WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
It's time.

1703220745273.png

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yes, the season is over for the Ottawa Senators. I doubt we end up with a top-five pick when all is said and done. I get people are angry and frustrated, but this team has a lot of good and will have a high pick this year + whatever we get for Kubalik and Tarasenko. We will also have a lot of extra cap space and Pinto back next year, along with a full offseason with a new coach. We are still in a good position to be a successful team. We need our new GM to fill out this roster properly and cut the dead, useless weight.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Yes, the season is over for the Ottawa Senators. I doubt we end up with a top-five pick when all is said and done. I get people are angry and frustrated, but this team has a lot of good and will have a high pick this year + whatever we get for Kubalik and Tarasenko. We will also have a lot of extra cap space and Pinto back next year, along with a full offseason with a new coach. We are still in a good position to be a successful team. We need our new GM to fill out this roster properly and cut the dead, useless weight.

Agreed, I think there's a good possibility a big piece might get moved this offseason.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Agreed, I think there's a good possibility a big piece might get moved this offseason.
I doubt no one will pay a premium for Norris; Batherson has a great contract; we aren't trading Brady; and you are smoking crack if you think we are trading Timmy or Sanderson. Maybe Chabot? but again, you're likely selling low. There is no need for a knee-jerk move because of this hiroshima of a season. I think it's more likely Pinto or Greig will get moved if there is a move, because that's where you'd have the most value to get a return for help.

Reactions: PierresGabriels

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I doubt no one will pay a premium for Norris; Batherson has a great contract; we aren't trading Brady; and you are smoking crack if you think we are trading Timmy or Sanderson. Maybe Chabot? but again, you're likely selling low. There is no need for a knee-jerk move because of this hiroshima of a season. I think it's more likely Pinto or Greig will get moved if there is a move, because that's where you'd have the most value to get a return for help.

In today's NHL with the demand for defensemen I don't think you ever sell low on a guy who can play 25+ minutes a night a puts up 40+ points.

His value would be high and the interest would drive up the price.

Issue with trading Chabot is you need to get another defensemen who's arguably just as good or effective and that can play the right side. That's almost impossible to find. Also if you trade Chabot you need to be sure Chychrun is locked up or a deal is already in the works.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
In today's NHL with the demand for defensemen I don't think you ever sell low on a guy who can play 25+ minutes a night a puts up 40+ points.

His value would be high and the interest would drive up the price.

Issue with trading Chabot is you need to get another defensemen who's arguably just as good or effective and that can play the right side. That's almost impossible to find. Also if you trade Chabot you need to be sure Chychrun is locked up or a deal is already in the works.
Injury history and shaky play this season and last season, with him locked up to a hefty price tag for six more years or whatever it is remaining, will likely limit his value. You will also have to pay salary on a trade for Chabot. I am not opposed to trading him in a trade that makes sense and makes the team better. I am opposed to making a knee-jerk reaction trade because this season is what I am saying.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Injury history and shaky play this season and last season, with him locked up to a hefty price tag for six more years or whatever it is remaining, will likely limit his value. You will also have to pay salary on a trade for Chabot. I am not opposed to trading him in a trade that makes sense and makes the team better. I am opposed to making a knee-jerk reaction trade because this season is what I am saying.

Agreed!

I would add a RD who can play 20ish minutes of real stable defense and then I would try to add two forward who can forecheck heavily and play relentless.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Agreed!

I would add a RD who can play 20ish minutes of real stable defense and then I would try to add two forward who can forecheck heavily and play relentless.
If there is a trade that works, of course, I think everyone would do that. I think when Chabot comes back, we will use the rest of this season to decide who we need to keep and what pieces we need to add. This season is lost; we are now just using it to assess and plan for the future.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
We will play our way out of a top pick, right to wherever the talent drops off. That's Senators hockey.

Absolutely, I've already accepted that we're going on a 10 game winning streak from February to March when the pressure is off. It's what we do every year and completely ruin our draft pick.

Very bad for the health of our franchise doing that year after year.

Reactions: Samboni

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Sounds like you could of written this last year or the year before or the year before that.

NEED A GOALIE. NOTHING ELSE
MATTERS UNTIL WE HAVE NHL GOALTENDING

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Is it possible for both good habits to be built by this interim coaching staff, yet still be rewarded with a top 3 draft pick for this lost season?

That would be my preference…..

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sounds like you could of written this last year or the year before or the year before that.

NEED A GOALIE. NOTHING ELSE
MATTERS UNTIL WE HAVE NHL GOALTENDING
This team is still in a good position to be successful. Yes we need to get some goaltending.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I hate to say this as I love the kids on this team, but something or someone on the team may be causing a sour note. There is so much talent on this team and for whatever reason it's not gelling. Maybe off-ice there is a strong glue, but on-ice performance, there is no cohesiveness to make this team a winner. So disappointing every night. And I have a 16-year-old boy who is dying to see one playoff game and he thought this was the year. He is distraught too.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
They are 12th in league in GF/G
Thats high mid-range offensive talent
Let’s not talk about defensive talent
It’s not like they were bleeding goals but lighting up the other goalies
Regular roster with weak weak mental
And now from not accessing problems at the beginning cuz schedule lol they have destroyed their goaltenders confidence completely
Mud range Offensive talent is NOT NHL talent
That roster is disgutingly assembled
Thats a given when you know who patented it
They should enjoy all those losses playing together cuz when management gets tired of these clowns they are going to fire them to the sun

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This team is still in a good position to be successful. Yes we need to get some goaltending.

I think we are a lot closer then what I’m reading today.

Last nights game I thought Ottawa did of good things and I like how they outplayed Colorado for large parts of the game.

But the big saves don’t cover up for the soft ones. Could it of been 10a-4, yes, but George’s also he some huge savese - Korpisalo is bad

Love Greig, Sandy, Brady and Bath last night lots to like if they could get some saves

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad