Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
nichushkin straight up for the 6th overall pick so dallas can snag provorov. if they offer, do you take it?

I honestly think I pass. I just don't like such a young player with a hip injury that took him out for the whole season. It makes me nervous... my thought is why take any risk when you are going to have your choice of multiple blue chip prospects.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I honestly think I pass. I just don't like such a young player with a hip injury that took him out for the whole season. It makes me nervous... my thought is why take any risk when you are going to have your choice of multiple blue chip prospects.

I agree. I also feel that who we will pick at 6 could have more success.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I agree. I also feel that who we will pick at 6 could have more success.

I feel the opposite to be honest. I think Nuke would be better than anyone we get at 6 to be honest. That said, I have not read too much on the extent of his injury. If it really was that debilitating and detrimental to his development than I guess steer clear.

GhostofKenKlee

Yeah that is true..The #34 is probably enough for 2 spots.

Even if you do pick up another 2nd. and a roster player (which is stretching it re: Rychel)

You can then use two 2nd. rounder to grab another 1st. in the 20-30 range and still pick up a decent 2nd. rounder.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i think I do it. ive loved nichushkin since that draft year and was hoping they would take him before they made the Schneider deal. and if provorov is as good as they are saying, dallas would do very well in this deal (and possibly almost "replace" nuke with their pick after that with a rantanen, crouse, meier or connor).

GhostofKenKlee

That injury and the fact that the stars would want to unload him are cause for concern. Give them two 2nd. rounders...

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That injury and the fact that the stars would want to unload him are cause for concern. Give them two 2nd. rounders...

They did pretty amazing in terms of scoring without him this past season. If they did decide to trade him it wouldn't be because of disappointment, it'd be like us in dealing from a position of strength to fix a weakness. Two 2nd rounders is borderline insulting for Nichushkin.

GhostofKenKlee

Coming off injury, he's not worth straight up a top five/six pick. That's crazy over value on the fans part. Why would they dump him is the greater question I have. Again, this is all just fan speculation anyway.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Coming off injury, he's not worth straight up a top five/six pick.

Why would they trade him for any less? They got him at 11 when by all accounts he should have been at least a top seven pick and he has a year head start in terms of development over anyone this year. He'll still be 20 years old at the beginning of next season and it's way too early to think he'll bust just cause he got hurt.

But yes if they really are shopping him it might suggest concern about how he'll bounce back injury wise.

GhostofKenKlee

Why would they trade him for any less? They got him at 11 when by all accounts he should have been at least a top seven pick and he has a year head start in terms of development over anyone this year. He'll still be 20 years old at the beginning of next season and it's way too early to think he'll bust just cause he got hurt.

You are forgetting the injury part to the equation, it's not just getting hurt.

I didn't say bust, he has already shown promise, however you are getting him off a serious injury. Besides he's cost controlled and if they believe he can continue on his trajectory why would a team deal a player like that, unless they are thinking along the same lines.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If it's between a high-end second-year player that's been developed by another team and a high-end player that we can develop from the beginning, I will always choose the latter.

We want guys to play a certain way. Better off having full control from the beginning.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Was Ruutu really underused or was he one of the few players who was actually used properly? Just because he looked good getting fourth line minutes doesn't mean he'll be as effective as a second/third liner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was Ruutu really underused or was he one of the few players who was actually used properly? Just because he looked good getting fourth line minutes doesn't mean he'll be as effective as a second/third liner.

It would have been nice to find out during a lost cause season where they had other guys overslotted constantly.

But let's try to keep this on draft discussion, this is more a topic for the regular team thread.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Only way I'd trade down is if its to COL for O'Reilly.

Not at all interested in the proposed CBJ-NJ trades.

Really thats the ONLY trade.

On top of that you want to trade for someone who is most surely testing free agency.

Its about assets, the more you have the more likely you are to hit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

On top of that you want to trade for someone who is most surely testing free agency.

Well if their first is coming with it, it is an intriguing idea. Gives you a year to work on signing him and we still draft at worst Kyle Conner.

no way they do that. They would want one of our seconds too at least.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia

ROR at 7.5 million is fine.

7.5 in two years is similar to Zajac's contract now.

Cap is going up. More casual NHL fans. The sport is growing; money is to be had.

(Wrong thread, I know)

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
ROR at 7.5 million is fine.

7.5 in two years is similar to Zajac's contract now.

Cap is going up. More casual NHL fans. The sport is growing; money is to be had.

(Wrong thread, I know)

I dont think he signs here.

Anyway, i cant decide between Zacha and Barzal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad