Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am a big Othmann fan so I wouldn't mind him being the guy

I like Othmann, too. He's another L winger, but he plays a very different style than most of the Jets' top 6. He is very aggressive, along with his skill. He looks like he'll play well with other skilled forwards. Gives me some Palat vibes, or maybe Gourde. A very good middle 6 forward is his ceiling, I think.

He definitely could add a very different element to our top 6 one day. He's a feisty, and a good goal scorer from in close.

I would like him on the Jets. Too many scouts love his game for me to worry about his skating. I remember when Robertson from Dallas dropped to the 2nd round because scouts didn’t like his skating either. I would like to add a skilled guy that is really tough to play against like Othmann.

Reactions: Bob E and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would like him on the Jets. Too many scouts love his game for me to worry about his skating. I remember when Robertson from Dallas dropped to the 2nd round because scouts didn’t like his skating either. I would like to add a skilled guy that is really tough to play against like Othmann.

Yeah he's another one I would be happy with. Like Dean more of a complimentary offensive guy but he has a plus shot and real good hands around the net. Plus he takes it there hard. He is also a pretty smart all around player. I need to watch more video of him at the U18 as I am not sure if he has anything besides a better shot then Dean but Dean is a much better skater.

Reactions: ps241

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
If the Jets decide to trade Heinola as part of a package for a good RD, there are a lot of mobile, puck-moving D in this draft in the lower 1st / early 2nd.

Let's say they sign Oleksiak and trade Heinola and Copp as part of a package for a really good RD, then draft a D like Heimosalmi or Peart or Zellweger to augment the future pipeline.
I like that strategy.
Which D do you see us possibly getting for Copp and Heinola?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Bob says players 2 to 9 on his list are a well defined tier. They won't all go top 10, but it's unlikely any of them fall to 17 imo.

So, excluding those 9 players who are your next 8?

Here's mine...

1-Lucious
2-Lysell
3-Raty
4-Bourgault
5-Ceulemans
6-Morrow
7-Sillinger
8-Boucher

My "next 8"...

1. Lysell
2. Lucius
3. Wallstedt
4. Sillinger
5. Coronato
6. Othmann
7. Rosen
8. Lambos

Reactions: lanky and ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah he's another one I would be happy with. Like Dean more of a complimentary offensive guy but he has a plus shot and real good hands around the net. Plus he takes it there hard. He is also a pretty smart all around player. I need to watch more video of him at the U18 as I am not sure if he has anything besides a better shot then Dean but Dean is a much better skater.

Dean is a better skater and he is another guy I like.

Reactions: surixon

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Some have compared Othmann to Brendan Morrow. That works for me.

Reactions: ps241 and surixon

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
https://thehockeywriters.com/francesco-pinelli-2021-nhl-draft-profile/

2021 NHL Draft #24: Francesco Pinelli Scouting Report

I’d be thrilled if Jets selected Pinelli. If he’s still available at their pick I think teams will look back after a couple years and regret passing up on him.

I’d even trade up to #12 range to secure him as my selection. Hopefully a couple goalies drop him into our laps at 17
There are a number of prospects I'd be okay with, but not many I'd be thrilled with. Pinelli seems fine, but doesn't make me think he's a "must draft" type. Lots of similar level prospects this year in the 15-30 range.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There are a number of prospects I'd be okay with, but not many I'd be thrilled with. Pinelli seems fine, but doesn't make me think he's a "must draft" type. Lots of similar level prospects this year in the 15-30 range.

I'm more and more on the trade down band wagon to say pick up Dean in the mid 20's and another 2nd and 4th round pick.

I think I'd rather have more bullets in the gun on a draft like this.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I hope we pick Mailloux in the 5th.
He asked to not be picked, but that doesn't mean he's ineligible as far as I know. Other teams would look down on the move but F them.

Reactions: Nedarb

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Interesting that Bob only has 3 D in the top 20. Makes me wonder if someone may reach for Lambos or Cuelemans

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He asked to not be picked, but that doesn't mean he's ineligible as far as I know. Other teams would look down on the move but F them.
There's alot of teams that would like to take him. It's a weird situation and will be interesting to follow.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I am hoping we get lucky and unearth an under scouted gem in the 2nd round.

I don’t like this draft…I like it less that we only have 4 picks…….however……I am glad we are in the game at least and still have our first two rounds.

we didn’t blow a 1st on a rental.

Reactions: kellhunter

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Interesting that Bob only has 3 D in the top 20. Makes me wonder if someone may reach for Lambos or Cuelemans
I could see the Jets going after either one. Lambos might be the safer pick, all things considered.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

From what I've read, he's still eligible to be drafted. It won't happen, but I would love to see the Jets pick him just to watch the terminally woke shit their drawers and go ballistic. :popcorn:

untouchable21

Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

Agreed! I’d still select him and let your PR department deal with any backlash.

A few years from now with development and maturity, it will be mostly forgotten and you maybe have a pretty decent prospect in your system.

untouchable21

Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

Button has Ceulemans as the Jets selection in his mock draft. Both are decent prospects, but I wonder if the Jets can nab an equally effective defenseman in the 2nd like Morrow, Iorio, Ufko ,Bar, Montgomery, Schmidt or Svozil, while using the 1st on a skilled forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad