Post-Game Talk: That was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
South Florida residents, can we hang Wanted Posters everywhere with Hendricks face on it so they cant enjoy a beach day? That was people can recognize his ass and ruin their beach day

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Your franchise defenseman is woozy after a hit, you say? Well, there's only one answer to that, put him back in the game!

If this turns out to be a concussion, someone better get fired.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Hope it's not serious with Ekblad.

Then of course you ask the question.

Why the f did Ekblad come back into the game then?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
There's a concussion protocol. He has to pass the tests in order to come back on the ice, right? If he passed and said he's fine I'm not sure I can fault the team for putting him back on the ice.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There's a concussion protocol. He has to pass the tests in order to come back on the ice, right? If he passed and said he's fine I'm not sure I can fault the team for putting him back on the ice.

Exactly. When i got my concussion, i didnt know it till the day after

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Concussion protocol is flawed because everyone just throws their baseline scores so when they're concussed they score similarly poorly.

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
South Florida residents, can we hang Wanted Posters everywhere with Hendricks face on it so they cant enjoy a beach day? That was people can recognize his ass and ruin their beach day

No way. Let them enjoy the beach. Let them get complacent. Hell, buy them some extra drinks. :laugh:

Concussion symptoms don't always show up right away. Happens a lot the morning after.

This. And medical professionals know this. The way he couldn't get back up on his feet after that hit should have sidelined for the rest of the night.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Wow, if Ekblads concussed I will be pissed just another reason to hate the ****ing Oilers.

I was really looking forward to seeing him play in Calgary too...bought myself an Ekblad jersey and everything. Hopefully its nothing serious and its just for this game.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Wow, if Ekblads concussed I will be pissed just another reason to hate the ****ing Oilers.

I was really looking forward to seeing him play in Calgary too...bought myself an Ekblad jersey and everything. Hopefully its nothing serious and its just for this game.

Agreed!

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
No way. Let them enjoy the beach. Let them get complacent. Hell, buy them some extra drinks. :laugh:

This. And medical professionals know this. The way he couldn't get back up on his feet after that hit should have sidelined for the rest of the night.

Probably a good argument for changing the protocol altogether. I don't know why the league insists on dragging its feet on this.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I'll wait on more information before passing judgement on our training/medical staff. Though they don't have a great track record.

As for Hendricks... do you think this is how Dallas fans felt after Kulikov's botched hip-check on Seguin? I'm pissed as hell at Hendricks, but I'm wondering if I should feel a little hypocritical here.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
I'll wait on more information before passing judgement on our training/medical staff. Though they don't have a great track record.

As for Hendricks... do you think this is how Dallas fans felt after Kulikov's botched hip-check on Seguin? I'm pissed as hell at Hendricks, but I'm wondering if I should feel a little hypocritical here.

Perhaps, though Im sure Kulikovs botched hip check was done with much better intentions than some 3rd line scrub charging along the back boards full force.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Difference was Kuli had no history and it was pretty clear an accident. This is different, there was intent to injure.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

They partly missed the playoffs because of that hit, so yeah, they had reasons to be mad. On the other hand, concussion can linger and shorten career, so I dislike concussion more. They might disagree on which type of injury is worse.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
All I will say about the Ekblad thing is this: Forget about it right now. Focus on the game tonight against Vancouver. It sucks that he's out but it does no good to keep that in mind all night. I'm sure the players know that and they will have to be ready to go.

In the name of the....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad