Post-Game Talk: That was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Don't you mean, when? When we win it all, we should parade the cup around Finland.
Barkov would bring it to Tampere anyway and Tampere is only a couple hours drive away for people that live around south (Helsinki/Turku area), west coast (Pori/Vaasa area) or middle (Tampere/Jyväskylä area). JJ would have it up north around the Oulu area as well.

I'd definitely make the drive to Tampere for Barkov's celebration if/when this team wins the SC.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Barkov would bring it to Tampere anyway and Tampere is only a couple hours drive away for people that live around south (Helsinki/Turku area), west coast (Pori/Vaasa area) or middle (Tampere/Jyväskylä area). JJ would have it up north around the Oulu area as well.

I'd definitely make the drive to Tampere for Barkov's celebration if/when this team wins the SC.

I can picture Barkov being just silly with the cup.

He might wear it like a hat or just start doodling dinosaurs on it. I dont know why

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006

LOL in my mind i was reading Tampere as a red neck floridian trying to say tampa (TAMP - ER ).

Maybe it's a baltimore accent i'm thinking of. Anyways made me chuckle when i realized it was in Finland. (BTW ii'm a former red neck floridian, lived in panama city and orlando so it's okay :-D

edit: and as for washington, i really think this is their year. I live in DC now and have been following them since early 2000 and this is by far the most dangerous form of them. Everyone around here knows their weakness is closing playoff series, especially game 7's, and last playoffs they finally won a game 7. Even though they lost a game 7 i believe, they got the monkey off their back and look at them now. All we can really hope for (if things continue like they are) like you said is something crazy to happen in the playoffs.

But their record is just crazy right now, what are they projected to score 120+ points? Record is 132 by the 1995-1996 red wings so they are not far off that mark. They really are one of the most dangerous teams in the history of hockey

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Feel like this gif sums up my thoughts of what it'll be like around here depending on the outcome.

Ned: The Florida Panthers lose......

(glass breaks)

Ned: just kidding, 13 straight........

3rGuq.gif

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Looking at Markstroms stats- around 2.50, .918 in 15gp

That's actually pretty good for him, I don't think we should write him off as a joke (even though the trade was a fantastic short term move for us so far.)

He's not a joke, he's just turning into much more of a long term project than anyone expected.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
he has absolutely played better the last dozen or so games. I've been impressed. However, he's still the worst forward on the team and it's not close. He should be in the lineup for the next Edmonton game but for the most part he shouldn't play over any of the other bottom 6 guys. I still think last night gets out of hand if he's in the lineup or not and the odds are slim he's on the ice when things went down.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a lock he'll be in the game against the Oilers next week.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
6-0 win tonight for our bakers dozen. We didn't bother playing last night to save our energy. Edmonton would have lost to pylons and a tutor shooter, last night.

DiMaGa

Oh No We Suck Again
Oct 17, 2011
Yikes I have to stay up til 10 before the puck drops. I'll try and make the sacrifice. Stupid West Coast Time.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yikes I have to stay up til 10 before the puck drops. I'll try and make the sacrifice. Stupid West Coast Time.

Hate these games. Usually only get to catch the first period before going to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad