Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bourgault scouting reports remind me of Bryan Little.

I'll be surprised if he's the pick but I won't be disappointed.

Reactions: ps241

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
Scott wheeler was on the athletic hockey show yesterday and said he expects Lucius to drop a bit. Wonder if he makes it to 17?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scott wheeler was on the athletic hockey show yesterday and said he expects Lucius to drop a bit. Wonder if he makes it to 17?
Maybe even lower...

I'm thinking the Jets might have an interest. If nothing else, I have confidence that they'll have a good scouting report on him with Max Giese focusing on the US prospect pool.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here is my weekly 'Why the Jets need to absolutely take Logan Stankoven' post, haha. Honestly, I'm even more convinced than ever now.

For those that believe in the Will Scouch (Scouching) view of analytics, he has him ranked in a cohort ranked between 12-16. Moreso, he's been placed in a group with McTavish, Svechkov, Rosen and Sillinger. In fact, HE'S amongst the HIGHEST ranked in: offensive threats created, completing dangerous passes, dangerous shot attempts. This is his write up from Scouching in June 2021:

• I absolutely adore watching Logan Stankoven. His WHL data I tracked was staggeringly good in the offensive direction, and at times even defensively. He's an exceptionally hard worker who can chain together tremendous offensive shifts and absolutely smash his enemies into the ground. I mean, the guy is #1 in offensive threat, completing dangerous passes, creating or taking shot attempts for his team, #2 in DSAT%, DSAT/60, and top 10 in the percentage of his team's shot attempts that are taken by Stankoven from danger, controlling offensive transitions, and the percentage of his passes that are dangerous. He's one of the rare players that you know exactly what you're getting every time he steps on the ice, and he will absolutely be a player that makes bigger players think twice about underrating his tenacity, strength and work rate. I could write all day about him and still have more to say, and I think he absolutely belongs as high on my list as he is here.
A recent tweet from Will Scouch: 'One game sample but hahaha logan stankoven had himself a night'

Another new nugget I found on Stankoven: In 2019/2020 season, 22 of his 29 goals were even strength despite only being 16 years old for the majority of his rookie WHL season. This is staggering. For comparison, his older and 1st round drafted teammate (Connor Zary) had 20 even strength goals as an 18 year old that same year.

Just yesterday, AMScouting released their '5 random games, all puck touches' on Logan Stankoven. They remove all bias. They simply compile every puck touch from a random 5 game randomized sample.

Check this out: If vision is our concern, I see many clever passes. Lots of lookoffs, misdirection, etc. Love his pace. Love the tenacity. To me, I SEE MUCH MORE BRAD MARCHAND (aside from the shinanagans) in his game than I see Braydin Point. I feel this 'every puck touch' compilation is a much better visual of what he actually is as a player.

ArcticIceHockey has us taking Stankoven in their Mock ;). Do you write for them:sarcasm:

Time to pump Stankoven some more :laugh:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Logan Mailloux is intriguing. Big RHD with some skills both defensively and offensively. Ranked mid-1st by HockeyProspect, and McKenzie had him at #45 in April. 17 seems a bit high, but he sees unlikely to be available at 50. Maybe an option for the Jets if they trade down in the 1st?

Interesting read in the Blackbook. They have him at 30 however. B Grade prospect.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am big fan of Vincent Iorio from Brandon in the 2nd round, really big fan if we could get him in the third. He is kind of a poor man's version of Braden Schnieder. Really solid two way guy with good size. Shuts down the opposing team and moves the puck really well. A modern day D man

What are your thoughts on Harrison as a potential second rounder?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Brennan Othmann might be the type of forward we could use more of. He seems to be a forward with some nice skill and a lot of compete. He has a real nose for the front of the net and has a real good shot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
HockeyProspect.com has Knies in their top 15. He's a big, physical skilled LW. I've liked what I've seen. Nice type to comment the Jets' skilled forwards?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
HockeyProspect.com has Knies in their top 15. He's a big, physical skilled LW. I've liked what I've seen. Nice type to comment the Jets' skilled forwards?

He would be a nice add.

Listening to Mark Edwards discuss Knies was interesting. Bobby Mac had Knives in the late 2nd round (last rankings) and Mark said his phone blew up. Mark said it’s a good example of how much more volatile this draft is going to be. It’s why I want the Jets to keep their 1st and 2nd round picks…….Drafts are always unpredictable but I think this draft could have more opportunity find gems in the first 60 picks.

That and we already only have 4 picks this draft so we need to keep them all IMO.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Wish Chevy could find a way to add at least another 2nd to give themselves 3 picks in the first 63 selections. I think looking back in a couple years we’ll find there were some pretty decent players to come out of rounds 2 and 3 .

Reactions: jgimp and MardyBum

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wish Chevy could find a way to add at least another 2nd to give themselves 3 picks in the first 63 selections. I think looking back in a couple years we’ll find there were some pretty decent players to come out of rounds 2 and 3 .

Yeah, I know we don't really do it but wouldn't mind a trade down later in the 1st if it gets us a second depending who is there.

I know some people want Cossa as the pick but if he's there and someone really wants him could be an option.

This draft is so chaotic I don't really have a guy I like that will be around our pick that I'm focusing on like Heinola in 2019 or when Perfetti fell to us.

There's going to be a lot of second rounders ending up much higher in a redraft a few years down the line.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I read that the Flyers are very open to moving the #13 overall pick. Might they have an interest in Copp as part of a deal for that #13?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I read that the Flyers are very open to moving the #13 overall pick. Might they have an interest in Copp as part of a deal for that #13?

They are in an interesting spot they are entering the last year of Couturier’s value contract. He will be 30 in the first year of his new deal that will be massive.

Reactions: surixon

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What it will look like...

cut.jpg

Reactions: Huffer and surixon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

I'd assume we would have to package our 1st in that trade. If so, with the crap shoot in this draft, probably not worth it.

If we get to keep our 1st: I would go for it. I don't know why Philly would do that though.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd assume we would have to package our 1st in that trade. If so, with the crap shoot in this draft, probably not worth it.

If we get to keep our 1st: I would go for it. I don't know why Philly would do that though.

Copp and 17 for Sanheim and 13?

Why right for Philly tho but honestly is 4 spots that different this year? Maybe we go 3rd 2022 and they throw in a 5th 2021? Difference wouldn't be that much

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Copp and 17 for Sanheim and 13?

Why right for Philly tho but honestly is 4 spots that different this year? Maybe we go 3rd 2022 and they throw in a 5th 2021? Difference wouldn't be that much

Copp and Stanley to Philly for Sanheim or Myers and 13.

I would love to do something close to these proposals. Don't know if Flyers would. Value is about right.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What it will look like...

cut.jpg

Seriously? They're doing this shit again? League should have sent out a memo... You willing to host the draft on short notice? It's yours. Get the damn teams down on the floor. Get players and family and fans in the stands. Fine, make them wear masks. Maybe insist everyone is double vaxxed. Somebody isn't allowed in? Well, tells me a lot about their views on vaxxing, and whether I want them associated with my team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seriously? They're doing this shit again? League should have sent out a memo... You willing to host the draft on short notice? It's yours. Get the damn teams down on the floor. Get players and family and fans in the stands. Fine, make them wear masks. Maybe insist everyone is double vaxxed. Somebody isn't allowed in? Well, tells me a lot about their views on vaxxing, and whether I want them associated with my team.
A player draft can be done just as easily remotely as in person. Why rush gathering large swaths of people into indoor venues? Most places don't have everything in place yet not to risk a super spreader event. Holland just saw 1000+ get Covid a concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad