WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Update time.
I'm rather disappointed in Horvat's NYI tenure to date. Not bad enough to drop him completely, but a demotion nonetheless. I've never really ben a big fan of Jeff Skinner, especially at the WHC, so Horvat could take his place at LW. And since TBL will get bounced in the opening rd. (maybe who knows) Point takes his place. 5 additions after the 1st. rd is pushing it, but within reason.

B HAGEL
B POINT
D BATHERSON​
B HORVAT
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​

I could see Hagel going for the experience but if we get bounced early, I think Point would opt for his first long offseason in 3 years over playing.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Update time.
I'm rather disappointed in Horvat's NYI tenure to date. Not bad enough to drop him completely, but a demotion nonetheless. I've never really ben a big fan of Jeff Skinner, especially at the WHC, so Horvat could take his place at LW. And since TBL will get bounced in the opening rd. (maybe who knows) Point takes his place. 5 additions after the 1st. rd is pushing it, but within reason.

B HAGEL
B POINT
D BATHERSON​
B HORVAT
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​

I think Mike Matheson will get a call. He's been an absolute stud on the ice when healthy. On the international sized ice, his skating will be fun to watch even more.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Well that's a new wrinkle on things. so, Thomas, Kyrou, Hart and Batherson are out + all other 2018 WJHC roster players ineligible until further notice.

May have to scratch Chychrun as well. on the IR as usual. We shall see. There will be a lot of rejections and the final team will be a real team of no-namers much like the 2021 tournament. which was quite the blast. so, who knows.

B HAGEL
B POINT
T TOFFOLI​
K JOHNSON​
B HORVAT
N SUZUKI​
J SKINNER​
D COZENS​
J QUINN​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

S MONTEMBEAULT​
E COMRI​
D LEVI​

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
If those you listed are "no-namers", then I'm not even a human being, but an insect.

(Then again, my username ain't Gold Standard – more like Mud Standard, I'm afraid.)

No, my rosters are overly optimistic. I'm not expecting anything close to that.

Maybe I'll do a roster of no-namers this weekend for giggles.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
What about Owen Beck if Peterborough gets knocked out early in the OHL playoffs? Seems like the kind of player we'd take along for the ride if some of the bigger name options back out.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Think Bedard definitely gets the call but what about Fantilli? College guys always suit up for the states but there’s Benn no talk of him being anywhere near this rister

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Think Bedard definitely gets the call but what about Fantilli? College guys always suit up for the states but there’s Benn no talk of him being anywhere near this rister
I would definitely give him a spot, his World Junior tournament may have been mid but his production and play since returning from there to Michigan has been ridiculous. Scored the tie goal vs Penn State and is a big reason why Michigan is back in the Frozen Four.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Maybe some players from the european leagues will get a chance. Like was the cause with Eric O'Dell and Justin Danforth.

Some interesting names:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe some players from the european leagues will get a chance. Like was the cause with Eric O'Dell and Justin Danforth.

Some interesting names:

You never know what will happen if a ton of NHLers refuse. Except with Formenton. In that case we know.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Some interesting names:

Formenton is barred

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Can someone make potential Team Canada roster prediction with lesser known players(if thats the case this year)? I know that predicting Team Canada is almost an impossible task but maybe some canadian might try. Gold Standard? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad