Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Will Scouch (Scouching's) final rankings YouTube video. A bit of a long watch (40 mins), but he goes into some depth on every first round prospect including video and analytics. I personally agree with his evaluation methods.

Thanks for this. I will dig in this week.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm at the point where I'd be pretty ok with a large number of players at our pick as there is so much variability in the rankings this year. We just have to trust that our scouts were thorough in their evaluations and in making the list.
Agree. Also, where the Jets are picking (#17), I'd be fine with trading down, or perhaps trading up into the top 12-13.

Reactions: surixon

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
These aren't perfect (based on NHLe), but here is Jfresh's profiles for some of the Dmen mentioned in here. Let me know if you want me to post any other prospects in the draft!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Big problem with these is that the players are all in different settings. Lambos was in a very strange setting this year.
yeah, it was a weird season all around for most of these guys so I wouldn't put a ton of stock into them. It's a cool visualization though and it was included with the NHL player cards I bought access to so I figured I'd share for the guys being discussed in here!

None

Feb 22, 2012
Raty continues his fall on Bob's list. I wonder where he ends up going? Only takes one GM or scout with enough sway to pick him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agree. Also, where the Jets are picking (#17), I'd be fine with trading down, or perhaps trading up into the top 12-13.

I'd be quite fine with trading down and collecting another couple of picks. I don't have a real strong feel on this draft class so I think it may be a good idea to get a large number of prospects and hope some really take off in a normal year next season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Actually, pretty much the same as most lists. Lots of consensus in the top 12 or so.

A few notes from his show...

Big risers...

McTavish +7
Svechkov +13
Coronato +8
Othmann +9
Stankoven +17
Boucher +11

Droppers

Guenther -4
Lambos -6 (noted he's polarizing, and a medical issue)
Ceulemans -4
Chayka -7
Raty -8

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
We're a few picks down from a lot of the guys I like in the mid first round, would be nice to see someone fall.

Also a lot of smaller high scoring defense rated in the 2nd too, might be nice to trade back and grab a few.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We're a few picks down from a lot of the guys I like in the mid first round, would be nice to see someone fall.

Also a lot of smaller high scoring defense rated in the 2nd too, might be nice to trade back and grab a few.
If the Jets decide to trade Heinola as part of a package for a good RD, there are a lot of mobile, puck-moving D in this draft in the lower 1st / early 2nd.

Let's say they sign Oleksiak and trade Heinola and Copp as part of a package for a really good RD, then draft a D like Heimosalmi or Peart or Zellweger to augment the future pipeline.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
If the Jets decide to trade Heinola as part of a package for a good RD, there are a lot of mobile, puck-moving D in this draft in the lower 1st / early 2nd.

Let's say they sign Oleksiak and trade Heinola and Copp as part of a package for a really good RD, then draft a D like Heimosalmi or Peart or Zellweger to augment the future pipeline.

Definitely an opportunity to re-stock the D pipeline if someone gets moved out here I'd think yeah, Behrens in the 2nd feels a little Sam Girard-y to me.

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
I just don't see any world where Raty drops to 25-30. He's big, very fast, agile, incredible skill, big shot. I think this is a combination of bad puck luck, pressure, etc ... you watch his videos and you have to respect his game. I'd bet on his attributes alone. In a worse case scenario you have a fast skilled centre who's defensively responsible. In a best case, sky's the limit.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am a big Othmann fan so I wouldn't mind him being the guy
I like Othmann, too. He's another L winger, but he plays a very different style than most of the Jets' top 6. He is very aggressive, along with his skill. He looks like he'll play well with other skilled forwards. Gives me some Palat vibes, or maybe Gourde. A very good middle 6 forward is his ceiling, I think.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Who are you who is so wise in the ways of science?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Watching more of Zach Dean and I am a fan. I have seen some more full games of his on youtube and I think he might now be my darkhorse pick for that slot.

Hallmarks of his game:
  • He is a very quick skater, with good agility and and acceleration
  • He is a very strong stickhandler and can maintain real good control at top speeds
  • He exhibits a lot of poise with the puck in all three zones. He's very good at absorbing pressure and making the smart play in the dzone and nz (Both things we need way more of in our forwards)
  • He is a smart player that finds holes all over the ice and he goes to the tough spots and has good hands around the oppositions net
  • He is very hard on the puck and can forecheck and cycle very effectively
  • He has good vision and scoring instincts and a good shot
His stats maybe don't look like much but he was playing on a pretty offensively inept team and it took him a while to get going after coming back from a beginning of the season injury. He had 10 points in his last 8 games so was really playing good hockey down the stretch.

I don't know if the kid is going to drive a lot of offense on his own but he has the smarts, talent, and work rate to really compliment the high end skill we have here. I would liken the type of role he could fill long term is a Zach Hyman type complimentary top 6 player who can get the play moving out of his end and help push it in the right direction in the nz, while doing a lot of the digging and dirty work on the ice. His offensive IQ will allow him to get the puck to our skilled wingers in the right spots and his nose for the net and open spaces will allow him to finsih the play.

I think he would excel with Perfetti myself.

I don't know if you need to use 17 on him but if you trade back 6 spots he'd be a solid add in the mid 20's. Or if you really like him take him at 17.

Reactions: ps241

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bob says players 2 to 9 on his list are a well defined tier. They won't all go top 10, but it's unlikely any of them fall to 17 imo.

So, excluding those 9 players who are your next 8?

Here's mine...

1-Lucious
2-Lysell
3-Raty
4-Bourgault
5-Ceulemans
6-Morrow
7-Sillinger
8-Boucher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.