Tanknation - Is the Population Zero ?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
i'm not. the whole inane concept of tank nation is a loser mindset and attitude. losing breeds losers and winning breeds winners.
You're right. Things would sure be better for us if we didn't tank and have BY FAR the best odds of getting Matthews.

I sure wish we finished like 12th and drafted some no name.

Or the year the penguins finished dead last and drafted Crosby. That sure lead to a culture of "losers", didn't it?

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You're right. Things would sure be better for us if we didn't tank and have BY FAR the best odds of getting Matthews.

Or the year the penguins finished dead last and drafted Crosby. That sure lead to a culture of "losers", didn't it?
Didn't the Pens land Crosby through a lockout season? One where previous 1st overall picks would work against them?

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Thank you. Even if you score a really good player, you're on a trajectory of being terrible. Sure the playoff berth set the bar a bit high, but is it better to have not experienced that? Better to have been hopeless for another year?

anyone who thinks that not making the playoffs, for whatever reason, it better then making it thinks their hockey completely unlike me and i am fine with that. we need people of all sorts to ensure life isn't boring and that we don't all think the same.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

That’s not at all what happened with Crosby. Pretty sure Chicago jumped up for kane. Jersey and philly.

We had like a 20% chance at Matthews. It was far from a gaurantee

I’m personally not against selling off UFAs regardless this year. But losing breeds losers

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Typically it takes a number of years for an 18 year old defenceman to become acclimatized to the league. Do you think Dahlin could have an immediate impact on this team ?
Not advocating for the tank but why would we need him to? We’re 1 year removed from finishing last place. If knock on wood Matthews, Nylander and Marner went down and Bab’s has he 30th place team again, Dahlin would be a lovely consolation prize.

That’s not at all what happened with Crosby. Pretty sure Chicago jumped up for kane. Jersey and philly.

I’m personally not against selling off UFAs regardless this year. But losing breeds losers

Losing Breeds Franchise talent like Kane, Toews, Doughty, McDavid, Malkin, Stamkos, Matthews etc. for your franchise. In some of those examples it even bred multiple Stanley Cups.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Not advocating for the tank but why would we need him to? We’re 1 year removed from finishing last place. If knock on wood Matthews, Nylander and Marner went down and Bab’s has he 30th place team again, Dahlin would be a lovely consolation prize.

Losing Breeds Franchise talent like Kane, Toews, Doughty, McDavid, Malkin, Stamkos, Matthews etc. for your franchise. In some of those examples it even bred multiple Stanley Cups.

Sure. But then continuing to try to lose when you have talent. That’s what breeds losing. You can’t tank with a matthews. And suck for 4 years and expect it to work. That’s why they kept willy et al away from the tank

See edmonton. Colorado. Soon to be buffalo

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Sure. But then continuing to try to lose when you have talent. That’s what breeds losing. You can’t tank with a matthews. And suck for 4 years and expect it to work. That’s why they kept willy et al away from the tank

See edmonton. Colorado. Soon to be buffalo

You’re right we shouldn’t be trying to lose, but as a rebuilding team you know what we should be doing? Selling off expiring contracts like JVR and Bozak as they won’t likely be here long term.We shouldn’t be trading away picks for expiring contracts. We should be playing younger, NHL ready players so that they can gain valuable experience. That is what we should be doing. If we bottom out because of that then fine, we draft high and work on getting better. If we don’t, even better as we’re probably closer to contention than we thought.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

You’re right we shouldn’t be trying to lose, but as a rebuilding team you know what we should be doing? Selling off expiring contracts like JVR and Bozak as they won’t likely be here long term.We shouldn’t be trading away picks for expiring contracts. We should be playing younger, NHL ready players so that they can gain valuable experience. That is what we should be doing. If we bottom out because of that then fine, we draft high and work on getting better. If we don’t, even better as we’re probably closer to contention than we thought.

I absolutely agree. If we aren’t signing bozie and jvr. Sell them off.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad