Value of: Taylor Hall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yes, I realize this. But McDavid missing half the year is one reason as to why the Oilers are much better this year than they were last year. Along with improving their defense and getting great goaltending.
Draisaitl before playing Hall 37GP 2G 7A 9Pts
I'm sure the Hall haters will come up with some lame ass theory as to why Draisaitl took the next step and Hall had no positive influence on it at all :laugh:

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
That would include McDavid, Hall, Eberle, Draisaitl, and RNH. Not sure why people want to believe that Doughty was taking a shot at at Hall alone. It was a culture developed by years of **** management and coaching

Well is quite easy to eliminate the players that played d. McD is off that list completely. Nuge wether you like him or not ,played a 2 way game. Drai played with Hall and was learning and trying to establish himself as a NHL regular so not really considered " their top Players". Which leaves Hall and Ebs which also are the players called out by our own fan base.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
I love Hall, and I think he has huge value. At least in Edmonton, whe drove the play whenever he's on the ice and a completely underrated passer. His shot was kind of junk, which was the one thing holding him back. Still - I'd have him back on the Oilers in a second (although probably not for Larsson ;)).

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
Draisaitl before playing Hall 37GP 2G 7A 9Pts
I'm sure the Hall haters will come up with some lame ass theory as to why Draisaitl took the next step and Hall had no positive influence on it at all :laugh:

In 37 games he was not NHL ready. Going back to junior , winning the Whl championship, playing a handful of games in the A all were major contributing factors. Playing with Hall , who drives a line also helped. (Yes I sad that)

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
328 points in 381 games in Edmonton (0.86 ppg)
51 points in 66 games in New Jersey (0.77 ppg)

A 0.85 ppg player in the NHL has "not proven anything since junior hockey"?

What?

Hall is a stud. Top 5 LW in League but we needed Larsson sooooo bad. Great trade.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I can't stand Hall but it has nothing to do with how good he is at hockey... it's mostly just that face.. uuugh.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well is quite easy to eliminate the players that played d. McD is off that list completely. Nuge wether you like him or not ,played a 2 way game. Drai played with Hall and was learning and trying to establish himself as a NHL regular so not really considered " their top Players". Which leaves Hall and Ebs which also are the players called out by our own fan base.

Nuge played a two way game, but you can see the difference between the way he used to play and the way he plays now. He wasn't as bad as Hall and Eberle, but Nuge would take shortcuts that would cost the team too. Eberle and Nuge have had a sort of reclamation year this year, to see if they could change their games. Their offense has suffered a bit, but I think anyone who watches the team regularly can see differences between who they were a year ago and who they are today. Ebs moreso than Nuge of course, but based off of this, I think it is fair to keep Nuge in with the group Doughty was referring to.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
In 37 games he was not NHL ready. Going back to junior , winning the Whl championship, playing a handful of games in the A all were major contributing factors. Playing with Hall , who drives a line also helped. (Yes I sad that)

Nuge played a two way game, but you can see the difference between the way he used to play and the way he plays now. He wasn't as bad as Hall and Eberle, but Nuge would take shortcuts that would cost the team too. Eberle and Nuge have had a sort of reclamation year this year, to see if they could change their games. Their offense has suffered a bit, but I think anyone who watches the team regularly can see differences between who they were a year ago and who they are today. Ebs moreso than Nuge of course, but based off of this, I think it is fair to keep Nuge in with the group Doughty was referring to.

So for sure Hall , Ebs, and for me in a lesser degree Nuge. Fair to say. ?

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I think its fair to add Yakupov to the list, even though he isn't with the Oil any more. Especially because we know that the Kings were more than a little annoyed by this:

Baaahah that is an absolute classic, especially knowing where his career went shortly after.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
When will this man make the playoffs. He was talking about how he wanted to win. He might leave Jersey if they arent a playoff team by the time his contract ends.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
When will this man make the playoffs. He was talking about how he wanted to win. He might leave Jersey if they arent a playoff team by the time his contract ends.

So your saying Hall will leave NJ in 3 years if they don't make the playoffs. I'm speechless. Just got to leave this one alone. Lol

Sup

Oct 13, 2016
oilers improved because they got rid of Hall. Addition by subtraction.

It's the Taylor Hall effect. He gets in your dressing room, you fall in the standings.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
I kind of think its hilarious how many Edmonton fans hated the trade at first and now all I see is posts about how Larsson has stabilized their D corps

...which is pretty much exactly what Devils fans told them would happen this past summer :laugh:

I'd be one of those. I hated it because I was ignorant, I thought Larsson was a nobody. I still am shocked we couldn't get a little more than we did, but I am not stupid enough to think a much better offer was out there.

I really, really miss Hall, but I can admit that trading something we had an excess of for something we had a shortage of, well it made us a better team.

I have no issues with his on ice or ice ice behaviours, people are complex more than just athletes, and I will take passion over ambivalence any day.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

It's the Taylor Hall effect. He gets in your dressing room, you fall in the standings.

Exactly, that's what happened to the Windsor Spitfires.

Wait...the opposite? My bad. :laugh:

Oilers improved because McDavid got a year older and played all 82 games. At least, that was the biggest reason.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a chance. When you get rid of cancer , you don't ask for it to return.

Taylor Hall is no cancer . I was glad when the trade happen not because Hall is a bad player r anything . We needed D . We were not succeeding with what we had . Taylor Hall was handed the keys to Edmonton and it would have been tough on him to take a back seat to Connor McDavid . Taylor Hall drives a line and he would only work in Edmonton as a 2nd line left winger ,he can be the driver on that line

Something like this

Maroon McD Puljujarvi
Hall Draisaitl XXX/Pitlick
Caggiula DD/XXX Pitlick/XXX
Slepyshev Testu Kassian

Yeah I would take him back if we can move RNH & Eberle . Replace them with cheaper option

RNH + Eberle for Hall back
RNH + 2017 1st for Hall

Don't have Pouliot in there as I think he will be gone in the off season

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey

lmao. devils didn't need hall to fall (nice rhyme) in standings. they are perfectly capable of doing that without him.
I think hall could get a prospect or 2. I wouldn't trade him for picks though.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
Taylor Hall is no cancer . I was glad when the trade happen not because Hall is a bad player r anything . We needed D . We were not succeeding with what we had . Taylor Hall was handed the keys to Edmonton and it would have been tough on him to take a back seat to Connor McDavid . Taylor Hall drives a line and he would only work in Edmonton as a 2nd line left winger ,he can be the driver on that line

Something like this

Maroon McD Puljujarvi
Hall Draisaitl XXX/Pitlick
Caggiula DD/XXX Pitlick/XXX
Slepyshev Testu Kassian

Yeah I would take him back if we can move RNH & Eberle . Replace them with cheaper option

RNH + Eberle for Hall back
RNH + 2017 1st for Hall

Don't have Pouliot in there as I think he will be gone in the off season

Thanks god your not our GM. We're fine without Hall. Thank you very much. Any trade that brings Hall Back is a pipe dream. Chia knows all the garbage that comes with Hall. Now go to your room.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Thanks god your not our GM. We're fine without Hall. Thank you very much. Any trade that brings Hall Back is a pipe dream. Chia knows all the garbage that comes with Hall. Now go to your room.

Yeah Hall's no Griffin Reinhart :laugh:

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
It sucks that Hall is a shell of the player he was before his constant injuries. He was never great defensively, but the guy was a beast with the puck his first few seasons in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad