Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Two guys who remain perplexingly low on draft rankings are Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Joel Farabee.

I don't find any draft predictions that suggest those two will be overlooked when the Sharks draft.

Also seems like lots of project-type players in the later 1st round picks as predicted.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't find any draft predictions that suggest those two will be overlooked when the Sharks draft.

Also seems like lots of project-type players in the later 1st round picks as predicted.
Yeah agreed. Neither of those players go past 15 and I’ve never seen them projected past 15. The players I like in our range are Mattias Samuelsson, Bode Wilde, Jake Wise, Rasmus Kupari, Rasmus Sandin, and Jacob Olofsson. Some of those might go a little higher than us some a little lower. Wise will be a steal though in my mind.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Isles have two lottery picks and can't break into the top 10. :laugh: I don't know why that's funny.

The lottery doesn't re-shuffle everything. So they only way they "break into the top 10" is to snag one of the top 3 spots. Problem is that their two picks combined still granted them worse odds to move up than any of the top 8 teams in the lottery.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I’m glad that Dahlin isn’t going to the Senators, Coyotes, Oilers, Canadiens, Canucks, Blackhawks or Stars.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah agreed. Neither of those players go past 15 and I’ve never seen them projected past 15. The players I like in our range are Mattias Samuelsson, Bode Wilde, Jake Wise, Rasmus Kupari, Rasmus Sandin, and Jacob Olofsson. Some of those might go a little higher than us some a little lower. Wise will be a steal though in my mind.

I like Sandin and Wilde.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Yeah, I made that post when it looked like we’d be drafting around 14-16.

For the record, I’m coming around (again) on Jake Wise. His hustle and skill reminds me a lot of Travis Konecny. Not sure he’ll be as good, but definitely worth a look at ~21. Wilde I expect will definitely fall to that area due to his bad U18; I wouldn’t mind taking a chance on him due to his upside, even though he could totally bust.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I like Grigori Denisenko and Dominik Bokk. I also will continue to like Ryan Merkley even though he dropped like a rock in the Central Scouting rankings. He's very young for this draft.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I like Grigori Denisenko and Dominik Bokk. I also will continue to like Ryan Merkley even though he dropped like a rock in the Central Scouting rankings. He's very young for this draft.

Ryan Merkley is on my top pair in NHL 18. For that reason and no other, I want him.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I’ve seen a lot of posts of who people want and who would be a typical Sharks pick but curious to see who other posters truly believe will be the Sharks first pick this June.........I believe Bo Groulx will be the Sharks first round pick.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
I’ve seen a lot of posts of who people want and who would be a typical Sharks pick but curious to see who other posters truly believe will be the Sharks first pick this June.........I believe Bo Groulx will be the Sharks first round pick.
Yeah, he sounds exactly like the kind of player we here suspect the sharks love picking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille