WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fast has a shoulder injury. They are saying he might be shut down for the season. He's had this injury for a lot of the season, and doesn't participate in the majority of practices.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Pettersson, zibanejad, rakell, silfverberg, landeskog, bratt

Would also take a chance on victor Olofsson

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Two things:

1. Colorado is 1 point away from a playoff spot with a game in hand on Minnesota.
2. He's expected to be back early-mid April.

Edit:

Also, Bratt is injured week-to-week, so he might not be available.

yeah but i dont think col will make it. and he coming to WHC after being injured for weeks will not happen.

alexander nylander?

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
with current nhl standings:

Söderberg - Pettersson - Silfverberg
Rakell - Zibanejad - A.Nylander
Lindblom - Lander - Lindberg
M.Kempe - A.Kempe - Grundström

Dahlin - Lindholm
OEL - Hjalmarsson
Klefbom - A.Larsson

Nilsson
Markström
Ullmark

+ reinforcement from the playoffs

not counting on fast, landeskog, bratt, eriksson ek due to injuries. and i dont think lundqvist is gonna play.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hmm lineup:

Holm - Bertilsson
Svedberg - Bengtsson
Andersson - Arnesson

Rasmussen - Lander - Strömvall
Boqvist - Kellman - Elvenes
Bristedt - Brithen - Zaar
Brodecki - Mastomäki - Sandin

The giant Svedberg is flying under the rader, done a great job in KHL.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Earlier tournaments we have had four good NHL defensemen. Five with Ekholm joining late last WC. This year look promising we we might get six or seven!

Ekman-Larsson – Larsson
Lindholm – Klingberg
Dahlin – Brodin
Edler – Gustafsson
Klefbom – Holm (KHL) etc.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Lundqvist might want to play, he's had a mentally tough season, playing behind a garbage team. If he doesn't want to/ can't, Sweden still have alot of good goalies; Markström, Ullmark, Nilsson and if NYI doesn't make the playoffs, even Lehner.

Let's hope Zibanejad can play, he's playing such great hockey and would be a very solid addition to the national team. If most NHL'ers want to win gold again, we should have good chances to take the gold triple.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Seems like Landeskog is already back, thats good news.

Olofsson off to a good start in Buffalo. I hope Grönborg gives him a tryout.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Seems like Landeskog is already back, thats good news.

Olofsson off to a good start in Buffalo. I hope Grönborg gives him a tryout.

Would not count Landeskog in just yet. After Avs big win last night they should make it to the playoffs. Will probably be eliminated in the first round though, but still.

I think Olofsson will be in. We won't have that many eliteforwards this year i believe so he will make it.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Non-playoffs dmen available looks like an embarrassment of riches:

OEL, Klefbom, Lindholm, Brodin, Gustafsson, Hjalmarsson, Larsson, & Dahlin. Edler doesn't have a contract so not including him. Out of those; OEL, Klefbom, & Lindholm should be the only locks.

As for playoffs dmen, EK probably won't come if Sharks is knocked out(which is likely if Fleury's healthy come playoffs) due to becoming an UFA, & injuries.

So that leaves Hedman, Klingberg, & Ekholm as the only playoffs dmen I'd be interested in including when looking at the current list. Hedman is a pipe dream, but the other two there's a good possibility of becoming available.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Lundqvist might want to play, he's had a mentally tough season, playing behind a garbage team. If he doesn't want to/ can't, Sweden still have alot of good goalies; Markström, Ullmark, Nilsson and if NYI doesn't make the playoffs, even Lehner.

Let's hope Zibanejad can play, he's playing such great hockey and would be a very solid addition to the national team. If most NHL'ers want to win gold again, we should have good chances to take the gold triple.

I'd rather give Markström the starter job than Lundqvist, he's been very good this season.

Reactions: EK47

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'd rather give Markström the starter job than Lundqvist, he's been very good this season.
He has been great, I would have no quarrels with giving him the #1 position. However, Lundqvist is still Lundqvist and he has been playing behind absolute manure. Canucks suck, but Rangers are pure shit. Anyway, I agree with your notion that Markström has been excellent and deserves a long, hard look. If both Lundqvist and Markström would join the team, I think it's fair they would have to compete for the #1 spot. Even Ullmark has been very solid and Nilsson is growing.
Non-playoffs dmen available looks like an embarrassment of riches:

OEL, Klefbom, Lindholm, Brodin, Gustafsson, Hjalmarsson, Larsson, & Dahlin. Edler doesn't have a contract so not including him. Out of those; OEL, Klefbom, & Lindholm should be the only locks.

As for playoffs dmen, EK probably won't come if Sharks is knocked out(which is likely if Fleury's healthy come playoffs) due to becoming an UFA, & injuries.

So that leaves Hedman, Klingberg, & Ekholm as the only playoffs dmen I'd be interested in including when looking at the current list. Hedman is a pipe dream, but the other two there's a good possibility of becoming available.
I think it would go far before Sweden could feel it's an "embarrassment" when it comes to calling for NHL D-men. I think we even match Canada, possibly better when it comes to punch by weight. All are modern, mobile, puck moving, reliable D-men. We can't go wrong, really, as long as it isn't some corrupt decision to bring in some dolt from SHL in an important position. All Swedish NHL D-men knows how to play Swedish hockey, end of story, really.

I don't know about you and your requirements, but only leaving three guys to be interested in... I mean, what? Are you kidding? Swedish D-men is the last position to be worried about, for any national team, really. Even Canada would accept Sweden's D. We have a swarm of quality D. No worries. We have 31 D-men who have played 20 NHL games or more. I'm kind of relaxed about that situation. Sure, they're not all elite, but they know how to play Swedish hockey.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think it would go far before Sweden could feel it's an "embarrassment" when it comes to calling for NHL D-men. I think we even match Canada, possibly better when it comes to punch by weight. All are modern, mobile, puck moving, reliable D-men. We can't go wrong, really, as long as it isn't some corrupt decision to bring in some dolt from SHL in an important position. All Swedish NHL D-men knows how to play Swedish hockey, end of story, really.

I don't know about you and your requirements, but only leaving three guys to be interested in... I mean, what? Are you kidding? Swedish D-men is the last position to be worried about, for any national team, really. Even Canada would accept Sweden's D. We have a swarm of quality D. No worries. We have 31 D-men who have played 20 NHL games or more. I'm kind of relaxed about that situation. Sure, they're not all elite, but they know how to play Swedish hockey.
Embarrassment of riches - Wikipedia

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Simon Hjalmarsson is on fire, back in the shape he had 2013-2014. Could be a good option for the 4th line.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think we can count on most guys to come these days. The question is what players we want to invite straight away and how many spots we dare to hold open for first round exits. I'd say we can easily wait with 8-9 spots considering the first round is over well in time before the first game starts. Stick to a little more than half a team for now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
He has been great, I would have no quarrels with giving him the #1 position. However, Lundqvist is still Lundqvist and he has been playing behind absolute manure. Canucks suck, but Rangers are pure ****. Anyway, I agree with your notion that Markström has been excellent and deserves a long, hard look. If both Lundqvist and Markström would join the team, I think it's fair they would have to compete for the #1 spot. Even Ullmark has been very solid and Nilsson is growing.

Indeed!

But near heaven there are all sorts of problems... a lot of our top defenders play left side so those who play right, like Larsson an Gustafsson are extra valuable. Also, on a third pairing Gustafsson might need a more defensive partner. I would not cry if that is Hägg but we probably could do better. Edler is UFA so there might be contract talks. Dahlin probably could fill that role ... just because he's Rasmus Dahlin. Brodin is possible here. Remember when we start to win championships we usually have two super defense lines that suddenly get more ice time at 46:37. OEL and Larsson is a lock and personally I wish for Klingberg to join Hampus Lindholm like last year. Brodin has played right before (but left now in Minnesota) so he might join buddy Klefbom on one pairing. I mean, c'mon... Hjalmarsson... would be extremely suitable here but... who knows? And... more than half of all players asked end up NOT playing so... tables and stats are already waiting for this caravan no matter what country the player represent... but, c'mon! It's time for a Greenborg-ish HAT TRICK!!!

Possible and wanted right away:

3. Erik Gustafsson (D) Chicago Blackhawks 75 17 39 56 0.75 30 -9
7. Oliver Ekman Larsson (D) Arizona Coyotes 78 14 30 44 0.56 46 -13
8. Rasmus Dahlin (D) Buffalo Sabres 79 8 33 41 0.52 34 -14
9. Oscar Klefbom (D) Edmonton Oilers 57 5 22 27 0.47 16 -7
10. Hampus Lindholm (D) Anaheim Ducks 74 6 22 28 0.38 44 -13
16. Adam Larsson (D) Edmonton Oilers 78 3 17 20 0.26 42 -24
21. Jonas Brodin (D) Minnesota Wild 79 4 13 17 0.22 28 -14

Wait and see:

4. John Klingberg (D) Dallas Stars 61 10 32 42 0.69 12 8
5. Alexander Edler (D) Vancouver Canucks 53 10 21 31 0.58 48 3
15. Marcus Pettersson (D) Pittsburgh Penguins 81 2 22 24 0.30 66 17
17. Robert Hägg (D) Philadelphia Flyers 79 5 15 20 0.25 61 1
20. Gustav Forsling (D) Chicago Blackhawks 40 3 6 9 0.23 26 -8
29. Niklas Hjalmarsson (D) Arizona Coyotes 79 0 10 10 0.13 44 8
35. Erik Brännström (D) Ottawa Senators 2 0 0 0 0.00 0 0 (*)

Forget about:

1. Erik Karlsson (D) San Jose Sharks 52 3 42 45 0.87 20 3
2. Victor Hedman (D) Tampa Bay Lightning 70 12 42 54 0.77 44 24
6. Mattias Ekholm (D) Nashville Predators 77 8 36 44 0.57 43 21
11. Anton Strålman (D) Tampa Bay Lightning 45 2 15 17 0.38 8 12
13. Niklas Kronwall (D) Detroit Red Wings 76 3 23 26 0.34 40 -4

Probably not better than KHL-Holm or SEL-Wikstrand:

Tim Heed, Carl Gunnarsson, Christian Djoos, Rasmus Andersson, Lawrence Pilut, Oliver Kylington, Fredrik Claesson, Carl Dahlström, Joakim Ryan, Christian Folin, Patrik Nemeth, Jacob Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Oscar Fantenberg, Gabriel Carlsson, Anton Lindholm

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Good news that Landeskog is not only healthy but is playing as well as ever so far. Should either miss the playoffs or get bumped in the first round, and he rarely says no to the national team. Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad