WC: Team Canada 2024

NaughtyNolanator

Mar 17, 2024
I know that there is a lot of quality National Hockey League talent available, and certain playoff implications that could occur, but I could also see a majority of players pass up on the opportunity. And yes, I know that Hockey Canada has "suggested" attendance in regards to Olympic participation, but here it goes:

Connor Zary - Mason McTavish - Connor Bedard
Zach Benson - Dylan Cozens - Peyton Krebs
Jake Neighbours - Connor McMichael - Dawson Mercer
Lawson Crouse - Jack McBain - Dylan Guenther

Owen Power - Jacob Bernard-Docker
Bowen Byram - Calen Addison
Kaiden Ghule - Justin Barron
Kevin Korchinski - Owen Zellweger

Connor Ingram - Joel Hofer - Samuel Montembault

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bijelo

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I know that there is a lot of quality National Hockey League talent available, and certain playoff implications that could occur, but I could also see a majority of players pass up on the opportunity. And yes, I know that Hockey Canada has "suggested" attendance in regards to Olympic participation, but here it goes:

Nick Suzuki is better then half those forwards

• Haha
Reactions: Bijelo

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway

Keep in mind the UFA/RFA's. Quite a logical team this, but Krebs, Mercer, Addison og Barron is UFA/RFA after this season, and will likely not participate in any Worlds without a new one in place.

Reactions: NaughtyNolanator

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Other than the top of the lineup, this team is peppered with ELC players. Call it a casting call for the 2026 Olympics - You want to be considered, get you ass to Prague this spring.
Of course still a little projection on some 1st. rd. playoff early exits.
Hate to breakup the McT-Bedard connection, but Johnston is outperforming McT and deserves to run and gun with young Connor.
Fingers still crossed for RFA Byfield to join the party. But I imagine Doughty is in his ear telling him not to play.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
C ZARY
N SUZUKI​
D COZENS​
D GUENTHER
W JOHNSTON
C BEDARD
J NEIGHBOURS
M MCTAVISH
L STANKOVEN

T FOERSTER R CREIG

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
C PARAYKO​
B BYRAM​
J BERNARD-DOCKER​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​

Last edited:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I want Monty in the nets again. He was our best player last year and is going to be available again, only makes sense.

That would be great, but how often do we get Canadian players agreeing to this in consecutive years?

It happens, sure! but I wouldn't count on it.

My roster check list.
Availability non playoff team ✅
Player is active on the roster not on IR ✅
Probable 1st. rd. exit from PO ✅
Player is under contract for the following season ✅
Did not play the previous tournament ✅

Depending on the player, number 4 and 5 can be applied somewhat liberally. i.e. Byfield is a pending RFA, but really would like to see him accept an invite, as the experience could really be the next and final step into his development. Beast mode.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That would be great, but how often do we get Canadian players agreeing to this in consecutive years?

My roster check list.

Depending on the player, number 4 and 5 can be applied somewhat liberally. i.e. Byfield is a pending RFA, but really would like to see him accept an invite, as the experience could really be the next and final step into his development. Beast mode.
There he is. Always the early morning posts. :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

My roster check list.

I think Monty is the type of guy who would go for it in consecutive years, you get the feeling he is still somewhat surprised he is a starter in this league and is still just happy to be here.

Byfield would be just great.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Unfortunately Robert Thomas is suspended, so he is not an option.

Mercer is in his last year of contract, so thats also not very likely.

Devils is not the best team for Canada, while it would definitely benefit Switzerland (Hischier, Siegenthaler, Meier), Sweden (Holtz, Bratt), Czech (Palat), Slovakia (Nemec) and USA (Hughes) more.
With the Devils almost certainly missing the playoffs it sure could bring up the excitement and talent level if most of those players go to the tournament.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Crosby is healthy I wouldn't be shocked to see him go over. I can't see him being content with 2 straight years of no meaningful Spring hockey.
I'd be shocked if he went over actually.

He is on the downward side of his career and if it was the Olympics it would be one thing but...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The way Florida is playing, don't expect the Leafs to be out in Round One, so they'll be NO Leafs in Czechia in 2024...

THIS... IS... THE... YEAR !!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Team Canada GM Rick Nash has reached out to both Bedard and McTavish about the May tourney. It's heating up, hockey fans.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad