Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
A team often takes on the personality of its coach, it would help if Knob showed a pulse behind the bench. Even keel is great but it’s the Stanley cup playoffs, show some emotion, get fired up or pissed off, your team might show some too.
To be fair, he very briefly looked like he was gonna cry after the 3 goal Canucks comeback.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I actually thought Zadoroz would get a single game and Soucy would get multiple games... possibly even 5.

They gave Zadoroz a stinking fine so far.

Reactions: elmeroil

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
If we had .850 save percentage goaltending we would be up 3-0. Any blame to anyone else other than Stuart is Pejorative Slured

Reactions: Oilhawks

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
If Henrique is good to go you go back to the la series lines period with the exception being Carrick in for Ryan and foegele in the press box

Reactions: Oilhawks

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Win this and it’s a best of 3.

We saw one line control possession and double them up on HDSC for virtually 2/3 of the game.

Once again, the difference was a few soft goals and a few posts.

So as long as you can get one bottom 9 forward to create something offensively and as long as you get any degree of bounce back from Skinner or an average game from Pickard, we can take the game. Just need things to even out a little.

Also, can’t be complete bitches and be letting anyone take liberties like they did at the end of last game.

I think there was a reason the vast majority of people said Oilers in 6 or 7. Still a very real possibility.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A team often takes on the personality of its coach, it would help if Knob showed a pulse behind the bench. Even keel is great but it’s the Stanley cup playoffs, show some emotion, get fired up or pissed off, your team might show some too.
KK was angry after the Zadorov-bench minor saw off and was vocal and pretty demonstrative. Most angry I've ever seen him. They didn't show him after his star player was getting mauled after final whistle.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Our losses this series haven't even made me mad just... idk sad or something. Same f***ing problems with this team since 2018 wasting the prime of Mcdavid and Drai.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Canucks fans crying about it too.

Soucy sucks. At least he’s better than Cole’s been, but he won’t be missed that much. Big (Empty Head) Z was the one that we needed suspended

It's funny that they call Zadarov that like anyone else is going to forget there's only one Big Z.

5MYOCSDMVBHHRLA3HPPF5XQA7I

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

An Inch away from the Adam's apple.

Reading the comments in the youtube on that leads one to further realize what idiots nucks fans are. To a person they are all applauding the utter cowardice of a simultaneous assault, in front and behind of the best player in the world AFTER the game expired.

Several of them saying "Connor McDavid deserves that"

Interesting how deluded people can become in fan fervor.

its also a cultural signpost of our times that says its OK to attack somebody from behind, its OK for two or more people to assault simultaneously. its the verbal antics of school kids raised to believe that two or more on one is somehow OK, that hitting somebody from behind is somehow honorable. You have to wonder about the socialization of these multitudes with these attitudes.

Idiots like that deserve to be watching a level of hockey that doesn't include great players, just idiots like Soucy. Idiots like this went to the wrong schools in the wrong eras.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
KK was angry after the Zadorov-bench minor saw off and was vocal and pretty demonstrative. Most angry I've ever seen him. They didn't show him after his star player was getting mauled after final whistle.
We need a disposable thug to do what they just did to the two best players on the planet, I guess we're back to that.

Maybe someone gets tomahawk chopped across the wrist next game.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Skinner's cooked. Knoblauch is a bad poker player and I think his post game presser waffling suggests he's moved on to Pickard for game 4. Team has a low bar asking for only average goaltending. Pickard resets the biggest weakness that has been exploited.

I'd move Nugent Hopkins back to Line 1 and reunite the most dominant line in the regular season. Give McDavid back his distributor guy that can help open ice for him. Draisaitl needs to drive Line 2 with Holloway injected to add speed, heavy forecheck game and with Kane. Can still find time, if needed for McDavid Draisaitl Stack Line in game but there's zero support scoring when this team runs its five best players as a unit.

Carrick in at 4C and Ryan shifted to wing where he can still help with his smart play but have a bigger body taking the centre ice responsibilities. Brown out and Gagner in for an energy boost and greater willingness to play in hard areas. Think Stetcher's capabilities are being overrated. Sounds like Henrique injury has him too compromised.

Nugent Hopkins - McDavid - Draisaitl
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Gagner
Foegele - Carrick - Ryan
Hyman?

• Haha
Reactions: elmeroil

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
If Soucey isn’t suspended I would have no issue at all with someone running Hughes from behind or sticking out a knee. If the league won’t send the message that plays like that aren’t acceptable then the team needs to. Sadly I think they’ll come out passive and game 4 will be a low emotion game like has happened in previous years.
The league is sending a message either way....it's either suspension or it's open season on star players. Send in Carrick or some other plug to headhunt late in the 3rd.

Reactions: nabob and elmeroil

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Skinner's cooked. Knoblauch is a bad poker player and I think his post game presser waffling suggests he's moved on to Pickard for game 4. Team has a low bar asking for only average goaltending. Pickard resets the biggest weakness that has been exploited.

I'd move Nugent Hopkins back to Line 1 and reunite the most dominant line in the regular season. Give McDavid back his distributor guy that can help open ice for him. Draisaitl needs to drive Line 2 with Holloway injected to add speed, heavy forecheck game and with Kane. Can still find time, if needed for McDavid Draisaitl Stack Line in game but there's zero support scoring when this team runs its five best players as a unit.

Carrick in at 4C and Ryan shifted to wing where he can still help with his smart play but have a bigger body taking the centre ice responsibilities. Brown out and Gagner in for an energy boost and greater willingness to play in hard areas. Think Stetcher's capabilities are being overrated. Sounds like Henrique injury has him too compromised.

Nugent Hopkins - McDavid - Draisaitl
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Gagner
Foegele - Carrick - Ryan
Ummmm did you just bench their leading scorer in the playoffs?

• Haha
Reactions: Mez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad