Post-Game Talk: That was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Still on a 13 game point streak. Knew it was bad news that Ek was gonna be out, think he buries that goal if he's trailing instead of Kampfer.
Still, amazing run that was so much fun as a Panther fan. Team is built for the playoffs and I'm proud of them.

Thought the refs were poor throughout the game, missed several calls, but we should all be used to that by now.
Don't care what the Sedin said, not a big deal, stuff is said back and forth all the time...but Dorsett has no business touching Montoya. That'll get it going every time. Proud of the Panthers' response to that. This team is close and it shows.

Thought it was awesome the way Vancouver fans still said 'Louuuuu' every time he touched the puck, and wow what a reception for Jagr.

Time to start a new streak, but 3rd game in 4 days tomorrow they'll be tired I'm sure.

There were quite a few Czech jerseys in the crowd. Shouldn't be surprised considering how multicultural Vancouver is.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The Sedin's are class acts in the league?? Hell no! F*** them motherf***ers. From now on they are piece of **** #1 and piece of **** #2. Dorset needs to be put into a rocket and blasted into the sun. It's us against the league, that's been made clear with this streak. Us against the refs, us against the extra number of disrespectful players, **** this league. When we win, I no longer care about trying to be classy about it, get it by any means necessary.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That 3rd line right now is neither a grinder line nor an offensive threat. They better get it together and establish one or the other. I still would had preffer Bjugs to have had some AHL conditioning games before getting plug back in.
Our 3rd line before was fantastic and fast!

I've only watched the first periods of the last two games, so take my post with a grain of salt. Looks like Bjugstad has done well creating offensive chances for himself. His passing looks off, but I think he is inching closer back to his old self.

Think he could of used an AHL stint too, to shake off the rust, but I'm not going to question Gallant/Tallon

I feel like Pirri is out of place on the third, yet the first two lines are set, and the fourth line is just about set, with Thornton suiting up every once in a while.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Bjugstad needs a setup guy on the wing who can create room on his own. Shaw can create room with his speed but isn't really a setup guy, Pirri is a decent setup guy but lacks the speed. Been saying this for a while but a top 6 LW to play with Nick would be great.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Bjugstad needs a setup guy on the wing who can create room on his own. Shaw can create room with his speed but isn't really a setup guy, Pirri is a decent setup guy but lacks the speed. Been saying this for a while but a top 6 LW to play with Nick would be great.

With Pirri going the other way in the trade. He's kind of useless.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Agree. He needs a Hubs. The players on that line don't mesh well together.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Stu Walters @StuWaltersmedia
I just asked #Panthers Dale Tallon what was issue @end of game "everyone's pissed of that's why, we've had 1 f****** PP in 2 games" #Canucks

Whether that was really the issue, it's still super true. Not having a powerplay against Edmonton was rather ridiculous. We can't buy a PP and I know it's not been all that great but at least give us a chance.

Anyway, I'm sad that the streak had to come to an end, I knew it would eventually, just wanted to ride it out for as long as possible :)

Was a great run and I look forward to this team continuing to kick some ass. There's so much vitriol now about our team, for those that want us to win, there's just as many that want to see us fail, which is kinda sad.

Here's to the Panthers on accomplishing such a great feat, breaking several records, and to keep showing the league that this is in fact a good team. :handclap:

EstConf96*

Whether that was really the issue, it's still super true. Not having a powerplay against Edmonton was rather ridiculous. We can't buy a PP and I know it's not been all that great but at least give us a chance.

Anyway, I'm sad that the streak had to come to an end, I knew it would eventually, just wanted to ride it out for as long as possible :)

Was a great run and I look forward to this team continuing to kick some ass. There's so much vitriol now about our team, for those that want us to win, there's just as many that want to see us fail, which is kinda sad.

Here's to the Panthers on accomplishing such a great feat, breaking several records, and to keep showing the league that this is in fact a good team. :handclap:

These people have excisted since the 1990's expansion era and will excist until all those expansions with the Florida Panthers in the leading position are gone. I do not and will never care for the respect of said people. I care for the fans of this team and on this board.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I've found that teams are so used to an easy 2 points from the Panthers, that this incarnation is making them frustrated. Hard nosed, defensive hockey. Big guys who grind it out. The opposition is angry at all this. "Why can't we walk all over them like we used to?", they're all thinking. I think this is signalling an arrival to prominence. That being said, the team will have to play harder and improve more now that others are getting up for their games. It should be fun to watch. :nod:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I've found that teams are so used to an easy 2 points from the Panthers, that this incarnation is making them frustrated. Hard nosed, defensive hockey. Big guys who grind it out. The opposition is angry at all this. "Why can't we walk all over them like we used to?", they're all thinking. I think this is signalling an arrival to prominence. That being said, the team will have to play harder and improve more now that others are getting up for their games. It should be fun to watch. :nod:

I think thats more the mentality of people on this board, and fans in general, rather than teams going against the Panthers. Maybe in years past, but when you can see that the organization, as a whole, is improving, you can be sure that the other clubs around the league see that as well. I think the past couple of years has shown that teams are starting to take us more serious, and now that we had a long streak, and are currently in 1st, teams will give us their best every night.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I think thats more the mentality of people on this board, and fans in general, rather than teams going against the Panthers. Maybe in years past, but when you can see that the organization, as a whole, is improving, you can be sure that the other clubs around the league see that as well. I think the past couple of years has shown that teams are starting to take us more serious, and now that we had a long streak, and are currently in 1st, teams will give us their best every night.

I agree. But the chippiness on the ice has increased since the streak, and seemed to get worse near the end. The health of this team is paramount as we look towards March. P.S., love the avie.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I agree. But the chippiness on the ice has increased since the streak, and seemed to get worse near the end. The health of this team is paramount as we look towards March. P.S., love the avie.

That was cause of the streak. Everyone wanted to be the team that beat us, and end the streak. Being an athlete, you want to win every night, but when games came along that were important to me/us, we got even more mentally and emotionally involved. Its the nature of competition.

I didnt want to change my avi until the streak was over. Im very superstitious (should have seen me in before games), and I just didnt want to change anything until the streak ended.

Alberta10Hockey

Jan 5, 2016
That could work, but from the past couple of weeks, the team seems set on leaving Shaw on the 3rd line / not scratching him.

Ya you are right. Gallant really likes Shaw, and I do as well, but he isn't a play maker, he is a very good skater and plays hard, but that is not the dynamic that the third line is missing. There is nothing wrong with a fourth line of Howden Mack Shaw. Gallant would trust that fourth line in key situations too, as he does now. I could really see the combo of Knight and Bjugstad working well together, would love to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad