Johns-Honka

Bishop/Lehtonen

giphy.gif

Here's hoping there's a win in this box

giphy.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Palms was having a really good season before he got injured the last time. Before he got injured both times.

He has 9 points in 13 games and one of the lower on-ice shooting percentages on this team. He was having a really awesome year.

Gross reported he was still in a walking boot on Wednesday before they left for Montreal. Obviously, he's been skating, so it's not like he can't skate yet, but I don't know if that would indicate that he's yet to be cleared. I believe it was about 3 weeks ago on Wednesday, that he was projected to be out for 4-6 weeks, so next Wednesday would be 4 weeks.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Palms was having a really good season before he got injured the last time. Before he got injured both times.

He has 9 points in 13 games and one of the lower on-ice shooting percentages on this team. He was having a really awesome year.

Gross reported he was still in a walking boot on Wednesday before they left for Montreal. Obviously, he's been skating, so it's not like he can't skate yet, but I don't know if that would indicate that he's yet to be cleared. I believe it was about 3 weeks ago on Wednesday, that he was projected to be out for 4-6 weeks, so next Wednesday would be 4 weeks.

I seriously think he should take his time, no need to rush

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I seriously think he should take his time, no need to rush
I kind of feel like that too.

Zajac was about 5-6 weeks ahead of schedule. I remember it was 4-6 months back around the 20th of August and he was back on Novembrt 15th. And he hasn't looked like Zajac for much of these games.

Reactions: theoptimist

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lucky for us we actually have a goalie and not a shooter tutor. Isles blow in net.
''Halak is really good! He's better than Carey Price! They should have kept him! Didn't you see him in the playoffs when he stole the series against Washington?''

''Greiss is good! Sharks should have just kept him and made him the starter! He's even been better than Cory Schneider has since He's been with the Islanders!''

And then I came back to December of 2017, where this might be one of the worst tandems in the NHL, despite a lot of people always calling it a ''Strong tandem'', even this year. On paper? Maybe they aren't that bad. At least not coming into this year. They certainly seemed better than the Vancouver tandem on paper, and either of them seemed to be better than at least a third or more of the backups in the league. Hasn't shaken that way this season.

I thought Dallas did look good against the Rangers though, but couldn't score on Pavelec. Lehtonen is in tonight, and he's due for a stinker.

Bishop must be sad, he already claimed earlier in the year that he was unhappy when Hitchcock removed him from a game early. Hitchcock probably still thinks any goalie that plays for his team, probably plays better than they would on any other team. It was certainly the case with Elliott, Cechmanek, Esche, Mason, maybe a couple others that I'm forgetting.

Reactions: Dialamo

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I was curious what Cory's record was when starting on consecutive nights in a back-to-back, and since becoming a Devil he's 10-9-3 with a .929 save percentage. Although he is only 2-4-1 in his last 7 in that situation with a .919 save percentage.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Devils still in the playoff hunt despite injuries to half of top six? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
this will be a tough one, they are playing well right now. gonna have to outwork them and try to come away with points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->