Proposal: Tanev for Galchenyuk

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Is this the part where folks reply with discussion as to how Tanev sucks because he plays for a bad team? I'm not sure which player evaluation logical fallacies we're supposed to be using at this point.

None.

We're talking about fans that are overrating their players to make them feel better.

MTL is in WIN NOW MODE, and does not do this trade b/c they can NOT score goals and Tanev DOES NOT SCORE GOALS. He is amazing defensively but crap offensively. They have, arguably the best goaltender in Price, and one of the best NHL D man in Weber.

VAN does not do this b/c they can NOT score goals OR stop goals, Chucky DOES NOT STOP GOALS. He would be a amazing fit on the second line but VAN has much deeper problems than just scoring. I.E, they need an actual centre to replace H.Sedin not named Horvat/Chucky, replace their G, and find a #1 D .. if anything trade MTL for Mete + 1st +, and go from there.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland

this-isnt-the-time-to-use-that.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs decline. If you want Galchenyuk, we are looking for a a package deal. Young center and LD. Depending on the players, we might even add our 2018 1st and one of our young goaltending prospects (Lindgren and McNiven). That's the type of trade the Habs are looking for IMO.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Sorry, what the Habs needs is, either a top pairing puck moving offensive LD or a C. Thus, this trade makes no sense, unless it's a three way deal where we then trade Tanev for something we do need.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Tanev appears to be the new JVR of the trade boards. I don't think the Canucks get anything close they're looking for for him.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Habs decline. If you want Galchenyuk, we are looking for a a package deal. Young center and LD. Depending on the players, we might even add our 2018 1st and one of our young goaltending prospects (Lindgren and McNiven). That's the type of trade the Habs are looking for IMO.

Nobody really wants Galchenyuk, he's expendable on a team that is desperate for offensive and his supposed strength is offense, I see him as a fit for Vancouver as Galchenyuk has upside and Vancouver should be rebuilding. I overlooked Montreal being strong on the right side in this proposal so Tanev isn't the best fit. That said, the Habs would be hard pressed to get better value than Tanev.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nobody really wants Galchenyuk, he's expendable on a team that is desperate for offensive and his supposed strength is offense, I see him as a fit for Vancouver as Galchenyuk has upside and Vancouver should be rebuilding. I overlooked Montreal being strong on the right side in this proposal so Tanev isn't the best fit. That said, the Habs would be hard pressed to get better value than Tanev.

Nobody really wants Galchenyuk... Complete BS!! You know what, If we don't get the value we want, we don't trade him. But your comeback is, his value might get worse? Well, you and many others have already reduced him to a bag of pucks so his value can't get any worse according to your standards ;).

Galchenyuk >> Tanev. You are trying to get Galchenyuk at low value and it won't work. Habs are not trading for depth on RD and we are looking for Centers and LD.

Galchenyuk and one of Lindgren and McNiven for Nelson and De Hann is a deal I can see going down here in the next few weeks. You can keep Tanev.

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Canucks fans offer Tanev to everyone, everyone declines their offer, Canucks fans get pissed because everyone but them undervalues Tanev.

Rinse and repeat.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Canucks fans offer Tanev to everyone, everyone declines their offer, Canucks fans get pissed because everyone but them undervalues Tanev.

Rinse and repeat.

If You replace 'Canucks' With 'Montreal' and 'Tanev' with 'Galchenyuk' the statement still holds up. Weird.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Rinse and repeat.
The problem is that Tanev is a legitimately valuable player... but not so valuable that you can immediately kickstart a rebuild, or grab some other team's core youngsters. And everyone offering Tanev in deals so far seems to fail to recognize that there's a difference between that latter level of value and "lol they think he's valueless".

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Nobody really wants Galchenyuk... Complete BS!! You know what, If we don't get the value we want, we don't trade him. But your comeback is, his value might get worse? Well, you and many others have already reduced him to a bag of pucks so his value can't get any worse according to your standards ;).

Galchenyuk >> Tanev. You are trying to get Galchenyuk at low value and it won't work. Habs are not trading for depth on RD and we are looking for Centers and LD.

Galchenyuk and one of Lindgren and McNiven for Nelson and De Hann is a deal I can see going down here in the next few weeks. You can keep Tanev.
Keep Tanev? I hate the Nucks, lol. Montreal as an organization is devaluing Galchenyuk. He's sat on the trade market for quite sometime, no one is motivated to get him. His value is that he's still a shinny enough piece for when another (better) talent forces himself onto the market.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Keep Tanev? I hate the Nucks, lol. Montreal as an organization is devaluing Galchenyuk. He's sat on the trade market for quite sometime, no one is motivated to get him. His value is that he's still a shinny enough piece for when another (better) talent forces himself onto the market.

There is interest to acquire Galchenyuk but the asking price will be high. Just like Duchene with Sakic. So, if you don't want to pony up, go try to get Duchene then. Habs are in no rush to dump Galchenyuk into your hands for low return value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad