WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Wifi has expressed interest in playing for the Czechs too! It's about time you Canucks stopped robbing Czechs of their players... Bonk, Svoboda, Stastny, Nedved, Musil and now wifi. US are no better - Pivonka, Hejduk x 2 and Fischer. It's clearly a conspiracy as I don't see any McDavid's, Crosby's or Mackinnon's on the Czech side.lol

Yes, it'd be funny to watch him crush a few Euro Leaguers... down goes Kase, down goes Chlapik.lol You should bring Reeves, Lucic and Simmonds (both free yesterday) as your fourth line!
LOL. I only wish these Czech players turned out good for us. Perhaps Bonk can change that, we haven't got a lot of mileage out of these Czech duals yet. Nedved worked out the best for us so far being an important player on that olympic team but even he flew the coop at the first chance he got.

As for wifi, don't worry..........we will lock him in this WHC, and man is he ever gong to piss off European fans at their annual shin ding Skodas, I can feel the hate already.

Gonna love him draped in the Maple Leaf!!

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
American Thanksgiving Day roster addition. Apologies to @Czechboy but your Oilers are still outside a PO spot. and Bouchard is pending RFA. so, most likely he will decline any invite. I like this team.

@jj cale there you go. some Chychrun for you. Hopefully he can stay off LTIR.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
D BATHERSON
J HUBERDEAU​
N SUZUKI
K DACH
B HAGEL​
B POINT​
A MANTHA​
K JOHNSON
C VERHAEGHE​
D GUENTHER

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD

J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
M WEEGAR​
A XHEKAJ K GUHLE

D KUEMPER​
C HART
D LEVI
You can forget about ekblad, huberdeau, mcdavid

Won’t happen

This is for the young , mcdavid already attended this and won’t. Guaranteed

Also ekblad with his concussion issues you can forget it

Put in Bouchard and maybe nurse if he wants

• Wow
Reactions: jaro

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Wifi has expressed interest in playing for the Czechs too! It's about time you Canucks stopped robbing Czechs of their players... Bonk, Svoboda, Stastny, Nedved, Musil and now wifi. US are no better - Pivonka, Hejduk x 2 and Fischer. It's clearly a conspiracy as I don't see any McDavid's, Crosby's or Mackinnon's on the Czech side.lol

Yes, it'd be funny to watch him crush a few Euro Leaguers... down goes Kase, down goes Chlapik.lol You should bring Reeves, Lucic and Simmonds (both free yesterday) as your fourth line!
Would definitely make more sense for him to choose the Czech’s so he could get the chance to play in the Olympics or World cup in the future

Reactions: Czechboy

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Bedard should be getting an invite for sure

If available, he should be there. He may get traded to a Mem Cup contender which would likely keep him busy for the month of May. In which case we will just have to wait a year for him to make his senior men's team debut.

Reactions: peconcan

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Now that the dust has settled from an exceptional WJC - time to update a possible WHC roster.

A trio of TBL players could be late additions.

But I'm counting on a trio of Avs players showing up if in fact that miss out on a PO spot.

And of course, Bedard will, in all likelihood, be available in May. Could make this tournament must see TV in Canada.

J SKINNER​
N MACKINNON​
T KONECNY​
N PAUL
B POINT
M BARZAL​
B HAGEL
R THOMAS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
D BATHERSON​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

D TOEWS​
C MAKAR​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
T CHABOT​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER​
B MONTOUR​

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​

Reactions: HockeyFan101

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
How about Crosby and his last dance on worlds ?

It would be great if he did. The only thing I think convinces him is his close friendship with MacKinnon. A chance to play one last significant international tournament with his Nova Scotia pal as his RWer. I'd love to see it. Chances of it happening? Almost Zero. not quite zero. but almost.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It would be great if he did. The only thing I think convinces him is his close friendship with MacKinnon. A chance to play one last significant international tournament with his Nova Scotia pal as his RWer. I'd love to see it. Chances of it happening? Almost Zero. not quite zero. but almost.
That's a good point. Crosby looks like an obvious no for this tournament going forward, but if MacKinnon (and maybe also Marchand) was available by fluke you never know.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update time for everybody's favorite Skodas.

Still have my only playoff late additions as the 3 TBL players.
Even though Cozens is a RFA, I'm hoping Hockey Canada can convince him that playing on a line with Bedard would be epic.

Gold Medal contender edition # I've lost count.

B HAGEL
B POINT
M BARZAL​
J SKINNER​
N SUZUKI​
K DACH​
M MCTAVISH​
D COZENS​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
C VERHAEGHE​
T KONECNY​

D BATHERSON K JOHNSON​

J CHYCHRUN​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
T CHABOT​
R PULOCK​

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​

Reactions: jj cale and jaro

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
It’s going to be the Bedard show and he’s going to be MVP like Laine in his draft year. He’s going to start in the bottom 6 or extra forward but he’ll be on the top line by the end of it

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
It’s going to be the Bedard show and he’s going to be MVP like Laine in his draft year. He’s going to start in the bottom 6 or extra forward but he’ll be on the top line by the end of it

Hopefully we get to see him a couple of times before his NHL team is good enough to go on deep playoff runs. He could really add some juice to this tournament this year.

Reactions: peconcan

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Watching Regina last night vs Calgary and they are going to have severe trouble in the WHL playoffs if they get there. Their defense was not really good and Bedard singlehandedly won that game for them last minute and in the shootout. Him and Fantilli should more than likely be available in May.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Watching Regina last night vs Calgary and they are going to have severe trouble in the WHL playoffs if they get there. Their defense was not really good and Bedard singlehandedly won that game for them last minute and in the shootout. Him and Fantilli should more than likely be available in May.

Fantilli on the Men's World Championship team with NHLers? I don't like that idea. Bedard yes - Fantilli no.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Fantilli on the Men's World Championship team with NHLers? I don't like that idea. Bedard yes - Fantilli no.
I somewhat question whether Bedard would go. He has the draft coming up and already had a huge international tournament this year. Wouldn't hold it against him either way. As for Fantilli, I'd be fine with him going but I wouldn't expect more than a decent fourth line performance.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I think he'll be fine. He wouldn't be playing important match-ups and would get experience and practice playing against NHLers and pros from Europe before getting drafted. Power had a decent tournament in 2021 even though he's a different position altogether and grew into a key role as the tournament progressed that year.

Reading his prospect board, Fantilli has now been scoring against the top college teams in bunches since the world juniors.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I think he'll be fine. He wouldn't be playing important match-ups and would get experience and practice playing against NHLers and pros from Europe before getting drafted. Power had a decent tournament in 2021 even though he's a different position altogether and grew into a key role as the tournament progressed that year.

Reading his prospect board, Fantilli has now been scoring against the top college teams in bunches since the world juniors.

He was scoring in bunches prior to the WJs as well and he really didn't make much of an impact. I'd say play another year in college, play one more WJs and then we'll see about the WHC. maybe. as for Bedard - I'm a definite yes this year.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If I am Bedard, I don't go. You are months away from signing a BIG contract. Why risk it?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
If I am Bedard, I don't go. You are months away from signing a BIG contract. Why risk it?

He is what, months away from a 3 million ELC contract? Hockey Canada does insure player contracts. and they could take our extra insurance for him. It doesn't happen often, but it is not unpresented for draft eligible players to play the WHC prior to the draft. most recent example Team Canada Owen Power.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Mini roster update.

With the news of Horvat inking a new 8 year deal with NYI. He's moved to the eligible list for WHC duty in May.

And on a line with his cousin Vinny. I mean Konecny

Horvat Barzal Konecny

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Roster update time for everybody's favorite Skodas.

Still have my only playoff late additions as the 3 TBL players.
Even though Cozens is a RFA, I'm hoping Hockey Canada can convince him that playing on a line with Bedard would be epic.

Gold Medal contender edition # I've lost count.

B HAGEL
B POINT
M BARZAL​
J SKINNER​
N SUZUKI​
K DACH​
M MCTAVISH​
D COZENS​
C BEDARD​
N PAUL
C VERHAEGHE​
T KONECNY​