Post-Game Talk: That was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
I was at the Canucks vs Panthers game today. I was there cheering on the Panthers. First period was good we had a 2-0 lead then it fell apart. We were sooooooooo slowwwwww, The panthers fastest player out there was Logan Shaw. The canucks looked 10x faster then us. Yes i notice we just came off a 12 game winning streak and we still got a point from losing in ot but we were slow and the canucks defense shut us down. Also we were bad defensively, the defense was decent but the forwards like reilly smith just took their time skating back to help on defense. And yes i saw the fight at the end, but right now that is the least of my concerns.

Twitter: Quinnel44
That's what happens, when you play against a team, which had more time to rest.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
That's what happens, when you play against a team, which had more time to rest.

Panther's played well enough to win, Luongo was incredibly sharp. We got a great goal from the worst hockey player (according to WJC) right off a draw that no one can really be expected to stop.

The call in OT was pretty weak, I'll say that. Canucks have also had their share of that because apparently refs can't actually do their jobs anymore.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Apparently one of the Florida guys called a Sedin "a peanut butter finger licker" which is honestly probably the least offensive thing that's been said about them in the media or by players.

Who cares?

It's funny, im usually the guy giving the exact same advice in that situation. Guess i'm just disappointed in Goldie and Denis acting like amateur clowns. Puckmoster it was Denis Potvin who made that comment in regards to one of the Sedin Twins "pointing".

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
search

Crap, didnt work on phone.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sigh, just caught up on DVR. I don't mind the streak ending, but I hate losing to Markstrom. Screw that.

It probably like one of the maybe 3 times it happens in the next long while.

You guys got the Vezina dude, we got the project. Throw us a bone now and then :laugh:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Don't mind me, I'm just still bitter over some of the goals he let through in Florida. :rant:

Fair enough. That was the Old Time though, now you guys have the New Time.

Markstrom was basically a roast that old Florida took out too soon, carved up and served and then we took him home for left overs but kind of had to make him palatable because it was too dry and kind of bland. He's still reheating slowly.

(I'm making stew tonight, forgive the analogy)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Fair enough. That was the Old Time though, now you guys have the New Time.

Markstrom was basically a roast that old Florida took out too soon, carved up and served and then we took him home for left overs but kind of had to make him palatable because it was too dry and kind of bland. He's still reheating slowly.

(I'm making stew tonight, forgive the analogy)

I agree with your analysis, but it's a sensitive subject around here. I think anyone would agree though that the Panthers were not the ideal environment for a young player for much of the past 15 years.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bah. Had a strange feeling after the first we would blow it.

At least if we had to lose, it was to Vancouver, and in OT.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Had a feeling this was the game it would end, even more so with Ekblad out. Fantastic run still! :handclap:

Still thought they played decent, but in fairness, Canucks had plenty of really good looks, unlike a lot of other teams during the streak. Lou played very good again. Quite unfortunate they couldn't hold on to that 2 goal lead. Let's get back on the rope and climb up the mountain again...a new win streak starts in Calgary! :yo: At least they have set themselves up nicely for a playoff spot now and I think some pressure to keep the streak alive (plus teams trying to end it) have gone away.

Jan 19, 2006
Lose 2nd game of a back to back on a west coast trip in OT?

It used to be that would be considered a moral victory...

Now... we are all pissed!

That's progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad