Proposal: Tanev for Galchenyuk

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
There is interest to acquire Galchenyuk but the asking price will be high. Just like Duchene with Sakic. So, if you don't want to pony up, go try to get Duchene then. Habs are in no rush to dump Galchenyuk into your hands for low return value.

Duchene plays center, Duchene has never been kept out of the top six... and who are these teams that want Galchenyuk? Name them

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think plenty of teams would want Galchenyuk. He's a great offensive talent. I just don't think Montreal is going to find anyone that will give them a top pair LHD or Top 6 C for him. Maybe someone with the potential to get there, but not someone who is established (unless they are much older).

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
If you think there is no GM that is not interested in Galchenyuk, you are being silly

So you can't name a name team. I'm sure there is a bunch of GMs interested in JVR but I'm not so short sighted to think any GM really cares that much.

Galchenyuk is a soft target for other GMs, Duchene is a hard target.

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
There is interest to acquire Galchenyuk but the asking price will be high. Just like Duchene with Sakic. So, if you don't want to pony up, go try to get Duchene then. Habs are in no rush to dump Galchenyuk into your hands for low return value.
Err, whatever Duchene finally gets traded for...it'll be more than what Galchenyuk will be traded for (Assuming he gets traded) so if you don't want to pony up for Duchene, by default, you won't be ponying up for Galchenyuk...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Err, whatever Duchene finally gets traded for...it'll be more than what Galchenyuk will be traded for (Assuming he gets traded) so if you don't want to pony up for Duchene, by default, you won't be ponying up for Galchenyuk...

When did I say Galchenyuk = Duchene? I said you wait till you get a deal you like... the same way Sakic is waiting for Duchene. We should wait for Galchenyuk.

Err... If you only stopped for a second to make an attempt at understanding the message. Or if you didn't understand, you ask for clarity instead of making assumptions.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
When did I say Galchenyuk = Duchene? I said you wait till you get a deal you like... the same way Sakic is waiting for Duchene. We should wait for Galchenyuk.

Err... If you only stopped for a second to make an attempt at understanding the message. Or if you didn't understand, you ask for clarity instead of making assumptions.

Oh please, really? You said, if you don't want to pony up for Galchenyuk, go after Duchene. All I said was that if you aren't willing to pony up for Galchenyuk, you sure aren't going to pony up for Duchene who costs way more.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Oh please, really? You said, if you don't want to pony up for Galchenyuk, go after Duchene. All I said was that if you aren't willing to pony up for Galchenyuk, you sure aren't going to pony up for Duchene who costs way more.
How much more do you think Duchene is worth?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

My apologies for an incorrect assumption you made. I guess I should of spelled it out for you or clarified it with a 2nd post. Oh wait, I did ;)

Mar 26, 2010
Montreal gets hosed here.

Canucks fans sure are desperate to trade Tanev. How many Trade threads do they need for him.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
My apologies for an incorrect assumption you made. I guess I should of spelled it out for you or clarified it with a 2nd post. Oh wait, I did ;)
What? The ONLY assumption/point I made was saying that if a team isn't willing to pay for Galchenyuk, then they won't be willing to pay for Duchene. That is all. Period. I did not make any other assumptions, points, implications. It's a simple statement. If you are reading more into that...well, that's all you.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What? The ONLY assumption/point I made was saying that if a team isn't willing to pay for Galchenyuk, then they won't be willing to pay for Duchene. That is all. Period. I did not make any other assumptions, points, implications. It's a simple statement. If you are reading more into that...well, that's all you.

No you clearly said Duchene gets more (if traded) vs Galchenyuk (if traded). That was a reply you made and it had nothing to do with what I was saying. Anyways, It don't matter. There is nothing we are offering that is productive other than a pissing contest.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
This Tanev stuff is getting so out of hand. These Vancouver fans will tell you how Tanev farts rainbows and can exit the zone using only the power of his mind, but then they'll throw him in every trade offer they can muster because none of them want to keep this underrated superstar on a sweet contract. Then there is the rest of the world that sees a completely ordinary defenceman in every way and we wonder what all the fuss is about. Can Benning just trade this guy so this can all end? Seriously, would Chris Tanev be worth Halak, Ryder and a 2nd round pick? How about Tanev + picks and prospects for McDavid? Tanev for a cap dump? Anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad