Value of: Taylor Hall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Only the silliest of fans subscribe to the Hall is a cancer arguement. Great kid and a great player, i'm certain after a slight retool Jersey will have success with him next year.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said, by making this claim you are ignoring literally EVERYTHING else that has happened with those two teams over the past few years.

context. get some.

I'm ignoring EVERYTHING that doesn't confirm your clearly incorrect point of view.

Results count in sports. I'm focusing on EVERYTHING that matters.

The Oilers are significantly better the season after Hall left. The Devils are significantly worse the season after Hall joined them.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm ignoring EVERYTHING that doesn't confirm your clearly incorrect point of view.

The Oilers are significantly better the season after Hall left. The Devils are significantly worse the season after Hall joined them.

This is akin to owning a car for 10 years and never getting in an accident. Then, you buy a new car and a month in you get in an accident....its definitely the car's fault, right?

Of course results matter. Ignoring all of the components that go into the results and just spewing nonsense like you and the ape guy are doing is just a sign of not knowing what you're talking about. Its such a childish way of looking at things that it isn't worth responding anymore.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto

lol great to know that a single player playing less than a third of the game can single-handedly lose games

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He was on the same team as Connor McDavid last year.

Oh Hall got hurt? Hall gets hurt every year...
So you quit watching the Oilers in the middle of October, 2015? Because thats when Hall was split from McDavid and paired up with with Draisaitl and was the driving force on the team while McDavid/Eberle/Pouliot/RNH/Klefbom/Davidson all missed significant time last season. All Taylor Halls fault right? :laugh:
I wonder if a full healthy roster, the addition of Lucic, Larsson, Russell, Maroon, Kassian, Benning, a step forward by Nurse and a top 10 performance by Talbot had more to do with the Oilers success than Taylor Hall leaving?

Read the facts not just the standings.

Hall still has a lot of value across this league because he is a great player that has been stuck on some unfortunate teams

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
He never mentions names. I took ot to mean Nuge and Eberle.

Not sure why you would think it would be Nuge. Doesn't fit for what Nuge does in his role. Doughy said their top players last year only cared about scoring points , and Not play defense. Totally not Nuges role or mind set.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Not sure why you would think it would be Nuge. Doesn't fit for what Nuge does in his role. Doughy said their top players last year only cared about scoring points , and Not play defense. Totally not Nuges role or mind set.
That would include McDavid, Hall, Eberle, Draisaitl, and RNH. Not sure why people want to believe that Doughty was taking a shot at at Hall alone. It was a culture developed by years of **** management and coaching

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005

yeah cause adding 2 top 4 defensemen certainly had a miniscule impact on the oilers being better, it was all that cancer Hall. It certainly wasn't improving the ability of the team to play through physical battles by adding a bunch of size at forward either, nope all cancer Halls fault that the Oilers were an easy team to lean on and render useless when Hall was the toughest guy in the top 6. Nope Hall is just a loser, not that the Oilers were a poorly built team while he was there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

This is hilariously incomplete and intellectually dishonest.

The Oilers did nothing else after the end of last season? Noting at all? They just made the trade, added no one else to their roster, and Adam Larsson Superman'd them into the playoffs all by himself?

No other injured Irish guys became healthy or anything like that?

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
Hall's great, but I think there's even a worthy discussion to be had for NJ to move him as soon as this off season.

I'll always believe they got him for a steal of a deal, but I also think it'd be especially prudent of them to flip him now. Hall clearly wants to win and play for a playoff team, and NJ isn't quite there. They could rebound, things get a lot easier when Schneider's putting up .920+ in a season, but I'm not sure how much they can add in a normal offseason.

Sure, it's a bit chicken little to talk about Hall leaving when he has 3 contract years left, but it's obvious the guy is burning to win. Move him now and acquire assets when the Devils will be ready to compete rather than in a couple years when he has a year or half season left.

If they're not competitive next season, which seems fairly reasonable, they'll have two years of Hall left and I doubt one or two trips to the playoffs will make him stay. Get young elite assets for him now.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
This is akin to owning a car for 10 years and never getting in an accident. Then, you buy a new car and a month in you get in an accident....its definitely the car's fault, right?

Of course results matter. Ignoring all of the components that go into the results and just spewing nonsense like you and the ape guy are doing is just a sign of not knowing what you're talking about. Its such a childish way of looking at things that it isn't worth responding anymore.

Its actually akin to a car that has been recalled and never fixed. Then crashed several times over, not quite a write off. Its damage in severe and every time you fix it, it gets a bit worse :) I love Taylor Hall but hes been beaten up and bruised. He has not proven anything since junior hockey and has never proven clutch in the NHL

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Its actually akin to a car that has been recalled and never fixed. Then crashed several times over, not quite a write off. Its damage in severe and every time you fix it, it gets a bit worse :) I love Taylor Hall but hes been beaten up and bruised. He has not proven anything since junior hockey and has never proven clutch in the NHL

328 points in 381 games in Edmonton (0.86 ppg)
51 points in 66 games in New Jersey (0.77 ppg)

A 0.85 ppg player in the NHL has "not proven anything since junior hockey"?

What?

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Dont know how good Hall is. But You cant say that he give his team good puckluck.
In Oilers the half season they were 24, the other five 28,28,29,29, and last. Now Devils are 28.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This is hilariously incomplete and intellectually dishonest.

The Oilers did nothing else after the end of last season? Noting at all? They just made the trade, added no one else to their roster, and Adam Larsson Superman'd them into the playoffs all by himself?

No other injured Irish guys became healthy or anything like that?

Mc Jesus had nothing to do with it either......the Oilers are proof that if you suck long enough you can still accidentally become good. Hall doesn't have as big of an impact because he is a winger and not a center or defenseman that is the only reason. Falling into McDavid is the reason they are respectable now.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He played with Draisatl

Yes, I realize this. But McDavid missing half the year is one reason as to why the Oilers are much better this year than they were last year. Along with improving their defense and getting great goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad