GDT: That Ain't The Friggin' Christmas Star Gris: Stars @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I went to the sixers game today and it went 3 Ot lol. Glad to come back and see a win. 1-0-1 without hall, palms, and mojo, impressive

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
roll on….

105 pt pace,

dig it.

256 goal pace

ive been asking (hoping) for a 220 at best scoring for a few years…..

this is a real enjoyable season so far

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Camille the Eel

Great game by Corey, despite that one by Radulov that he should have stopped.

He really was the difference. (Play was much more even than 5 - 2). With Kinkaid in net we do not win this game.

Good collective determination by our club.

Time for people to stop complaining about Zacha. Given a steady role and some linemates, he's playing fine and contributing regularly. Don't know who sits when the three guys come back. Can't sit Noeson or Coleman; Stafford and Hayes probably sit down too and tonight was Lapin's chance, he'll be back to Binghamton post haste; so may have to be Pavel. Noeson or Zacha will sit, maybe take turns? Still the kid can play. His future is bright.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tenor.gif

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
This team has put up some gutsy efforts this year but the last two nights take the cake as far as I'm concerned. Getting the points we did with the line-up we had is out right amazing. They just kept grinding these teams into the ground and it worked.

Exciting stuff to see with Hall Palms and MoJo coming back.

Let's not forget the LAK game.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I just checked out the Stars board. It's a ghost town over there

i looked in this afternoon just to read some takes on the game and no GDT

figured stars fans have another forum the get together on

sort of like the wild fans not being very present here years ago

oh well, ...

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I just checked out the Stars board. It's a ghost town over there

i looked in this afternoon just to read some takes on the game and no GDT

figured stars fans have another forum the get together on

sort of like the wild fans not being very present here years ago

oh well, ...

It's kinda creepy honestly. It's practically dead

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why does Drew Stafford bother playing hockey? I have to think this is his last year in the NHL.
This is almost definitely his last year in the NHL. The fact that he didn't get signed until late August and for a one year minimum wage (close to it) deal, this was pretty much the last stand for him, barring a huge year like Stempniak had 2 years ago. I'm not gonna say I guarantee it's his last year, as I thought Zubrus would never get even a PTO, yet Pete brought him to San Jose, when he was 4 or 5 years older than Stafford and even worse by that point.

I thought he played great tonight, but 14 games without a point is out of control. This was his best game since probably less than a handful of games into that drought. If he looked like tonight more often, he'd probably score points more often.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great game by Corey, despite that one by Radulov that he should have stopped.

He really was the difference. (Play was much more even than 5 - 2). With Kinkaid in net we do not win this game.

Good collective determination by our club.

Time for people to stop complaining about Zacha. Given a steady role and some linemates, he's playing fine and contributing regularly. Don't know who sits when the three guys come back. Can't sit Noeson or Coleman; Stafford and Hayes probably sit down too and tonight was Lapin's chance, he'll be back to Binghamton post haste; so may have to be Pavel. Noeson or Zacha will sit, maybe take turns? Still the kid can play. His future is bright.
I really believe that if Kinkaid played like he has since late October, we lose this game or at least end up in OT, if he hadn't sunk us before we got that Lappin goal late in regulation. Maybe he plays a good game, he's beyond due for one, so maybe not. If he had played tonight and allowed 3 or 4 goals, this winds up looking like a really poor effort and Hynes might even be using the four letter S word again (soft) to describe the team. I thought that first goal Kinkaid allowed last week, was really poor. Beat him far side from a poor angle. Even Andrew Gross didn't like that one. I feel like that's a shot that hits Cory in the chest more often than not, due to his superior positioning, which is one of his biggest strengths. And if he absorbs the rebound, you get a whistle and it doesn't even look like a dangerous scoring chance.

The differential in save percentages between the two is astronomical. The difference in goals against is damn near one per game. That's a fair stat to use when comparing two goalies playing on the same team. Even if Kinkaid has better rebound control, he's been abysmal on first shot chances this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad