Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think we need to listen to the game crowd on this one and pick Jett Woo. They call out his name every game.

Jett Woo has become a pretty big meme recently. I don’t watch any of these guys play but Jett Woo just seems like the right pick - the guy that before the draft, everybody knows he will be good, but teams pass on him anyways. Sort of like Nick Suzuki, or Matt Dumba off the top of my head. Just by coincidence, all 3 players are tan and Asian in appearance lol

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jux, what are your thoughts on Tychonick ?
A guy that’s criminally underrated due to the league he plays in. Good two way defender. Great skater. Good instincts. Needs to bulk up in order to make the NHL but he will be going to North Dakota next year so it will be interesting to see how he does. I’d take a flyer on him but I’d like to trade back if we plan on taking him

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It’s a weird way to spell Troy Grosenick. That’s all I got.

I don’t know anyone in this draft past the first round.
He’s one of those guys right on the cusp of being a first rounder. If he can put on a bit of bulk he could be a serious steal. But yeah in all honestly I see him as an early second

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
A guy that’s criminally underrated due to the league he plays in. Good two way defender. Great skater. Good instincts. Needs to bulk up in order to make the NHL but he will be going to North Dakota next year so it will be interesting to see how he does. I’d take a flyer on him but I’d like to trade back if we plan on taking him
Yeah, I have the same thought. Dude's skating is butter smooth.
Reminds me off Dante Fabbro, who was from the same BCHL team.

I have him as a late 1st rounder.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
When was the last time the Sharks traded to move up significantly? I don’t really count the two or three spots they moved up for Mueller…

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This thread isn’t getting a lot of love.......just over a month until draft day, where’s the excitement?

Why should we get excited for the next Josh Norris?

This draft is billed as a deep draft but I don’t think that’s true. After the top-14 or so there’s a significant drop off in my eyes.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Sac Kings got the #2 pick!..I feel the sports universe has shifted....I believe the Sharks will pull a Thornton 2.0..

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hey now… I wouldn't call a dependable 3rd line center and solid PK'er a bust.

The funny thing is, for all the complaining about this, when have we actually drafted a player like this in the first round? Was Marcel Goc the last one?

Hertl and Coyle are both top-6 forwards without question. Goldobin and Mueller are looking like complete busts. Meier was our 2nd best scorer at 5V5 last year; he is a top-6 forward without question who doesn’t even kill penalties.

The jury is still out on Joshua Norris, though, who may be exactly this.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Corey Pronman released his rankings for this years draft on the Athletic. If you subscribe to the Athletic I suggest checking out his work. It's pretty much the reason I signed up last year because I've been following Pronman's rankings for a good 4-5 years now and he was leaving ESPN.

After reading through it these are the guys I'm hoping for realistically, meaning in the 15-25 range where we will likely keep our pick or trade up/down. I generally want us to draft BPA but I really think we need a top defenseman in our system. Keep in mind I haven't seen any of these players, but I do trust Pronman's evaluations despite his knack for overvaluing undersized skilled players.

Dream pick: Veleno
D-men Picks: Bouchard, Wilde,Dobson, Ty Smith, Addison
Other Forward Picks: Marchenko, Denisenko, Kupari

These D-men all seem to have good offensive abilities and skill. Dobson in particular sounds like a Vlasic with better offensive abilities. Bouchard is probably the guy I want the most. For people who have seen these guys, thoughts?

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Corey Pronman released his rankings for this years draft on the Athletic. If you subscribe to the Athletic I suggest checking out his work. It's pretty much the reason I signed up last year because I've been following Pronman's rankings for a good 4-5 years now and he was leaving ESPN.

After reading through it these are the guys I'm hoping for realistically, meaning in the 15-25 range where we will likely keep our pick or trade up/down. I generally want us to draft BPA but I really think we need a top defenseman in our system. Keep in mind I haven't seen any of these players, but I do trust Pronman's evaluations despite his knack for overvaluing undersized skilled players.

Dream pick: Veleno
D-men Picks: Bouchard, Wilde,Dobson, Ty Smith, Addison
Other Forward Picks: Marchenko, Denisenko, Kupari

These D-men all seem to have good offensive abilities and skill. Dobson in particular sounds like a Vlasic with better offensive abilities. Bouchard is probably the guy I want the most. For people who have seen these guys, thoughts?
Realistically, the only guys you listed who will be available are Marchenko,Denisenko and possibly Kupari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->