OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Can't wait for the draft!

Unless something disastrous happens (bad picks, bad trades) our prospect pipeline will be dramatically improved as of June 28th! Hope for the future

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Conte will not be taking rantanen unless Shero intervenes. So scratch him off the list.

I don't really care if Conte doesn't have Rantanen on his shortlist, that's his business and something we'll never know. I do care that people on here are writing him off and thinking there's no way we should be drafting him.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I don't really care if Conte doesn't have Rantanen on his shortlist, that's his business and something we'll never know. I do care that people on here are writing him off and thinking there's no way we should be drafting him.

The reactions by people who haven't been around long enough to understand Abo are hilarious. The Devils avoidance of Finns are a sore point for him, it's a joke.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Need to draft Garland in the 2nd/3rd round. Small kid that went undrafted last year, had a monumental increase in points this season, and won the Q scoring race by a ~25% differential? Swing for the fences, we need legit scoring talent.

Garland should be considered but there may be better players still on the board.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
With Guryanov, I really want him, but you have to find out his intentions. If he's at the draft, I guess there's interest in coming to N.A. I'd be willing to move up into the late-first to select him. However, you have to interview him. Fly Shero or a trusted assistant over to Russia to interview the kid. If he's a top-10 talent, expected to fall, it won't hurt to take initiative and try to figure out the kids intentions.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Garland should be considered but there may be better players still on the board.

At this time last year most on here were pissed that the Devils passed on Barbashev. Well, Garland just finished the season with an assist total comparable to the amount of points that Barbashev got (granted he played 10 more games). His PPG this season has him in the same category as Ehlers (a 9th overall last year) and Barbashev (who many had pegged as a first rounder last year). So...I'd be surprised if there were better bets by the 3rd round.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
The reactions by people who haven't been around long enough to understand Abo are hilarious. The Devils avoidance of Finns are a sore point for him, it's a joke.

No seriously tho, yeah it's sad but he's not a seriously consideration. In fact I doubt conte can even say his name. Or any of their names. Probably their main reason of hesitation.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Really cool probability tool that calculates the chance a certain player will be available at a certain spot. It uses rankings from TSN/McKeens/ISS and does an average.

http://donttellmeaboutheart.blogspot.de/2015/06/nhl-draft-probability-tool.html

This is neat! I clicked it expecting just some raw "consensus" averages of a bunch of different draft rankings, but it is actually a very cleverly done statistical analysis.

~40% chance Marner is available at 6. :nod:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We should try hard to move up to the mid-to-late teens of the 1st round and draft one of these players if they are still on the board:

Merkley, Koneccny, Meier, Svechnikov

An infusion of talent if we were able to snag a Zacha/Konecny package, or a Barzal/Svechnikov duo.

It will be tough to pull off however.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
We should try hard to move up to the mid-to-late teens of the 1st round and draft one of these players if they are still on the board:

An infusion of talent if we were able to snag a Zacha/Konecny package, or a Barzal/Svechnikov duo.

Mid to late teen picks are probably out of the Devils price rage. If the Devils want to package their two seconds I would think the highest they could get up to is around 25.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT

Hence why I brought up on the team discussion thread about taking richards off the kings hands if it included their first. Without even really thinking about the ramifications of having Richards I was more thinking man could we get two of Marner/Barzal/Zacha?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Hence why I brought up on the team discussion thread about taking richards off the kings hands if it included their first. Without even really thinking about the ramifications of having Richards I was more thinking man could we get two of Marner/Barzal/Zacha?

I thought it was a good idea but then i did a bit more digging and it really is stupid to take Richards on. To me there are so many more ways it can go wrong then right and hurt us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad