NHL Entry Draft The 2023-24 Tank Command Thread

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd say we finish bottom six. I really doubt if we are better than seven other teams, let alone 9 other teams.

Just curious which teams that are currently above us in the standings do you see us passing? Its just for fun btw - doesn't matter much one way or another.

I'll use an example. We are 30th in the standings (using TSN site), while Columbus is 28th. We have 5 games in hand over the CBJ. CBJ has 35 points while the Senators have 28. I suppose the thinking is that the games-in-hand could result in us getting past CBJ. But, is it "games-at-hand" versus "losses-at-hand"? You could apply this principle or question to other teams ahead of us as well.
I just feel we'll go on a random heater towards the end of the season. Maybe Buffalo and MTL find a way to get below us

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I hope that with interim coaches and mid-season GM the emphasis will be on process and playing the right way regardless of the short term results.

There is no pressure to win at any cost to save your job.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I just feel we'll go on a random heater towards the end of the season. Maybe Buffalo and MTL find a way to get below us
Well, that's what's happened in previous years, so I get where that's coming from.

Right now, only San Jose, Chicago, and Anaheim are below us in the standings.

Even if we win all our games-in-hand against Buffalo, we would be tied with them.

If we win all of our games-in-hand against Montreal, they'd still be 3 points ahead of us.

I'm just guessing for fun, but I'd guess if we win more (percentage) games than we have been so far this season, we will end up at 5 or 6 seeds below the very bottom of the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's too much talent in the lineup imo to expect anything else.

This team has shown it can play at a high level, just not on a consistent basis.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope that with interim coaches and mid-season GM the emphasis will be on process and playing the right way regardless of the short term results.

There is no pressure to win at any cost to save your job.
I think that's the plan .. stick with the process. Try to cut down on the mistakes.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
There's too much talent in the lineup imo to expect anything else.

This team has shown it can play at a high level, just not on a consistent basis.

Timmy is a point a game player and fans are acting like he’s doing a Bill Muckalt.

Need a goalie, get us a goalie and let’s see what this team does with a touch of confidence

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Timmy is a point a game player and fans are acting like he’s doing a Bill Muckalt.

Need a goalie, get us a goalie and let’s see what this team does with a touch of confidence

None of your reply is really relevant to my post you quoted, but... he has been on the PP, he leads the team in PP Toi at 142 mins, 3:44 a game, and zero goals.

Our goalies aren't why the PP is clicking at 16%, it's our star players not getting the job done.

How about instead of getting a goalie to get our team some confidence, they team stop hanging the goalie out to dry to give the goalie some confidence? Doesn't matter who's in net if we're going to give up chances that make the SJ sharks of all teams look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Goaltending has absolutely been a problem, but the team in front of the goalie needs to get addressed first, because any goalie we bring in will crack if we keep playing the way we have. Address the fundamentals, after that we can look at upgrading the weak spots in the lineup.

Reactions: LiseL and Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
None of your reply is really relevant to my post you quoted, but... he has been on the PP, he leads the team in PP Toi at 142 mins, 3:44 a game, and zero goals.

Our goalies aren't why the PP is clicking at 16%, it's our star players not getting the job done.

How about instead of getting a goalie to get our team some confidence, they team stop hanging the goalie out to dry to give the goalie some confidence? Doesn't matter who's in net if we're going to give up chances that make the SJ sharks of all teams look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Goaltending has absolutely been a problem, but the team in front of the goalie needs to get addressed first, because any goalie we bring in will crack if we keep playing the way we have. Address the fundamentals, after that we can look at upgrading the weak spots in the lineup.

It is relevant because you can’t be consistent with bad goaltending.

Sure, we can snap our fingers and pretend this team can just learn a winning system in 2 weeks. Or we as fans can ask for the obvious fix which is find the team a goalie who can hold them in games when they aren’t at their best and are learning.

st louis goes for worst to first and it was because of Binnington. Ottawa season is true da round because of Andrew Hammond, the Hamburglar run. Mike Condon save Ottawa season - all bad teams saved by Execellent goaltending

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It is relevant because you can’t be consistent with bad goaltending.
Bad goaltending isn't why we turnover pucks in our end or at the blue line, bad goaltending doesn't make us give up odd man rushes, bad goalteding isn't why Stutzle released Vlasic on the back check and allowed him to score as a trailer. That's fantasy,
Sure, we can snap our fingers and pretend this team can just learn a winning system in 2 weeks. Or we as fans can ask for the obvious fix which is find the team a goalie who can hold them in games when they aren’t at their best and are learning.
Nobody said we could learn a winning system in two weeks, that's just a straw man, but we can certainly correct some of the mistakes we're making and give the current goalies a fighting chance.
st louis goes for worst to first and it was because of Binnington. Ottawa season is true da round because of Andrew Hammond, the Hamburglar run. Mike Condon save Ottawa season - all bad teams saved by Execellent goaltending
Sure, Berube had nothing to do with it. Allen had pretty much a league avg sv% before Binnington, goaltending wasn't the reason St.Blues were losing. Hot goalies can definitely win you games you don't deserve, but for sustained success, you need to address the root of the issue,

Our Special teams has been atrocious, and we hang our goalies out to dry too often. Those are things that can be addressed, and will have lasting impacts, regardless of who is in net.

Reactions: LiseL and Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bad goaltending isn't why we turnover pucks in our end or at the blue line, bad goaltending doesn't make us give up odd man rushes, bad goalteding isn't why Stutzle released Vlasic on the back check and allowed him to score as a trailer. That's fantasy,

Nobody said we could learn a winning system in two weeks, that's just a straw man, but we can certainly correct some of the mistakes we're making and give the current goalies a fighting chance.

Sure, Berube had nothing to do with it. Allen had pretty much a league avg sv% before Binnington, goaltending wasn't the reason St.Blues were losing. Hot goalies can definitely win you games you don't deserve, but for sustained success, you need to address the root of the issue,

Our Special teams has been atrocious, and we hang our goalies out to dry too often. Those are things that can be addressed, and will have lasting impacts, regardless of who is in net.

I’m on the camp of our goalies suck and I want a better goalie - our goalies have shown nothing at the NHL. To me I’m into improving the team everywhere and to me the #1 improvement needs to be these two veteran goalies

I get the play outside the blue paint is bad, but the play inside the blue paint is horrific. To the point fans are happy our started isn’t starting in place of the 3rd strong goalie.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m on the camp of our goalies suck and I want a better goalie - our goalies have shown nothing at the NHL. To me I’m into improving the team everywhere and to me the #1 improvement needs to be these two veteran goalies

I get the play outside the blue paint is bad, but the play inside the blue paint is horrific. To the point fans are happy our started isn’t starting in place of the 3rd strong goalie.

I'm sure the fans will be equally happy when Sogaard repeats last years performance of .889 sv%. No goalie will look good until we clean up the mess in front of them, how many goalies do we need to try before learning that lesson? Murray, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord, Forsberg, Talbot, Korpisalo, they've all had sub .900 seasons behind this defense. Clean up the D and our pedestrian goalies can look half decent, play like we have and we'll continue to see goalies move on to other teams and see better results there.

Reactions: LiseL and Alex1234

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Hey, which one of you texted in to TSN1200 bout 2 weeks ago.

And suggested the "play like Wennies for Celebrini"

It was brilliant

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Our tanks have gone into battle are fighting hard. Senators are currently in 3rd last place (on a point basis).

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad