WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Good news that Landeskog is not only healthy but is playing as well as ever so far. Should either miss the playoffs or get bumped in the first round, and he rarely says no to the national team. Captain?
If Arizona doesn’t make the playoffs and OEL accepts invite he should be appointed captain since they usually pick a captain a week or so before the tournament starts.

Reactions: VictorLustig

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If Arizona doesn’t make the playoffs and OEL accepts invite he should be appointed captain since they usually pick a captain a week or so before the tournament starts.

Coincidentally Colorado and Arizona are battling for a wildcard spot, so I guess it's Landeskog or OEL depending on what team beats the other.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Lundqvist might want to play, he's had a mentally tough season, playing behind a garbage team. If he doesn't want to/ can't, Sweden still have alot of good goalies; Markström, Ullmark, Nilsson and if NYI doesn't make the playoffs, even Lehner.

Let's hope Zibanejad can play, he's playing such great hockey and would be a very solid addition to the national team. If most NHL'ers want to win gold again, we should have good chances to take the gold triple.

To be fair, though - he's been really bad this year.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
OK. If we roughly count on projected first round losers only, not second round losers like Forsberg, Arvy and Ekholm like last year and subtract some elderly and UFA:s that have not given glimpses of interrest or might want to play anyway, then we have this: (also assuming Sidney beat the Islanders, and we don't have to put up with Marcus Pettersson, and that a "yes" from Markström makes any other NHL goalie uninterresting)

I mean, come on, buddy...we could even get Bäckström...It could even be FUN to subtract some uninterrested dudes from this puzzle now... (ifurmschstc) "ok, Sundqvist, you've had your breakthru and is a 0.500 player with upside and size, i understand you want to concentrate on a fat contract... Bratt, best point producer in the world up to 18 and a half years old, among small and speedy players... exhausted...ok, thet suisse fellow can't address a garden wall door with a hockey stick and a puck, we might consider Loui instead... Landeskog...badly injured and not wanting to be galaire slave on the forechecking left side, we can let Janmark run up and down instead... we demote Soda to third line instead...Wennberg...can you, Carl and Rask decide on one of you who goes to sunny Bratislava with family ten days in spring? We plan to have a retirement party for Greenborg, thinking you might do us a small favor... Hjalmar, Adam and Brodin? - Please, OEL need a babysitter should he lose the puck in offensive zone? - I do it since no one else wants to says Brodin, adding "not something you want Klingberg or Gustafsson to be responible for". Wanting to play WC, Nilsson and Lehner? - Sorry but there is only one red goalie crease on one side of the ice, can you see another, I can't! (this was a bit mean since Nilson and Lehner are generally good guys, Anders thinking juniors are guaranteed a spot the next year's WC since it it is cruel not to). Andreas and Oscar? Please fight for the 14th forward spot...fight! %2¤&grr*E"... Other responses...sorry but that is Lander's spot...we don't need anyone who can skate there, and besides, did you see his stickhandling in JWC eight years ago? Oh, f***, DAMNED, Rakell is injured!! Bad skies and bone breaks! wonder if Kempe can jump in there? He can't score for shit either (Rickard mumbles in his beard). And since we fans are cry babies by nature, how about this unexpected scenario... McPhee and William Karlsson decide on skipping negotiations, they sent their wives instead who were done after 50 minutes of female problem solving, (like...5, thinking 50% is a bit more than 10...for how long? - For as long as the sun shines) Amanda is late minute PRYO since no one wants to play with Erik Gustafsson and Edler was asked. PS. Did you notice I smuggled in Willie Nylander there should Brad Marchand succeed in trash talking and Boston's third and fourth line demolish Leafs, or if Plstrnk wakes up. OK, Marcus...you need a gold to show your GM? Still a fourth line center? Come here, this is Magnus (P) and this is Loui...they can skate and score and look on the play from the side of the rink (but not on the same time), all you have to do is approach incoming dudes, politely asking them to leave... Lindholm: - sure, you don't want to promote Rasmus Dahlin during the tournament? - (Popovic) Hell no, you know how long it takes for a defender to learn to stop McDavid? - 40 games? - A LIFETIME Peter says, and besides, they would need Connor to STOP Dahlin instead...no one understood nada of this (including y.t.) agreeing on something like on the job training for Western Gothia people. Dahlin and Klingberg? (Amanda filling in): That would CONFUSE people, Richard gesticulates wildly, indicating two of the same kind is only allowed if you come from Victor Hedman's home town (or have tied Gretzky's skates shoestrings)... Yes, Mika, late arrival is ok for anyone who is king of any part of New York (Town of towns) or that white house Backstroke visited so politely last week. Bemström, who's that? - Aha, the next Elias Pettersson... not there just yet, phew... even mixing up Oscar, Thomas and Alexander in the process. The one with beard is the youngest, Garpen adds, tough for me too in the beginning. Should we send down Joakim Nygård to warm up the toilet seats? Like in the Boork era? You're a pain in the ass, Garpen counter attacks Grönborg, flash all that gold (passive aggressiva silent criticism)... Mr Green (knowing Garpen) thinking Johan should have learned to shoot, he would have had some gold too.

Landeskog - Söderberg - Pettersson
Rakell - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Johnsson (or Johansson) - Rask - Nylander / Bratt
Janmark - Kempe/Wennberg - Eriksson
Pääjärvi - Krüger - Sundqvist
Lindblom - Andersson -

Ekman-Larsson - Hjalmarsson
Lindholm - Klingberg
Edler - Gustafsson
Dahlin - Larsson
Klefbom - Brodin

PS. Nemeth (someone would put up the three millions but that is decided around christmas)

PSS: Okaaayyy, you only accept invitation if Bäckis and Willie plays? Sure, this is my last tournament and I have nothing to lose... Aha, I see...you play if you're guaranteed the captain and the kid? Willie? How about a line with you, your brother and Oscar Lindblom? [haha, devilish grin from Greenberg, thinking he puts Elias on the first instead, who btw would be a top scorer with Rasmussen and Everberg!] - Works fine with me! We can call ourselves "The Three Musketeers". Fine, whatever. But no more top line for you. You should learn to suffer. Breaking the back of star goalie qualifies. Third line!! That was the "Dynamic Duo", Willie adds, thinking of greener days and that Philadelphia is somewhere between Montreal and Nashville, just like the training facilities, Buffalo and Mississauga.

("Rebel Rouser" with Duane Eddy starts in the background)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra and jaro

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Just skimming your post and jesus christ, why?

Anyway: having San Jose, & Nashville as first round winners is very bold of you, they've shown nothing to indicate that they will win their series in the first round.

Also De La Rose is done for the season, and most likely done for the rest of his career too.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Just skimming your post and jesus christ, why?

Anyway: having San Jose, & Nashville as first round winners is very bold of you, they've shown nothing to indicate that they will win their series in the first round.

Also De La Rose is done for the season, and most likely done for the rest of his career too.

Phew, a believer! Thanks for the update on DLR! As you can see we are well prepared. Admittedly taking a gamble on Erik Karlsson's health here. Nashville won first round last year! Just one of those things. And are better this season. At least on paper. You think 100 point team are generally worse than 90 point teams?

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
There's five weeks to the Worlds, but sure some injuries now might be enough to call it a year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lineup vs Slovakia:

Boqvist - Lander - Strömwall
Bristedt - Brithén - Zaar
Elvenes - Rasmussen - Sandin
Mastomäki - Kellman

Holm - Bengtsson
Svedberg - Bertilsson
Andersson - Arnesson

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Is Joel Persson in the loop still for playing with the national team?
I know he played before this season and he has been injured, but apparently he is healthy now.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013

Jesus dude that was painful to read.

Im thinking both Pettersson and Dahlin will join. Both young and hungry after this season.
Lets just hope to everything that is holy that Grönborg doesn't decide to bring a load of slow, old traffic cones that is there for their leadership skills. Unfortunately it seems unlikely he won't since he is Grönborg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
OEL - Larsson: worked so well last year so I think they should at least try them together again.
Lindholm - Dahlin
Klefbom - Brodin
Hjalmarsson/Gustafsson etc.

That would be my D core if I had to chose today.
Possibly Hjalmarsson could swap in for Larsson if he is not as good as he was last year, and I am pretty interested in seeing what Gustafsson can do. I guess I am going with the "safe" pick in Brodin.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Former world champions with Grönborg: (bolded are out of the playoffs now)

Oliver Ekman Larsson (2) - Adam Larsson
Hampus Lindholm
- Jonas Brodin
Alexander Edler
- Erik Gustafsson

Mattias Ekholm - John Klingberg 2 times
Victor Hedman - Anton Strålman
Philip Holm - Mikael Wikstrand

"NEW" world champions with Grönborg could include:

Oscar Klefbom - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Rasmus Dahlin - Niklas Kronwall
(perfect nos. 7 and 8 defensemen?) see and learn for Rasmus and "last nite with the gang" for Kronner.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I guess Columbus will make it. But i think Columbus, Colorado, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Carolina, Islanders, St.Louis will get kicked out of 1st round.

That could give us this possible team:

Lehner
Markström
Nilsson

OEL - Karlsson
Lindholm - Klingberg
Dahlin - Klefbom

Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark
Landeskog - Pettersson - Silfverberg
Wennberg - Söderberg - Marcus Johansson
Sörensen - A.Kempe - Sundqvist

Bratt and Fast instead of Sörensen and Sundqvist if they are not injured.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
I guess Columbus will make it. But i think Columbus, Colorado, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Carolina, Islanders, St.Louis will get kicked out of 1st round.

That could give us this possible team:

Lehner
Markström
Nilsson

OEL - Karlsson
Lindholm - Klingberg
Dahlin - Klefbom

Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark
Landeskog - Pettersson - Silfverberg
Wennberg - Söderberg - Marcus Johansson
Sörensen - A.Kempe - Sundqvist

Bratt and Fast instead of Sörensen and Sundqvist if they are not injured.
Lindblom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad