Tanknation - Is the Population Zero ?

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Given the Leafs red hot start and the very impressive development of last year's rookie crop - Is there anybody still left who believes the team should tank again this year to attract a higher pick ?
Is it possible that this team could still not be anywhere near as good as they have looked so far early in this new season ?
IMHO At this stage you would true contarian to be a card carrying member of Tanknation, Anybody still out there ?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Tank nation died after we drafted Matthews. That completed the three headed offensive monster. Although I wouldn't be adverse to moving JVR and Bozak for 1sts in next year's draft just so we could grab another good D (Merkley, Woo, Boqvist etc.).

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Landed the much hoped for centre. The other positions are riskier, IMO. Hoping to not be in the draft lottery again for a long time.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Bring back Kessel, Lupul, and Phaneuf.

Get rid of Matthew’s, Marner, Nylander, and Babcock.

Rinse and repeat.....

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Given the Leafs red hot start and the very impressive development of last year's rookie crop - Is there anybody still left who believes the team should tank again this year to attract a higher pick ?
Is it possible that this team could still not be anywhere near as good as they have looked so far early in this new season ?
IMHO At this stage you would true contarian to be a card carrying member of Tanknation, Anybody still out there ?

Forget about this year but even last year there were hardly any fans that wanted us to tank - you can still those on Oilers forum (and I was really surprised to see that)

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Tank Nation is alive and well.

Doom is imminent.

It will not take much to get that bandwagon up to speed.

At 4-1, the facts are the people and coach are not entirely happy with the goalie, the defense, and now they are shuffling the line up.

Only religious intervention can save us!

:baghead:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I doubt there's anyone left wanting to bottom out or I certainly can't fathom how there could be.

But say game 82 is next on the schedule and we're 3 points out of a playoff spot, and there's 5 other teams who could end up with better records than us after that game 82, maybe "tank nation" has a one night reunion I'm sure.

This is a playoff team or a disappointment from here on out. With the players we have and the prospects in the system, surely rounding out the team should happen pretty much organically going forward. It seems this management group still values draft picks for future health, we're in good hands and have a solid foundation for a very long time going forward.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
I'd trade Marleau for cap space.

IE. Not "all in" this year at the cost of being unable to re-sign all our young core for the next 5-7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad