, and love hitting opposing players, or at the very least be able to out muscle the forwards on other teams because that's what the job entails. There are too many teams that run around in our zone untouched. The front of our net is too comfortable a place right now. And the dmen we do keep on this team need a refresher course on techniques to handle opposing players sticks and bodies. We need to get mean, fat, and uglier back there. Too often after a goal is scored I see the other teams forwards standing up in the goal crease area. They need to be knocked on their asses.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I think a major issue is our dmen. They are soft, don't hit anyone or make life miserable around our net. We need to get two more physical dmen who are really big, mobile, can fight, and love hitting opposing players, or at the very least be able to out muscle the forwards on other teams because that's what the job entails. There are too many teams that run around in our zone untouched. The front of our net is too comfortable a place right now. And the dmen we do keep on this team need a refresher course on techniques to handle opposing players sticks and bodies. We need to get mean, fat, and uglier back there. Too often after a goal is scored I see the other teams forwards standing up in the goal crease area. They need to be knocked on their asses.
Zadorov as a UFA and trade Chabot for a RHD defensive D equivalent if possible.

It's not that I want to lose, but we're effectively eliminated from the playoffs now so I feel that the best path forward for the future is another high pick.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Zadorov as a UFA and trade Chabot for a RHD defensive D equivalent if possible.

It's not that I want to lose, but we're effectively eliminated from the playoffs now so I feel that the best path forward for the future is another high pick.
Trade Branny for a pick. Bring up Kleven and let Martin and Co. develop him.

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tank talk doesn't quite feel the same as it did a 3-4 years ago.
This team won't tank, There will be some roster decisions made at the deadline but not in the spirit of improving draft position

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Celebrini or the huge Defenseman
They need a game changer
Minor tweaks here and there won't make them go from basement to PO

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We're getting Cellibrini

No we're going to go on a late season run, finish in the 8-10 range, and then our scouting staff is going to overthink it as usual and overdraft some poor kid that won't live up to the expectations of his draft position.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1704606917975.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad