WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I can live with - a Hart + Montembault tandem. but honestly, I'm hoping Levi wins the gig as number 1 starter. I got a lot of hope pinned on him becoming our starter for future best on best tourneys. 2 or 3 years down the road.
Levi has been my guy for a few years now, athletic, tracks the puck so well. The potential is there, hoping he sees the nets in the NHL next year and takes off from there. I believe in the kid

He would solve a big problem.

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
What really sux is that Driedger just got cut by the Kracken. Feel really bad for him personally. ACL was expected to be 6-9 months for recovery (ie about now) but he's on the outside now. Hopefully somebody gives him a shot - enough teams looking for tenders. But in addition to the derailment of his career it's a bad reminder for everybody about the injury risks of playing in these things. Really bad news all round.

Reactions: jaro

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
PO standings in flux. and few players starting to go down with injuries that is a little concerning (Barzal)

M DUCHENE​
B HORVAT
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
D BATHERSON​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
R PULOCK

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​
Minor quibble, but his name is spelled Binnington, not Bennington.

Blues players haven’t really been eligible for this tourney for a while so I’ll be interested to see who’s invited and who accepts. I could see Parayko being involved as well.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Minor quibble, but his name is spelled Binnington, not Bennington.

Blues players haven’t really been eligible for this tourney for a while so I’ll be interested to see who’s invited and who accepts. I could see Parayko being involved as well.

I knew that. I blame it on failing eyesight and not always putting on the old reading glasses.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll hit the old edit button.

Hopefully this year we'll get a good contingent of SLB players participating.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Injuries are getting to be a real pain in the ass (Barzal and Konecny) I think we can officially eliminate Barzal from the list. Can't miss this amount of time and then trot off to Europe for LOLs
Goalie addition for @jj cale

J SKINNER​
B HORVAT
D BATHERSON​
J HUBERDEAU​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​

Reactions: jaro and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Injuries are getting to be a real pain in the ass (Barzal and Konecny) I think we can officially eliminate Barzal from the list. Can't miss this amount of time and then trot off to Europe for LOLs

J SKINNER​
B HORVAT
D BATHERSON​
J HUBERDEAU​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​
Gold worthy team.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

J SKINNER​
B HORVAT
D BATHERSON​
J HUBERDEAU​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​
Weren't there a bunch of Oilers in one of your versions?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

J SKINNER​
B HORVAT
D BATHERSON​
J HUBERDEAU​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​
I'd be thrilled to get some of those guys. In particular Thomas, Kyrou, Cozens, Suzuki, Dobson, and Power. I'd let Levi start too.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

J SKINNER​
B HORVAT
D BATHERSON​
J HUBERDEAU​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
B MONTOUR​
O POWER​
A EKBLAD​
A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
M WEEGAR​

C HART​
S MONTEMBEAULT​
D LEVI​
Interesting to see if Huberdeau will go... He just might in an effort to wash the stink off this season.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Weren't there a bunch of Oilers in one of your versions?

When they were a non-playoff team. Currently, the probability is the Oilers not only make the POs, but advance to the 2nd. rd,, therefore eliminating any Oiler player from Team Canada. It's not uncommon for Hockey Canada to add a player after the 2nd. rd., but highly unlikely. Just playing the odds. Could change of course. we're still 53 days to go before puck drop. an eternity.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

I'll put this here since it's a Canuck speaking out. He must be pissed. Golden boy and can't even play for his country at a best on best. Don't blame him!

When the best player in the world can't get them to listen what chance do we have of them listening to us peons?

I call gary Bugsy Bettman now..........................because it seems his one and only interest is his commitment to making it work in the desert.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I'll put this here since it's a Canuck speaking out. He must be pissed. Golden boy and can't even play for his country at a best on best. Don't blame him!

McDavid usually says nothing but I like this and I'll always respect him for saying that he did not want to play on the yung gunz again even though by the time of the theoretical 2020 world cup he would still have been on that team.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
McDavid usually says nothing but I like this and I'll always respect him for saying that he did not want to play on the yung gunz again even though by the time of the theoretical 2020 world cup he would still have been on that team.
He will be on team north america over 35 for the next world cup. All the legends on one team!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
He will be on team north america over 35 for the next world cup. All the legends on one team!

I'm sure there is some NHL marketing executive in NY reading that and thinking, hmmmm. maybe that's the gimmick that sells. You shouldn't encourage these fools.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm sure there is some NHL marketing executive in NY reading that and thinking, hmmmm. maybe that's the gimmick that sells. You shouldn't encourage these fools.
Always remember how important it was that we got to see McDavid and the legendary Jack Eichel together in 2016. Oh the memories.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It'd be a hell of a team! Matthews, Eichel, McDavid, 45 year old Kane... think of the Jersey sales for team greybeard! Make Gretzky the coach. Messier the ambassador. Money! The match between them and the U23 team would be amazing. I think team Rest of Europe would also have a real good shot.

I'll see myself out

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
...Barrett Hayton is having a really good 2nd half. He's also +3 on a weak team. One to consider when this show gets rolling.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Nice management group.. curious though as Yzerman has blocked Euro's from playing internationally recently.

Something tells me that Canada and US will have very strong rosters this time. Finn's should too!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Nice management group.. curious though as Yzerman has blocked Euro's from playing internationally recently.

Something tells me that Canada and US will have very strong rosters this time. Finn's should too!

Wasn't expecting Yzerman to be involved, nice surprise.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

That's a strange GM group in that Armstrong was already entrenched as GM of the big team after Yzerman passed the reins over. Neither really needs to take the job, so I'm somewhat curious about what's going on. Yzerman also hasn't blocked anyone from playing internationally as far as anything I've read, but it does seem that Detroit has at least encouraged players to skip the WJC lately.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's a strange GM group in that Armstrong was already entrenched as GM of the big team after Yzerman passed the reins over. Neither really needs to take the job, so I'm somewhat curious about what's going on. Yzerman also hasn't blocked anyone from playing internationally as far as anything I've read, but it does seem that Detroit has at least encouraged players to skip the WJC lately.
I was referring to the juniors. I think a few Sweden posters were quite ticked at him.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Update time.
I'm rather disappointed in Horvat's NYI tenure to date. Not bad enough to drop him completely, but a demotion nonetheless. I've never really ben a big fan of Jeff Skinner, especially at the WHC, so Horvat could take his place at LW. And since TBL will get bounced in the opening rd. (maybe who knows) Point takes his place. 5 additions after the 1st. rd is pushing it, but within reason.

B HAGEL
B POINT
D BATHERSON​
B HORVAT
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
S BENNETT​
C VERHAEGHE​
S REINHART​