WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Larsson has been a bit up and down this season, but then again he was up and down last season as well and it still worked out pretty good in the WHC. Only issue might be if his inconsistent play this season is due to an undisclosed injury.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Hjalmarsson and Silfverberg are on contract years so I am guessing they won't be coming over.
Right now I cannot remember if we've gotten SWE players to come even though they are not signed, but I do remember that there have been some that avoid coming unless they have a contract for the upcoming season.
Silfverberg signed a new contract a week ago.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I must be drunk, completely forgot about him signing.

Don't tell me that Hjalmarsson is also signed already...

Edit: Kempe is also not signed (at least I think so!)
You know, I thought I remembered Hjammer signing one last year and turns out I was right, he actually signed a 2 year extension in July. :laugh:

Kempe is an RFA without arb rights, so shouldn't be any problems for LA to extend him.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
You know, I thought I remembered Hjammer signing one last year and turns out I was right, he actually signed a 2 year extension in July. :laugh:

Kempe is an RFA without arb rights, so shouldn't be any problems for LA to extend him.
I'll just crawl back down under a rock for the rest of today...

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I'm not worried about NHL player participation. After the BÅG debacle in terms of NHL players the management has had a very good relationship with the players.

Grönborg, Garpenlöv and Popovic are well liked and respected.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Silfverberg says he's interested in playing at worlds. Barring a miracle where the Ducks get into the playoffs, or an injury it sounds like he'll come and play.

Reactions: jaro

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Bratt-J.Larsson-Silfverberg would be a great shut-down line.

Bratt is like a duracell rabbit.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Joakim Lindström and Oscar Möller have been good this season. Do you guys think they can still be a force in Tre Kronor? Not top 6, but on a 3rd line, providing some secondary scoring.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
And so is Anton Lander and Jacob Josefson. We already have a bunch of J.Larsson type of players in Europa.
Jacob or Adam Larsson? Adam Larsson is easily better than any of the Euro options in the same role.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Jacob or Adam Larsson? Adam Larsson is easily better than any of the Euro options in the same role.
Adam Larsson last time I checked doesn't start with a J. But neither of them, Johan Larsson(Buffalo center, the position that Lander, & Josefson plays too).

Also, Grundström should get invited. Put him and Kempe on the same line just like Kings is doing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
his brother, mario, have done a good job for coytes. a speedy player with both skill and grit. could be intresting to invite him too.

Grundstrom - A.Kempe - M.Kempe could be a good 4th line.
Arizona is 1 point from a WC spot with a game in hand, so might not be available.

The only ones out of the playoffs is Ottawa, but other than that it's safe to assume Detroit, New Jersey, Rags, Buffalo, Kings, Ducks, & Nucks are out too as they're >=9 points back. You could pretty much count Oilers, & Hawks out too as they're 7 points back. Flyers is 50/50, they could still make it, but the probability of it is less than 10%.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Looking at the currnet standings in NHL, Sweden will hope to have most of these players for a third consecutive WC title.

GK: Lundqvist /Rangers/, Markstrom /Canucks/, Ullmark /Buffalo/

Defence: Adam Larsson /Oilers/, Klefbom /Oilers/, Dahlin /Buffalo/, Eric Gustafsson /Chicago/, Lindholm /Anaheim/, Edler /Canucks/,

Forwards: Bratt /Devils/, Zibanejad /Rangers/, Fast /Rangers/, Lindblom /Flyers/, Kempe /Kings/, Rakell /Anaheim/, Silfverberg /Anaheim/, Petersson /Canucks/, Landeskog /Avalanche/, Soderberg /Avalanche/

And 4 places left for top players, if they are eliminated from the playoffs.
Someone like Backstrom, E. Karlsson, E. Lindholm, OEL, Klingberg, Hedman

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
we can forget landeskog, he is injured. thats a huge blow.
Two things:

1. Colorado is 1 point away from a playoff spot with a game in hand on Minnesota.
2. He's expected to be back early-mid April.

Edit:

Also, Bratt is injured week-to-week, so he might not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany