WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Visions of Team Canada this spring in Helsinki with a strong NYI contingent. Nice.

Horvat Barzal Konecny
Pelech Dobson

full Roster update pending.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Visions of Team Canada this spring in Helsinki with a strong NYI contingent. Nice.

Horvat Barzal Konecny
Pelech Dobson

full Roster update pending.

Hopefully we bring a strong roster over, last year left a really bad taste in my mouth, we played well enough to win and came up short.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Hopefully we bring a strong roster over, last year left a really bad taste in my mouth, we played well enough to win and came up short.

Yeah, I'd like to see a 2015 style Prague Powerhouse featuring 17 year old Connor Bedard. That would be cool. I'll be careful with this weekends update. so nobody takes me for a NYI fan. :laugh: only 30 more teams to run through before he guesses correctly.

Reactions: jj cale

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update time. a little less optimistic this weekend on player turnout, and a couple of PO opening rd. matchups look to be changing. i.e, TBL vs. Leafs. and NJD vs NYR.
Would love to get some Avs players in there, but given last season's SC run with a short summer - unlikely to get any help there.
After Mangiapane's heroics from a few years ago, he has an open invite to Team Canada Skodas anytime he wants.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
N SUZUKI​
D BATHERSON​
A BEAUVILLIER​
D COZENS​
D MERCER
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
K DACH​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON
O POWER​
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
A EKBLAD​

J BINNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Roster update time. a little less optimistic this weekend on player turnout, and a couple of PO opening rd. matchups look to be changing. i.e, TBL vs. Leafs. and NJD vs NYR.
Would love to get some Avs players in there, but given last season's SC run with a short summer - unlikely to get any help there.
After Mangiapane's heroics from a few years ago, he has an open invite to Team Canada Skodas anytime he wants.

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
N SUZUKI​
D BATHERSON​
A BEAUVILLIER​
D COZENS​
D MERCER
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
K DACH​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON
O POWER​
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
A EKBLAD​

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​
I don't know how you get enthused about this tournament, every year, but God bless you for it. :thumbu:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't know how you get enthused about this tournament, every year, but God bless you for it. :thumbu:
It's a real good tournament and with the prolonged absence of a superior best on best it's all we have at the senior level right now.

Are the skodas a real world championship ? no, but it can still be compelling hockey where it's strictly about pride, that's worth something.

There has never been a better time to tune in.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It's a real good tournament and with the prolonged absence of a superior best on best it's all we have at the senior level right now.

Are the skodas a real world championship ? no, but it can still be compelling hockey where it's strictly about pride, that's worth something.

There has never been a better time to tune in.
Fair enough. :)

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

It's a good tournament. Didn't really have much of an interest in it until I did a work stint abroad for 8 years, and in doing the expat thing I got to attend 3 tournaments, including Sid the Kid's 1st. tourney in '06. Saw Rick Nash score his gold medal clinching goal in '07. I found an appreciation for it.

It's a good chance for young ELC players to get in their first reps with the men's team. And if we come away with the gold medal, that just makes my first BBQ of the summer season all the better.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It's a good tournament. Didn't really have much of an interest in it until I did a work stint abroad for 8 years, and in doing the expat thing I got to attend 3 tournaments, including Sid the Kid's 1st. tourney in '06. Saw Rick Nash score his gold medal clinching goal in '07. I found an appreciation for it.

It's a good chance for young ELC players to get in their first reps with the men's team. And if we come away with the gold medal, that just makes my first BBQ of the summer season all the better.
Well said. :)

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005

B HORVAT​
M BARZAL​
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
N SUZUKI​
D BATHERSON​
A BEAUVILLIER​
D COZENS​
D MERCER
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
K DACH​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
J CHYCHRUN​
D HAMILTON
O POWER​
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
A EKBLAD​

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​
These rosters you make are always such a tease, would be a super fun team to watch.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
These rosters you make are always such a tease, would be a super fun team to watch.

Well, either this year or next, most likely next, because the wives and GFs of Canadian hockey players love Prague in the springtime, we'll see a 2015 style Prague Powerhouse Team Canada.

Hopefully this year the team is young, super skilled and motivated.

Bedard may start in a limited role, but he may bulldoze himself into a more predominate role as the tournament progresses. I said it to @Czechboy before the World Juniors, unlike other young Canadian phenoms, Bedard defers to nobody. His attitude was I don't care if you've played 9 NHL games I'm here to score goals. I think he will have the same attitude with NHLers in May. If Hockey Canada extends him an invite.

Reactions: Czechboy

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I don't think Bedard has anything to gain from playing in the WCs, he has the #1 spot locked up and he'd be risking injury prior to the draft. I think he would opt out like Laf did.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
If Hockey Canada extends him an invite.
I REALLY hope they do! It'd be amazing to watch. Totally agree .. he'd start slow, be a bit lost, maybe pushed off the puck a few times but with every passing game he'd get stronger. It'd be great for his development. And I'd like to see him play against men!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Bedard has a chance to play and win the championship, it's a better option than sit at home until the draft day.

exactly. some people are just so obsessed with playing fantasy NHL GM and micromanaging a player's career in the abstract than actually being a hockey fan and wanting to watch - oh I don't know - probably going out on a bit of a limb here - players playing hockey. I know, it sounds like a pretty novel idea, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Bedard has a chance to play and win the championship, it's a better option than sit at home until the draft day.
I'd stay at home until I signed an NHL contract...

1676680836016.png

• Haha

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
To spicy it up, i think Canada should go with a full line of players from Juniors and NCAA.

Connor Bedard - Adamo Fantilli - Shane Wright

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
PO standings in flux. and few players starting to go down with injuries that is a little concerning (Barzal)

M DUCHENE​
B HORVAT
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
D BATHERSON​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
R PULOCK

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​

Reactions: jaro and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
PO standings in flux. and few players starting to go down with injuries that is a little concerning (Barzal)

M DUCHENE​
B HORVAT
T KONECNY​
D DUBE​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
K JOHNSON​
D COZENS​
N SUZUKI​
A MANGIAPANE​
C VERHAEGHE​
D BATHERSON​

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD​

A PELECH
N DOBSON
J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
R PULOCK

J BENNINGTON​
C HART​
D LEVI​
Levi needs to be there, Montembault should not be discounted as a potential goalie for this team, he has been real good in nets for us this year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Levi needs to be there, Montembault should not be discounted as a potential goalie for this team, he has been real good in nets for us this year.

I can live with - a Hart + Montembault tandem. but honestly, I'm hoping Levi wins the gig as number 1 starter. I got a lot of hope pinned on him becoming our starter for future best on best tourneys. 2 or 3 years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad