WC: Team Canada 2024

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Which Canadians forwards born 1998-2003 (aged out of Juniors, young pro hockey players, aged 20-25) do you think will challenge for future best on best consideration? They would seem most likely candidates to go and bring value. Sorting by career NHL points to date for each year.

1998:
Pierre-Luc Dubois
Jordan Kyrou
Drake Batherson
Brandon Hagel
Tyson Jost
Dillon Dube
Sam Steel
Brett Howden
Michal McLeod
Morgan Geekie

1999:
Robert Thomas
Nick Suzuki
Owen Tippett
Michael Rasmussen
Gabriel Vilardi
Maxime Comtois
Morgan Frost
Ryan McLeod
Cody Glass
Alex Formenton

2000:
Barrett Hayton
Joseph Veleno
Jack McBain
Ty Dellandrea
Liam Foudy
Nolan Foote
Benoit-Olivier Grouix
Riley Damiani
Tyler Angle
Gabriel Fortier

2001:
Dylan Cozens
Dawson Mercer
Alexis Lafreniere
Kirby Dach
Alex Newhook
Philip Tomasino
Peyton Krebs
Jack Quinn
Connor McMichael
Connor Zary

2002:
Seth Jarvis
Cole Perfetti
Quinton Byfield
Kent Johnson
Luke Evangelista
Jake Neighbours
Ridly Greig
Tyson Foerster
Will Cuyle
Hendrix Lapierre

2003:
Mason McTavish
Wyatt Johnston
Cole Sillinger
Dylan Guenther
Joshua Roy
Ryan Winterton
Brennan Othmann
Logan Stankoven* (hasn't made NHL debut yet, highest AHL scorer)
Zachary L'Heureux* (hasn't made NHL debut yet, next highest AHL scorer)
Zachary Bolduc* (hasn't made NHL debut yet, next highest AHL scorer)

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Historically what's the chance that RFA's or UFA's play?

Not quite 0%, but close to o%.

RFAs are more likely to play than an older UFA...

I'm hoping that Byfield (should L.A get eliminated) would agree to an invite and some Team Canada action. his motivation would be wanting to be in the conversation for some not too distant in the future Best v Best tournament. I think he would mesh well on a line with Hagel and Point.

That would be an exceptional 1st. line for the WHC ...but the chances of seeing it are extremely low.

We are more likely to see something along the lines of Carcone Suzuki Joseph.

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update. 4 late additions after 1st. rd. PO eliminations. And Bedard declines an invite citing long year and recovering from injury. Disappointing. but that is the way it goes.
Konecny agrees for a shot to play with cousin Bo.
Byfield is a longshot as an RFA, but fingers crossed.

not quite a Prague powerhouse. but good enough to get the job done. depending on who they pick up to coach this team.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
Q BYFIELD
C ZARY​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS J NEIGHBOURS​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
J WALMAN
C PARAYKO​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​

Ayiluss

May 29, 2021
Roster update. 4 late additions after 1st. rd. PO eliminations. And Bedard declines an invite citing long year and recovering from injury. Disappointing. but that is the way it goes.

not quite a Prague powerhouse. but good enough to get the job done. depending on who they pick up to coach this team.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
Q BYFIELD
C ZARY​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS J NEIGHBOURS​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
J WALMAN
C PARAYKO​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
Q BYFIELD
C ZARY​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS J NEIGHBOURS​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
J WALMAN
C PARAYKO​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​
Are Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou allowed to play? Good list otherwise.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Are Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou allowed to play? Good list otherwise.

Currently no, the full 2018 WJHC Team Canada ban is still in place. but by the time this tournament rolls around that full team member ban will only apply to the 5 individuals facing chargers.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Currently no, the full 2018 WJHC Team Canada ban is still in place. but by the time this tournament rolls around that full team member ban will only apply to the 5 individuals facing chargers.
Or the other 3 also get charged as the investigation continues. Also possible they all get released and are innocent.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Would like to see Owen Tippett and Jack Quinn get a look if spots are available.

Quinn played last year and was good. I thought Tippett played as well, but checking the roster it appears as though he didn't. Would be decent selections if they played this year.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
You’d like to think they’d lift the ban now that they have named off the 5 guys.. who knows though because wasn’t it originally 8 they will probably want to know the other 3 before lifting the ban

Reactions: therealdeal

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
Q BYFIELD
C ZARY​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS J NEIGHBOURS​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
J WALMAN
C PARAYKO​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​
Man, can’t believe you’re counting Bedard out already! Maybe he wants some hockey!

But if we got this lineup that would be awesome. 😎

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Man, can’t believe you’re counting Bedard out already! Maybe he wants some hockey!

But if we got this lineup that would be awesome. 😎

I want him to play, but I can already here, 'it's been a long year! injury Body needs to rest and recover" It's only my defense mechanism to avoid disappointment in late April when TSN breaks the news with a live feed cutting into regularly scheduled programming with the Bedard decision. I imagine Fantilli will also turn down an invite.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I want him to play, but I can already here, 'it's been a long year! injury Body needs to rest and recover" It's only my defense mechanism to avoid disappointment in late April when TSN breaks the news with a live feed cutting into regularly scheduled programming with the Bedard decision. I imagine Fantilli will also turn down an invite.

I think you have a good chance of being correct. But it wouldn’t shock me to see him there. Seems like a gamer.

What are your hopes on Crosby? He’s getting older, I think he wants to play as much as he can. I’m hoping he goes!

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I think you have a good chance of being correct. But it wouldn’t shock me to see him there. Seems like a gamer.

What are your hopes on Crosby? He’s getting older, I think he wants to play as much as he can. I’m hoping he goes!

ZERO! It would be nice! But the only way I see it happening is if my beloved Avs **** the bed in the opening rd., and his Cole Habour training buddy gives him a call and says "we still can play some games". Otherwise Sid just saves himself for one final best on best in 2026.

The 2025 ALL Star format silliness announced yesterday I'm not counting as a legit international tournament,

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm also optimistic that the quality of players going to this tournament is going to go up.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
A FANTILLI​
M MCTAVISH​
Q BYFIELD
C ZARY​
N SUZUKI​
M JOSEPH​

D COZENS J NEIGHBOURS​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
T CHABOT​
O POWER​
M WEEGAR​
J WALMAN
C PARAYKO​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​

Number one player I'd like to see attend, if the standings ended where they are today, is Dobson. He could become one of the very best defencemen in the NHL. Barzal and Konecny, especially as a line, are intriguing as well. I'm somewhat more optimistic that Bedard will go now after seeing him go out of his way to attend the all star game and be around all of that.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I'm also optimistic that the quality of players going to this tournament is going to go up.

Number one player I'd like to see attend, if the standings ended where they are today, is Dobson. He could become one of the very best defencemen in the NHL. Barzal and Konecny, especially as a line, are intriguing as well. I'm somewhat more optimistic that Bedard will go now after seeing him go out of his way to attend the all star game and be around all of that.

The All Star appearance has made me a little more optimistic as well that Bedard plays. Fingers crossed. 🤞

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Given that Hockey Canada announced that all 2018 World Junior Team Canada players remained suspended - it's roster up date time.
I'm hoping we get a couple of TBL players once they make their 1st. rd. exit (Point/Hagel) but I'll settle for just one.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
R FABBRI
N KADRI​
N SUZUKI​
C ZARY​
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
D COZENS​
M JOSEPH​

J NEIGHBOURS J QUINN​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​
O POWER​
J DRYSDALE
T CHABOT​
S DURZI​

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER​

Reactions: jaro

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Overly optimistic beyond any reasonable expectation - But Dare to Dream.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY
J MCCANN​
N SUZUKI​
Q BYFIELD
R FABBRI
M MCTAVISH​
C BEDARD​
J NEIGHBOURS
D COZENS​
M JOSEPH​

C ZARY L EVANGELISTA​

V DUNN​
N DOBSON )​
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​
O POWER​
C PARAYKO
T CHABOT​
J DRYSDALE

C INGRAM​
T JARRY​
J HOFER

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
A DUCLAIR - M BARZAL - C GIROUX
N SUZUKI - L COUTURE - D COZENS
B HAGEL - A HENRIQUE - C BEDARD
A FANTILLI - Z BENSON - J QUINN

I do not know skills defensemen and keeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad