Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Agreed! I’d still select him and let your PR department deal with any backlash.

A few years from now with development and maturity, it will be mostly forgotten and you maybe have a pretty decent prospect in your system.
The Coyotes and Mitch Miller disagree.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Does Boston have 3 picks ahead of us that they can use to go off the board colossally? That was a rare draft.
Ehlers, Connor and Perfetti are easily my favorite three draft picks for that reason. Just watching teams ahead of us reach for questionable picks, counting down until it becomes clear that we're getting a really good player. That's actually what I'm hoping for again. I'm not expecting pick #16 to come up and waiting to see if we're picking Barzal or Connor.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Let’s trade that 1st rounder + DeMelo + for Pulock
Been a rough couple years for us Jets fans watching our once strong D be decimated. Time to get back on track for a Lord Stanley Celebration.
GO JETS GO

more rougher for some of us ..... :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist .....

G2oXYQleJSrx.gif

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I see Columbus has 3 1st rounders. I wonder if we can get one of them (maybe pick 32) for Copp if we are shopping him

I don't think we will get a 1st for Copp at the draft. Thats when a 1st round pick has the most value. Plus CBJ is basically entering a full rebuild. I don't see them moving any of those picks unless its to move up.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I don't think we will get a 1st for Copp at the draft. Thats when a 1st round pick has the most value. Plus CBJ is basically entering a full rebuild. I don't see them moving any of those picks unless its to move up.

Probably true. But being pick 32 its a borderline 2nd round pick. Thats probably Copp's value. Laine mentioned Copp by name in Columbus interviews. Then theres the Roslovic connection. Also Copp is the exact type of player that would work well in Columbus's system.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Probably true. But being pick 32 its a borderline 2nd round pick. Thats probably Copp's value. Laine mentioned Copp by name in Columbus interviews. Then theres the Roslovic connection. Also Copp is the exact type of player that would work well in Columbus's system.

The team targetting him would be NYR. Trouba/Kurt Odorfart connection (Lemieux too but he got tossed), and NYR fans are always asking what the price for Copp is.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I see Carolina Hurricanes board is now the Carolina Panthers board ......... good ole ESPN :laugh:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Total BS that the Kraken get the #2 overall pick, guess $600M US comes with privileges..

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
Listened to a podcast this morning with someone from a scouting agency that said they have 18 players with an "A" grade in this draft. Not bad when picking at 17!

He made a convincing argument for Chaz Lucius to drop a bit in the teens. There are some things there where I could see teams talking themselves out on him for safer options like Sillinger and Coronato. The two goalies and two dman in our area could go before our pick pushing a guy like Lucius our way.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
upload_2021-7-23_12-47-56.png

Ran the draft simulator this morning and these were the selections I came up with.

Did one for just the first 3 rounds and ended up with
Pinelli
Iorio
Doan

Kinda fun actually!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Having these three to pick from (from Pronman's latest mock) would be incredible, but would be even better if they traded down 3-4 spots to pick one of them (or Lysell who is mocked at 23).

upload_2021-7-23_15-16-41.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ehlers, Connor and Perfetti are easily my favorite three draft picks for that reason. Just watching teams ahead of us reach for questionable picks, counting down until it becomes clear that we're getting a really good player. That's actually what I'm hoping for again. I'm not expecting pick #16 to come up and waiting to see if we're picking Barzal or Connor.

Bingo

Those were my favorite 3 picks for the exact same reason. In all 3 cases they were clustered with a pick right before that I would have been fine with (Nylander, Barzal, Rossi/Lundell

Reactions: Gm0ney and surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille