Value of: Taylor Hall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
First off, let me start by saying I don't want to trade Taylor Hall... so with that out the way, I just wanted to see what his value would be IF he decided to ask for a trade.

Hall is a young and prolific winger but he's been apart of two rebuilding teams that have been bottom feaders for the entire portion of his 7 year career. I wouldn't be shocked if he demanded a change of scenery if we can't turn things around this offseason but with three more years left on his deal at 6M$ per, Shero basically holds all the cards here.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Give you Ben Hutton for him.

Heck, I'd even throw in Reid Boucher. Kid looks great, if a little weird, and I have no idea how we managed to pry him from you.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
His value is lower than it was thanks to playing on a team having a really poor season. He's worth more to the Devils than he is in a trade.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
First off, let me start by saying I don't want to trade Taylor Hall... so with that out the way, I just wanted to see what his value would be IF he decided to ask for a trade.

Hall is a young and prolific winger but he's been apart of two rebuilding teams that have been bottom feaders for the entire portion of his 7 year career. I wouldn't be shocked if he demanded a change of scenery if we can't turn things around this offseason but with three more years left on his deal at 6M$ per, Shero basically holds all the cards here.

Stop. Seriously, just stop. There's no need to do this. He's not going anywhere. You're overreacting.

IF things are like this 2 years from now, that's a different story. Give Shero another year or 2.

You think Shero trades Larrson for Hall to get rid of him 1 year after? Come on.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He just got here, so they aren't going to be trading him and this is a pointless thread.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Who are Halls ideal linemates? He strikes me as an (albeit talented) one man show every time I see him.

He's played well with Crosby at the worlds, Draisaitl last year, and even guys like Gagner and Horcoff in years past. With Hall is you need guys who are willing to go to the net and can get him the puck. This is why he was always a bit of a mis-match with RNH, who plays a perimeter game.

Although part of the problem with Hall is while he creates a lot from the left side and is a very good playmaker and passer, he doesn't finish a lot plays that come to him there. He needs to drive the play from the LW, because he's not very effective reading off others from that spot. This means his game becomes a 1 way street, and he develops that "one man show" mentality.

It's the reason why I've always thought is that he'd be far more suited (and better) as a RW'er, where he's forced to "open up" to the middle of the ice (which he is effective at). Before he was traded last year I was wanting to see a Maroon-McDavid-Hall line.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I would love to see Hall get traded to a decent team. I feel sorry for him. He got traded from the toilet to... well nowhere better. And I am not saying this to trash Jersey or anything but I would just like to see what he can do on a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad